The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, GaryDoug said:

Academy coming back is great, if it happens. Not so sure about the guy who scouts the players signing them, a bit too close to last seasons clusterfuck/circle jerk shenanigans.

This guy has picked up players that have amounted to 50 million+ for Celtic, cant even be compared to Mitch from last year.

Who is this Mark Campbell then? How has he made his money? He’s presumably a figure head for some money coming from a Far East based consortium is he? Sounds very shady to me indeed.

1 minute ago, FalkirkLad said:

This guy has picked up players that have amounted to 50 million+ for Celtic, cant even be compared to Mitch from last year.

The point was that he scouts players, someone else then watches them and makes the final decision. If the decision was his, would he have made the same ones?

He'll be handing over a list with a fair few names on it, other people then make the final calls. Should never be one guy doing both.

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Who is this Mark Campbell then? How has he made his money? He’s presumably a figure head for some money coming from a Far East based consortium is he? Sounds very shady to me indeed.

Again, with the trying so hard. Keep going, you're like our wee plaything when you drop in and out the thread every so often and try to stir things. 

Just now, GaryDoug said:

The point was that he scouts players, someone else then watches them and makes the final decision. If the decision was his, would he have made the same ones?

He'll be handing over a list with a fair few names on it, other people then make the final calls. Should never be one guy doing both.

We'll he's been given full credit in recruitment of Wanyama, VVD, Ki and Dembele to name a few. He also does consultancy work for champions league level clubs so I'm fairly happy to trust his judgement in all things transfer wise.

Just now, FalkirkLad said:

We'll he's been given full credit in recruitment of Wanyama, VVD, Ki and Dembele to name a few. He also does consultancy work for champions league level clubs so I'm fairly happy to trust his judgement in all things transfer wise.

If you think he's handed over a list of players and Celtic just went "Ok, let's sign them" then fine, I don't. Theres a lot of work goes on after he hand in a list. I'm pointing out that they may be 4 out of hundreds that he's recommended and it's mental to let the same guy scout and sign players.

Very pleased with this but would like to know what % holding he’s buying.

Seem to recall that there is a point where you need to offer to buy all the shares.

As mentioned, it would be great if the fans and msg continued with a minority stake which would mean more of his investment would be available for investment in the team and infrastructure.

Regarding the Btb bid, this will not be a wasted effort as, if this all goes ‘tits up’, either now or further down the line, we know that we can raise £800k from the fans to get us back on track.

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Very pleased with this but would like to know what % holding he’s buying.

Seem to recall that there is a point where you need to offer to buy all the shares.

As mentioned, it would be great if the fans and msg continued with a minority stake which would mean more of his investment would be available for investment in the team and infrastructure.

Regarding the Btb bid, this will not be a wasted effort as, if this all goes ‘tits up’, either now or further down the line, we know that we can raise £800k from the fans to get us back on track.

Why would you still want the MSG involved in any way whatsoever?

Think his bid with Sunderland went pete tong because he wanted full control SD didnt want that he wanted to retain a bit of control.  As for the John Park, Celtic were trying to lure him back apparently to keep him away from Sunderland so if he is going to be involved with us and and Celtic wanted him back this Mark Campbell must have some clout behind him in regards to finances and the way ahead.

reinventing the wheel again with the Academy mind you but with the damaged done with the closure of the last one the club have a lot of trust to gain in that regards. or thats my opinion.

15 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Why would you still want the MSG involved in any way whatsoever?

The toilets at the Stadium are going to need overhauled at some stage and LM could deal with that 

Edited by AL-FFC

12 minutes ago, GaryDoug said:

If you think he's handed over a list of players and Celtic just went "Ok, let's sign them" then fine, I don't. Theres a lot of work goes on after he hand in a list. I'm pointing out that they may be 4 out of hundreds that he's recommended and it's mental to let the same guy scout and sign players.

All about opinions I guess mate, just personally don't think its that mental letting someone who's had a big hand in some of the biggest transfers in Scotland in recent years sign players for a league 1 club.

Again, with the trying so hard. Keep going, you're like our wee plaything when you drop in and out the thread every so often and try to stir things. 

Nice to feel appreciated. Anyway, I’ve had a wee play with google. Seems like this Mark Campbell been a director of a mini cab company and not too much more, if he is the guy on Twitter. Hardly the profile of some multi-millionaire high flyer is it?

IMG_1927.jpg

IMG_1921.jpg

IMG_1928.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1922.jpg

All I can find about the taxi company was it was involved in a dodgy planning application of some sort.

IMG_1929.jpgIMG_1921.jpg

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

So would I and I find it slightly disconcerting that Dylan only joined this forum yesterday so either it's someone bitter about the fans bid losing out, which is understandable, or it's someone who knows more about Campbell and got word that it was him who was in pole position and joined about it. Either way it's pretty piss poor to come on and hint without saying more. Say it all or say nothing, why wouldn't we be excited - whilst at the same time disappointed for David and Kenny- about what, certainly on paper, looks like a fairly decent answer to our issues. 

I was told that there was absolutely no chance that the BTB proposal would be accepted  regardless of what they could offer and they were only given the time of day to stop complete mutiny in the stands. You can bet your arse I'm fucking furious as we all should be. Maybe put the celebration and back slapping on hold 'till all the details have been ironed out. 

Wonder if the accounts will show an unprecedented increase in the number of pay at gate cash sales in the future? 

Edited by DylanBairn

personally i would have been happy if either of the bids were successful but i sincerely hope after all the dust has settled the BTB guys proposal can be integrated into the club as that would benefit both parties for the good of the club, i also hope with a clean slate the club can also begin to rebuild the bridges with the fans and the way the academy was closed as that is where our future stars will come from..............interesting times ahead 

18 minutes ago, DylanBairn said:

I was told that there was absolutely no chance that the BTB proposal would be accepted  regardless of what they could offer and they were only given the time of day to stop complete mutiny in the stands. You can bet your arse I'm fucking furious as we all should be. Maybe put the celebration and back slapping on hold 'till all the details have been ironed out. 

Wonder if the accounts will show an unprecedented increase in the number of pay at gate cash sales in the future? 

Are you too stupid to realise that putting bairn at the end of every alias makes it too fucking obvious?