The Falkirk FC Thread

If this guy IS a conman, it would be quite the acheivement in blowing any previous shows of incompetence into subatomic particles from our board and MSG tbf.

It would likely make me yearn for the days of just getting slagged about relegation.

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

but on the flip side, are we expected to believe a room full of sucessful business people (leave aside their stewardship of FFC) have been completely Lyle Lanley'd by this guy over a period of months to the point of approving a seven figure transaction for the sale of shares in a club they all claim to support?

Not as out there as your chairwoman? Being a lawyer and monumentally fucking up with McKinnon tbf. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If this guy IS a conman, it would be quite the acheivement in blowing any previous shows of incompetence into subatomic particles from our board and MSG tbf.

It would likely make me yearn for the days of just getting slagged about relegation.

It would be up there with Hamilton Accies falling for a Nigerian scam email and bank account details

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Not as out there as your chairwoman? Being a lawyer and monumentally fucking up with McKinnon tbf. 

In her defence on that one the SPFL rules state that as she was still a practicing/ sitting lawyer she couldnt represent the case

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Yip. We would be in that wheelhouse. 

I wonder if it was the Astronaut one they went for the bring Tunde home the fella that had been on the russian space lab at the collapse of the soviet union or the uncle with the coffee farm that needs to deposit the millions into a bank account as they were the last living relatives.

6 minutes ago, Frankthebairn said:

Same guy same postal code,tell me he’s not a fraudster 

Who is coates82 from Fethiye, Turkey, what was he/she accusing Mark Campbell of 7 years ago , and did it go to court?

Edited by welshbairn

I think we are all old enough to have seen this before. A club gets a rich owner. First few seasons it's all great as his money is poured into the abyss. A little into the future and the owner has had enough of blowing his money and walks away. Leaving the club heavy in debt and the fans need to bail it out (unless your Gretna or Rangers that is). Let's enjoy the ride and pray we still have a club in 10 years.

3 minutes ago, ditots said:

I think we are all old enough to have seen this before. A club gets a rich owner. First few seasons it's all great as his money is poured into the abyss. A little into the future and the owner has had enough of blowing his money and walks away. Leaving the club heavy in debt and the fans need to bail it out (unless your Gretna or Rangers that is). Let's enjoy the ride and pray we still have a club in 10 years.

Might just be me but i think with the invention/intro to the internet it just fuels the paranoia and reasons for this lad wanting to invest in us.

Another thing is if they want to establish the academy again and build a fourth stand is that new pitch not wasted money. with the fencing etc going round it.

22 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Apologies for singling someone out, and it might get me an annoyed PM later, but I'm pleased to see BPM liked your post. 

Big man - nobody trusts the MSG to do the right thing as it may line their pockets. That might be grossly unfair and totally inaccurate, but it's a common perception amongst fans. 

We have no Bairnstrust or other organised fan body to represent us. That means it falls to BTB, Kenny, David, Keith and patrons like yourself. 

I'd suggest that you not only meet Mark Campbell, but also contact Sunderland fan s groups to see if there is any truth in these online rumours. Offer to meet some of the new posters on here too, in confidence, if they can provide evidence they think you should see. 

The fans need to do their own due diligence. Kenny & David have done brilliant work so far, but it may be that their most important task is still ahead of them. Are you guys willing to take up the cudgel on our behalf? 

I'd speak to stuart donald rather than s bunch of sunderland fans. Hes a pretty open owner and im sure he'd let people know whether they had any serious issues with his consortium. 

The man sure does love dissolving companies,yeh he’s saying all the right things I.e build stands,youth acedemies and swimming pools,all fantasists do that talk,he gets in for minimal money then the msg are out and he starts stripping the club for all it’s worth.....then dissolves again 

0E2CE956-E394-48D1-8787-F696F2C4F316.png

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd speak to stuart donald rather than s bunch of sunderland fans. Hes a pretty open owner and im sure he'd let people know whether they had any serious issues with his consortium. 

A lot i can get my head round it would cost less for to get us to Premiership and if the idea of buying and selling on players for a more lucrative price  take dembele for starts who Park found 450k and sold for 22m but you need to get the club  to that platform to see them play.