The Falkirk FC Thread

I understand that all the various fan groups have been meeting and talking for some time. The problem is that unless some of the MSG agree to sell them enough shares to create a veto the they're largely powerless. And the very last thing any fan organisation should be doing is providing funding for a new owner. If he can't do that himself, he shouldn't be taking over the club. 
If there is an EGM, that would be an appropriate question to ask of the outgoing board / owners: what steps have you taken to safeguard the club should any new owner turn out to be the next Craig Whyte? 
Have the SFA's fit and proper test not been tightened since the whole whyte shenanigans? Surely between due diligence and the SFA checks if the guy is a fraudster he would be found out.

13 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Got to love a new poster claiming to know everything about Mark Campbell. I wonder who Frank/Dylan is?  

MSG Member 1/2

Morton fan  7/4

Monkey tennis 7/1

Btb member 100/1

I've been googling Alan Gow to see if he's on a coach on the Dutch/German border and found proof that he's spliffed off his box, so I'd go for evens on him.

https://twitter.com/alangowfacts?lang=en

Already posted pics on here,we will see what the outcome is then you can get back to me [emoji106] just another Craig Whyte looking to use Falkirk football club 
We will indeed see what the outcome is, eventually.

The screen shots you have posted don't sway me either way. What relevance is it if the likes a train ride now and again?

Afternoon folks, Englishman here, but I can assure you I come in peace. I gather a certain Mark Campbell has been given perfered bidder status by those currently in control of your club. My intention was to post a few words of caution regarding the character and business practices of this man but it appears you have the measure of him already. Regardless, if I may add a few more words,  when he was sniffing around Sunderland a group of supporters became increasingly suspicious about his true intentions and hired someone to delve a bit deeper into his background. Suffice to say the results made for grim reading. To say he's a character you wouldn't want anywhere near your club is an understatement. 

It's not all bad news though. Fortunately there are safeguards in place for situations exactly like this. If your curent owners do their due diligence to even a mediocre standard he won't get anywhere near ownership. 

Best of luck. 

Already posted pics on here,we will see what the outcome is then you can get back to me [emoji106] just another Craig Whyte looking to use Falkirk football club 
We will indeed see what the outcome is, eventually.

The screen shots you have posted don't sway me either way. What relevance is it if the likes a train ride now and again?

13 minutes ago, Toronto Black Cat said:

Afternoon folks, Englishman here, but I can assure you I come in peace. I gather a certain Mark Campbell has been given perfered bidder status by those currently in control of your club. My intention was to post a few words of caution regarding the character and business practices of this man but it appears you have the measure of him already. Regardless, if I may add a few more words,  when he was sniffing around Sunderland a group of supporters became increasingly suspicious about his true intentions and hired someone to delve a bit deeper into his background. Suffice to say the results made for grim reading. To say he's a character you wouldn't want anywhere near your club is an understatement. 

It's not all bad news though. Fortunately there are safeguards in place for situations exactly like this. If your curent owners do their due diligence to even a mediocre standard he won't get anywhere near ownership. 

Best of luck. 

Another first time poster with spelling difficulties and zero evidence of malfeasance that he's willing to share. How odd.

Edited by welshbairn

Best of luck. 

Would you care to share these results?

Best of luck. 

As stated... please share these results.
Thanks for the warning
Admins.... IP location?

I’m guessing John Park must have been seriously duped for some time now having had opportunities to go to Sunderland and Celtic.,,.

Also, has anyone done any equivalent due diligence on Alan Gow, who apparently has made significant wealth in a short space of time?

Fact is, lots of speculation on here with nothing to back up anything....

Your average Joe might not be able to publish certified accounts of what dirt was allegedly uncovered on Mr Campbell, but equally, anecdotal tales such as this shouldn’t be dismissed out of hand.

No, there’s nothing compelling in what has been written, but that doesn’t mean it’s without a grain of truth.

