The Falkirk FC Thread

On a totally unrelated note I've been googling 'bung' and 'money laundering'. 

Wonder if this new owner will have to pass a ‘fit and proper’ person test. We’re we not supposed to have them after Craig Whyte?

16 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Wonder what this means for McKinnon. He’s got a bit of an ‘old pals act’ recruitment policy. Wonder if he want to work with Park, or probably more importantly, Park wants to work with him?

I would've thought with Parks record Mckinnon  would be pretty excited about working with him.  I would think they would be content to see how Mckinnon goes this season as its pretty late in the day for change.

1 minute ago, falkirkzombie said:

FFS he's interacting wi that metal falkirkbrains fc twitter page noo

added with folk already trying to baffle with with witting local dialect to prove their scottishness. 

Looks like hes in Falkirk on Monday and looking to meet up with folk..is this legit? He'll regret that when gets dragged down Grahams road on a pub crawl..

added with folk already trying to baffle with with witting local dialect to prove their scottishness. 
Looks like hes in Falkirk on Monday and looking to meet up with folk..is this legit? He'll regret that when gets dragged down Grahams road on a pub crawl..
Hopefully he likes the Falkirk pub scene that much he signs Tommy Robbo back to be his wingman

Would've preferred the fan's bid, especially if money from fans could've been ongoing till the whole club was fan run and fans keeping money coming in. It'd have also had the safeguard of a constitution and a minimum 25% fan's block of shares to enforce the constitution. Would've been by far the best long term result for the club. However without knowing anyone on the preferred bidders bid, I hope they do what they say and things go well, can only wait and see #COYB

17 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Wonder if this new owner will have to pass a ‘fit and proper’ person test. We’re we not supposed to have them after Craig Whyte?

It's an absolute disgrace that the BTB bid has been palmed off for personal reasons rather than professional. What worries me more is we seem to be accepting it and celebrating. I hope this bid crumbles at the last minute for the sake of our club. 

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, DylanBairn said:

It's an absolute disgrace that the BTB bid has been palmed off for personal reasons rather than professional. What worries me more is we seem to be accepting it and celebrating. I hope this bid crumbles at the last minute for the sake of our club. 

Are you going to elaborate on why the fans shouldn't be accepting it? 

Instead of hinting at less than scrupulous intentions being behind the Campbell bid, why don't you state your concerns? I'm not having a go, I'm genuinely curious to know what the possible issues are. 

read a few people saying stuff like this but then not replying when asked for more info. As the majority of fans wont really have a clue who these people are personally or previous business dealings then what is there to be scared of? genuine question as I get that the fans bid should play a part but what is that bad about the bid being accepted?

Yeah I would have thought the Falkirk fans would almost unanimously been happier if this bid had included a percentage of fan ownership or at least some fan representation on the board. Would have ensured transparency going forwards and help safeguard the long term future a bit.

From a Raith point of view this is a disaster really. If we weren’t going to challenge before I doubt we’ll be even close to being able to compete now. Looks like you’ve got owners now who’ll be more than happy to buy this league for you and chuck in some more money for those extra bodies you desperately need.