The Falkirk FC Thread

People are correct to be cautious but I do have to say if this guy is a conman he is going to feel like a right dick when he realises that the current MSG have managed to convince him to part with cash for a club without a single tangible asset to strip.
They would have basically convinced him to give them half a million quid in exchange for being able to make much more than that from the club but like one of those African prince email scams from 10 years ago he would just end up out of pocket.

The plan seems to be they will create the assets to strip . I’m up for that if we have better entertainment and who gives a f—k

1 hour ago, falkirkbairn10 said:

Anyone know the people that are backing Campbell In this takeover.... I thought it was just him on his own but it’s a consortium emoji848.pngemoji848.png

Apparently he money is coming from the far east/Singapore way

1 minute ago, falkirkbairn10 said:

Cheers bud.... going along to the meet a greet tomorrow night see what’s said

Is it tomorrow night now ? i seen there were some during the day 

5 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Not since the days of Rangers going tits up and that new club Sevco entering the league in their place have I woken up and had to trawl my way through 7 pages on a thread - Box Office Bairns right enough.

Yes, this whole thing reminds me of that episode a bit too. 

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Apparently he money is coming from the far east/Singapore way

If that's the case you should be asking how the money got there because who controls the money, not some up front stooge, will control you. 

13 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

If that's the case you should be asking how the money got there because who controls the money, not some up front stooge, will control you. 

Think the Sunderland supporters were in the same frame of mind, its upto the SFA if he is fit and proper i dare say and if the money is right our MSG all we can do is be concerned on what the MO is we dont have any assets to strip so see what happens next and how he comes across at the Q and A tomorrow.

9 hours ago, GMBairn said:

People are correct to be cautious but I do have to say if this guy is a conman he is going to feel like a right dick when he realises that the current MSG have managed to convince him to part with cash for a club without a single tangible asset to strip.

They would have basically convinced him to give them half a million quid in exchange for being able to make much more than that from the club but like one of those African prince email scams from 10 years ago he would just end up out of pocket.

Exactly this.  Theres some right weirdos in our support who actually think this is some sort of con.  If he wants to try and profit from the surrounding land then he can do whatever the hell he wants with it as long he delivers a 4th stand, academy and onfield results. And if he was a conman then surely the current Sunderland owners would be stepping forward instead of letting MC claim that he has a good relationship with them?

I'm looking forward to the Q&A tomorrow and really hope they can get this deal over the line.

23 minutes ago, champions said:

I'm looking forward to the Q&A tomorrow and really hope they can get this deal over the line.

I don't think the Q&A will tell you anything. 

It's easy to make promises. Any half-competent salesman could get you believing whatever he wants, particularly as you have no way of verifying his claims. If he say's he'll plough ten million into the club over the next five years how can you confirm that? 

The real test will presumably be the checks carried out by either the club or the SFA. Does anyone know how these work? 

Edited by Bainsfordbairn
grammar.

I'm still in the "not sure" camp over the take over. I just pray this guy is the real deal so that I can get the ST renewed. As a fan base I think its high time we had a bit of good fortune as the past few seasons we haven't had our troubles to seek.

I don't think the Q&A will tell you anything.  It's easy to make promises. Any half-competent salesman could get you believing whatever he wants, particularly as you have no way of verifying his claims. If he say's he'll plough ten million into the club over the next five years how can you confirm that? 

The real test will presumably be the checks carried out by either the club or the SFA. Does anyone know how these work? 

Exactly this.  Theres some right weirdos in our support who actually think this is some sort of con.  If he wants to try and profit from the surrounding land then he can do whatever the hell he wants with it as long he delivers a 4th stand, academy and onfield results. And if he was a conman then surely the current Sunderland owners would be stepping forward instead of letting MC claim that he has a good relationship with them?

As long as the costs of developing the surrounding area is not passed through the books of Falkirk FC leaving us in a debt ridden position and open to dissolution.....