The Falkirk FC Thread

Question for people on here.

Would you like to see BTB continue?

Absolutely Yes. But to what end though?

Being enough of a part of the new ownership to have significant say /be able to protect the club?
Buying out the council?
Funding the academy?

My measly £10 a month or whatever it was is still on the table for any of the above.

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

That's an open goal and I'm sure you knew the answer you'ld get before you asked. However,

Bairnstrust as I understand it are no more, albeit as the last chairman of it ( I think) you're in a better position to know the current status than I am. It certainly doesn't have active, registered, paid-up members. Does Brian Guthrie still have some sort of involvement as the nominal spokesman on behalf of the shares they purchased?

Regardless of that, David and Kenny have more trust and respect amongst the fanbase than some of their well-known leaders ever did. I know work has taken place recently to bring all the fan groups together in opposition to the MSG but that's largely been done behind closed doors. 

As fans, we need some sort of group to represent our interests. BTB have universal support, which is almost unheard of in recent times for a single fans group. It needs to continue. Exactly where it goes is up to the people who run it but it would be a squandered opportunity to let all the goodwill and support that DW/KJ have go to waste.

Besides which, any prospective new owner need to be grilled and endorsed / rejected by the fans. Nobody is in a better position to do that than BTB.

Yes, of course. BUT, I don’t want our money invested in any venture until the new owners show that the commitments they are making are genuine.
So I’d not be keen to invest in the scheme until we see the Academy start to materialise, and plans for the development of the 4th stand, land around the stadium etc.
It could be that 800k might be needed to bail the club out if this all goes tits up.....

1 hour ago, mic_17_uk said:
1 hour ago, Sanity check needed. said:
Very good point, that must be embarrassing plus cove had their star player missing.
It wasn't that long ago their new CB was the best thing since sliced bread, think his name was Mendy wonder what happened to him

He didn't play today, but have you seen any of the highlights with him? He's pure comedy.

I never realised how happy you make me, oh Mendy

Yeah he makes Hartley's defence look good
He came on as a sub today it seems against Hartley's team. No proper comedy today, but he was on the pitch long enough to get roasted a few times [emoji3]

17 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Football achievements aside (although that’s what the vast majority of us care about, if not all) there is money to be made owning Falkirk FC & the stadium if you have the interest & will to make it happen.

The club/stadium footprint is massive, iconic in the local area and is visited not only by thousands of football fans but tens of thousands of people every week either for business or leisure, especially with the helix/kelpies just next door.

The new college nearby which is just about to open will bring further people to the area each week.

I’m not surprised he’s saying that he wants to complete the stadium as from what I was told previously, any future East side development MUST include an East stand/safe standing.

Due to everything I said plus the future Falkirk Gateway in the pipeline, I’m not surprised he may see an East stand structure important to his plans for a hotel, conference facilities & new academy facilities too.

And if he can do that whilst putting a successful team on the pitch, he/they are onto a winner.

Good luck to him & hopefully as others have said, he can make his plans become a reality. For all of our sakes.

I used to think the hotel thing was pie in the sky nonsense but there are now over 2 million tourists a year coming though falkirk. We don't have a high quality 5* star hotel and with it's proximity to the helix park and the Kelpies a nice, well run hotel at that location would have the potential to be a very profitable enterprise.

People are correct to be cautious but I do have to say if this guy is a conman he is going to feel like a right dick when he realises that the current MSG have managed to convince him to part with cash for a club without a single tangible asset to strip.

They would have basically convinced him to give them half a million quid in exchange for being able to make much more than that from the club but like one of those African prince email scams from 10 years ago he would just end up out of pocket.