The Falkirk FC Thread

Big money takeover and another Edi hounding. What a day. What a club. What a box office life we lead.

The fans, be it survey participant, BtB founder, EGM caller or just a keyboard warrior with his/her season ticket money still in their hip, can take a bow as far as I am concerned.

The question is can I buy our season tickets now with a clear conscience?

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Well he’s not a massive Falkirk fan buying the club out of the goodness of his heart is he? That for me would sound an alarm bell in itself.

I’m fairly sure if the Mark Campbell who is probably becoming your new chairman is the guy your club’s twitter account has retweeted then he is the guy who had the minicab business etc. I’m sure somebody with more time/more of an interest could do some real digging.

Having read his tweets and have admittedly, as you say, only had a “play on google” I would be concerned about the guys background if I was a Falkirk fan. Anyway, it seems like most of your fans are just seeing dollar signs at the moment, so bash on.

You seem more interested in this boy than any falkirk fan.  If raith were currently in thd midst of a takeover i couldnt give a feck to be honest and certainly wouldnt be wasting my time scouring the internet for dirt on the new owners ffs.

I think most of us have a concern going forward and lets be honest here the MSG were never going to do whats in the interests of the club only their own pockets

Admittedly if you do any searches on google and the companies he is involved with in companies house they have either all been set up in the last year or so and only a couple with accounts filed but if you were to go by the media is putting out the money is coming from the far east.

End of the day am pretty sure the guys involved at BtB who are speaking to him on Monday or whoever he is speaking to or meeting on Monday at the club will find out if he is genuine or not lets face it the proof in the pudding will be where things go from here on in just a case of having btB on standby should it go pear shaped.

Wait, did I imagine it, or did I see someone a few pages back about challenging for the Europa League spots in a few years?  Can;t find the post.

9 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Anyway, it seems like most of your fans are just seeing dollar signs at the moment, so bash on.

In fairness given the state we're in (unable to full the bench etc) that is totally understandable. Coupled with the fact, on the face of i,t we'll be getting rid of the MSG  the celebrations are to to be expected. I'm just urging caution after being given information that it's not all it seems.

Also why are we all of a sudden taking a statement from the MSG at face value? They've shown themselves to be liars in the past. 

People don't like their parade getting pissed on but the abuse has been over the top. 

Keeping my feet firmly on the ground, if the guy has the money as promised and brings the academy back then happy days.
If not then at least the board have showed they are prepared to sell which is a positive.
Fingers crossed this guy comes good. Would imagine if he was just a con man it wouldn't have got this far even with our board / msg as most of them have proven track records in various businesses and should of done some checks to prove he is credible before making a club announcement.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Wait, did I imagine it, or did I see someone a few pages back about challenging for the Europa League spots in a few years?  Can;t find the post.

3 hours ago, GMBairn said:

All things considered this could be good for the club if it goes through and their intentions are as stated.

Let's be honest if we end up with a good academy, back in the premier League and challenging for Europa League qualifiers, this guy creaming some money off player sales or any European or cup cash will be a price worth paying if we are healthy and established in the premier League.

I'd still like to see btb involved and it would give him a lot of credit with the fans if he sold off some of his shares to us right after buying them to put £800k plus towards all the grand plans they have outlined. It's unlikely but it would be nice.

1 minute ago, Sanity check needed. said:

Keeping my feet firmly on the ground, if the guy has the money as promised and brings the academy back then happy days.
If not then at least the board have showed they are prepared to sell which is a positive.
Fingers crossed this guy comes good. Would imagine if he was just a con man it wouldn't have got this far even with our board / msg as most of them have proven track records in various businesses and should of done some checks to prove he is credible before making a club announcement.

As long as we are either a. back in the championship or b. back in the premiership when it goes tits up we should have a better chance of finding a new owner

You seem more interested in this boy than any falkirk fan.  If raith were currently in thd midst of a takeover i couldnt give a feck to be honest and certainly wouldnt be wasting my time scouring the internet for dirt on the new owners ffs.

Christ, you’d be forgiven for thinking that this wasn’t some sort of multi team forum where fans of all clubs are free to post what they like, and where. I can only apologise for taking such an unusual interest in the new owner of a club with which we might, just might, be involved in a bit of a title race with.

My word, to put 7 figure investment into perspective, Ross County get that every season and end up getting relegated, or sometimes finish 9th,

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

You didn't imagine it, that was me. I didn't necessarily mean we would be there in a couple of years, what I was getting at was if that is where we end up and the guy starts to recoup his investment through taking percentages of player sales or competition money then that would be pretty good as long as we were well run, had good finances and were stable in the premiership.

That could easily take a decade or longer, especially to start growing a large pool of academy talent that are sell-able assets again.

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Remember a club that used to exist called Rangers?  See any similarities here, fans not questioning motives, some guy trying to buy multiple different clubs, no indication of where their wealth comes from or even exists.  If the DR produce an article the morn about "Wealth off the radar" you will know exactly where Falkirk are heading.  Just as it was your right and duty to question the existing board and shareholders, so you should be for anyone coming into the club.

Edited by strichener

1 minute ago, strichener said:

Remember a club that used to exist called Rangers?  See any similarities here, fans not questioning motives, some guy trying to buy multiple different clubs, no indication of where their wealth comes from or even exists.  If the DR produce an article the morn about "Wealth of the radar" you will know exactly where Falkirk are heading.  Just as it was your right and duty to question the existing board and shareholders, so you should be for anyone coming into the club.

Given whats happened in the past season or 2 i think we could be forgiven for having a bit of luck albeit cautiously in our favour, we've been branded rascist etc by our current board only to receive a half arsed apology for the way it was handled not to mention the numerous other f**k ups they have presided over.

As long as he is better than the following:  Craig Whyte, anyone thats previously owned Dundee, Livi, Motherwell, Clydebank, Airdrie, Hearts, Bolton, Aston Villa, The Deans family, George Fulston and a good few other clubs to add to that.

11 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Christ, you’d be forgiven for thinking that this wasn’t some sort of multi team forum where fans of all clubs are free to post what they like, and where. I can only apologise for taking such an unusual interest in the new owner of a club with which we might, just might, be involved in a bit of a title race with.

Knock your pan in but i wouldve thought you could spend your time doing something a bit mote interesting for a raith fan.

The vast majority of us have our feet firmly on the ground regarding this and will await how things pan out. Very few on here or elsewhere treating this like a lottery win.

Edited by Shodwall cat

35 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I was told on the first day after relegation that the demos had convinced the majority to sell up, hence partly why I was always convinced that today would happen.

Re purchasing of shares, how does it work?

There's a long-held suspicion that the delay was down to money-grabbing and a desire from the MSG to get the very best they could for themselves. I've always had my doubts about this theory, given that many of them aren't exactly short of  few pennies.

Do ordinary shareholders have to get the same price offer per share as the MSG? If so then we'll be able to confirm - or lay to rest - that suspicion once and for all after the offers are made.

Is this not the same situation as Dave King at Rangers where he was forced to buy out the minority shareholders?

4G is under maintenance on Mull so I've had to find a restaurant with Wi-Fi, order a three course meal and coffee to be able to catch up on this thread. The nearest pub with Wi-Fi is a 30min drive from here. Can we stop wasting my time by engaging with edibairn please lads!