Not for one minute do I think the Falkirk support are collectively going to laud this chap in the way the Rangers faithful swooned at the arrival of Charles Green. There’s lots of past evidence of non supporters buying into football clubs and screwing the pooch after having promised the Earth.

There’s far fewer tales of such individuals arriving, and delivering wonderful things before riding off into the sunset with the applause of the locals ringing in their ears.

These days, I don’t feel inclined to be in a 50-50 place in all of this. My starting point is 10% hope, 90% sceptical. That feels about right.

58 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:
2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:
I understand that all the various fan groups have been meeting and talking for some time. The problem is that unless some of the MSG agree to sell them enough shares to create a veto the they're largely powerless. And the very last thing any fan organisation should be doing is providing funding for a new owner. If he can't do that himself, he shouldn't be taking over the club. 
If there is an EGM, that would be an appropriate question to ask of the outgoing board / owners: what steps have you taken to safeguard the club should any new owner turn out to be the next Craig Whyte? 

Have the SFA's fit and proper test not been tightened since the whole whyte shenanigans? Surely between due diligence and the SFA checks if the guy is a fraudster he would be found out.

I've no idea; it's not the sort of thing I've ever been involved in. One of the QOS posters that used to frequent this thread seemed to have a good knowledge of SFA rules and regs. If he's still around he might be able to answer.

I guess this guy has to have some serious cash if he is going to be buying the club. The current MSG aren’t going to shift if they don’t get the cash... also I doubt John Park who could easily have gone back to Celtic would be on board with this guy if he’s unlikely to get paid. Finally, this guy is just the face of the backers, who knows what lurks beneath.

I remain on the fence about the guy. Although he’s answering peoples questions on twitter, I find that a bit strange, I doubt any successful business man has that sort of time to reply to that many messages.

Hope the BTB boys can supply some answers on Monday and I hope they can get us a share in the club..

13 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Your average Joe might not be able to publish certified accounts of what dirt was allegedly uncovered on Mr Campbell, but equally, anecdotal tales such as this shouldn’t be dismissed out of hand.

No, there’s nothing compelling in what has been written, but that doesn’t mean it’s without a grain of truth.

There's no smoke without fire from "Bexley is Bonkers"?

I guess this guy has to have some serious cash if he is going to be buying the club. The current MSG aren’t going to shift if they don’t get the cash... also I doubt John Park who could easily have gone back to Celtic would be on board with this guy if he’s unlikely to get paid. Finally, this guy is just the face of the backers, who knows what lurks beneath.

I remain on the fence about the guy. Although he’s answering peoples questions on twitter, I find that a bit strange, I doubt any successful business man has that sort of time to reply to that many messages.

Hope the BTB boys can supply some answers on Monday and I hope they can get us a share in the club..

We have 38% of the club just now.

Every single question posted there is valid with the "where is the money coming from" question being the most pertinent.

We need to see how things pan out but I have a horrible feeling about this. The current owners have no incentive to do appropriate due diligence if they get their cash for shares, if the club tanks after that it's no skin off their nose.

At best, this guy seems and looks like an absolute oddball. 

People can post "EdiBairn lol" all they want but the future of the club is at stake and it could very well be falling into the sole control of a conman or asset stripper. Serious questions must be asked by everyone involved in the process or we'll potentially be setting up a phoenix club in 2 years time. 

The more I think about this, the more it terrifies me.

6 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Every single question posted there is valid with the "where is the money coming from" question being the most pertinent.

We need to see how things pan out but I have a horrible feeling about this. The current owners have no incentive to do appropriate due diligence if they get their cash for shares, if the club tanks after that it's no skin off their nose.

At best, this guy seems and looks like an absolute oddball. 

People can post "EdiBairn lol" all they want but the future of the club is at stake and it could very well be falling into the sole control of a conman or asset stripper. Serious questions must be asked by everyone involved in the process or we'll potentially be setting up a phoenix club in 2 years time. 

The more I think about this, the more it terrifies me.

Absolutely this.