The Falkirk FC Thread

Falkirk fans getting uppity regarding some fans saying this doesn't look great? 

It's like last pre season all over again! 

The guys at least done his homework, throw in a couple of lines regarding the academy, challenging for Europe and being back where you belong and bam. 

Dead-Mans-Shoes-480x281.jpg.07d4ee1494d001cd607983f55c2064a7.jpg

46 minutes ago, DylanBairn said:

They're literally neighbouring countries. Since you all seem to be sharing my location with the forum the plan is to be in Eindhoven on Sunday then Düsseldorf on Monday for a few days. 

I plan to ban you tonight and have a kebab tomorrow,is that ok?

I was told on the first day after relegation that the demos had convinced the majority to sell up, hence partly why I was always convinced that today would happen.
Re purchasing of shares, how does it work?
There's a long-held suspicion that the delay was down to money-grabbing and a desire from the MSG to get the very best they could for themselves. I've always had my doubts about this theory, given that many of them aren't exactly short of  few pennies.
Do ordinary shareholders have to get the same price offer per share as the MSG? If so then we'll be able to confirm - or lay to rest - that suspicion once and for all after the offers are made.

It is my understanding he will have to offer all shareholders the same.

In fairness given the state we're in (unable to full the bench etc) that is totally understandable. Coupled with the fact, on the face of i,t we'll be getting rid of the MSG  the celebrations are to to be expected. I'm just urging caution after being given information that it's not all it seems.
Also why are we all of a sudden taking a statement from the MSG at face value? They've shown themselves to be liars in the past. 
People don't like their parade getting pissed on but the abuse has been over the top. 
Well share the information you've been given and help us make our mind up. You could even post it in French, German or Dutch. I'm sure we can get the jist of it using a translation service. Enigma could even do it for us using Google.

1 hour ago, DylanBairn said:

They're literally neighbouring countries. Since you all seem to be sharing my location with the forum the plan is to be in Eindhoven on Sunday then Düsseldorf on Monday for a few days. 

Coach trip? Hope the tulips are out, lovely.

32 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Is this not the same situation as Dave King at Rangers where he was forced to buy out the minority shareholders?

He pretended though that he and the other guys that bought the club werent doing it as one and therefor he didnt need yo dk that. Of course that was blown out the water via emails produced in court and he was then forced to offer to buy the rest of the shares.

1 hour ago, DylanBairn said:

Scheiß auf Sheps

48 minutes ago, strichener said:

Remember a club that used to exist called Rangers?  See any similarities here, fans not questioning motives, some guy trying to buy multiple different clubs, no indication of where their wealth comes from or even exists.  If the DR produce an article the morn about "Wealth of the radar" you will know exactly where Falkirk are heading.  Just as it was your right and duty to question the existing board and shareholders, so you should be for anyone coming into the club.

Whose not like? The guy has put forward s proposal so far which has been given preferred bidder status. Thats it so far. Noone is thinking apart from s couple of zoomers that this is a lottery win or something. Due dilligence has still to be carried out ftom both sides and the btb guys are meeting him on monday. Until thats all done im not going to call him a saviour or a disaster waiting to happen. Timd will tell but its very early days. The majority of falkirk fans have a similar view so i dont know where your getting this rangers comparison from. 

37 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Falkirk fans getting uppity regarding some fans saying this doesn't look great? 

It's like last pre season all over again! 

The guys at least done his homework, throw in a couple of lines regarding the academy, challenging for Europe and being back where you belong and bam. 

Dead-Mans-Shoes-480x281.jpg.07d4ee1494d001cd607983f55c2064a7.jpg

Getting uppity as the people saying it seem unable to produce any hard evidence. I'll.be keeping my feet on the ground till the likes of the btb guys have met this boy and see what they say.

I guess I should fess up to going for my ST a couple of hours ago. The trigger was the message that those who have chosen to insult and offend the support are on the way out.

That they chose one final insult predicated on their belief that people who aren’t demonstrably as wealthy as them are stupid and therefore incapable of running a football club has stuck with them to the end.

They still have my thanks for stepping up to the plate a couple of decades ago. They have my contempt for the manner in which they chose to treat the Falkirk supporting public in the last couple of years.

I can accept having a lousy football team from time to time. I can’t accept these people repeatedly making ridiculous statements pointing out how awful they believe us to be.

Make no mistake, the veiled swipe at the BtB proposal was one last kick at their own “customers”.

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Is this not the same situation as Dave King at Rangers where he was forced to buy out the minority shareholders?

Rangers were a PLC, Falkirk are private so there is no requirement to extend an offer for the remaining shares.

I guess I should fess up to going for my ST a couple of hours ago. The trigger was the message that those who have chosen to insult and offend the support are on the way out.
That they chose one final insult predicated on their belief that people who aren’t demonstrably as wealthy as them are stupid and therefore incapable of running a football club has stuck with them to the end.
They still have my thanks for stepping up to the plate a couple of decades ago. They have my contempt for the manner in which they chose to treat the Falkirk supporting public in the last couple of years.
I can accept having a lousy football team from time to time. I can’t accept these people repeatedly making ridiculous statements pointing out how awful they believe us to be.
Make no mistake, the veiled swipe at the BtB proposal was one last kick at their own “customers”.

I know a few people who are renewing their season tickets now.
I'm keeping my feet on the ground for the time being... the speeches so far are sounding good, but we have to wait and see if it all unfolds into something positively done for the benefit of the club.
I think most of us are not daft enough to think these people are doing it for the love of our club... but they see it as an investment.
If they run the place properly, be honest with us, do not publicly slate the support then we can all benefit.
We have heard from our previous CEO saying his door was always open for communication... which didnt turn out that way really.
I just dont want any false promises... no speeches that just keep us feeling good for a wee bit.
We will always back our club 100% as has been shown in the past if they are open and honest with us.

It is my understanding he will have to offer all shareholders the same.

Rangers were a PLC, Falkirk are private so there is no requirement to extend an offer for the remaining shares.

Speaking to one of our old treasures he believes it is the latter. Each shareholder can agree an individual price.

ETA - actually that’s shite. They have to agree the same price but doesn’t have to the offered to everyone.

I know a few people who are renewing their season tickets now.
I'm keeping my feet on the ground for the time being... the speeches so far are sounding good, but we have to wait and see if it all unfolds into something positively done for the benefit of the club.
I think most of us are not daft enough to think these people are doing it for the love of our club... but they see it as an investment.
If they run the place properly, be honest with us, do not publicly slate the support then we can all benefit.
We have heard from our previous CEO saying his door was always open for communication... which didnt turn out that way really.
I just dont want any false promises... no speeches that just keep us feeling good for a wee bit.
We will always back our club 100% as has been shown in the past if they are open and honest with us.

Okay I have to admit I was wrong as I thought nobody with any sense who wasn’t a true fan would have bought out the MSG . I remain skeptical yet also excited at the possibility of a good spell as we move up through the leagues. Even if they are dodgy they will need us to be in the premiership to justify getting involved . Park has a great track record and we desperately needed change. The irony is that some of our best years on the pitch were when Fulston was in charge
.!
If they are approved by Kenny and David then I’m on board 3 shiny new season tickets and a donation to the 50/50 draw with the cash I’ve held back . I really hope I was wrong when I said nobody with any sense would buy !

Good luck, any overseas investment in Scottish football can be good for all, but...

Looking at the head of the takeover, it looks like he simply represents an investment group, likely funded from Asia. As long as the Asian economies stay strong, that’s fine, but I worry where the priority will be when the economies stumble. Best of luck to Falkirk in this matter, hope it works to help us all.