The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, falkirkzombie said:
1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

I know business sense and can evaluate risk reward and believe me there is no reward worth the risk of investing in Falkirk. Unless you are a true supporter there is absolutely no financial benefit full stop. As I’ve said there is no rational reason why they would invest here. India is one of the most corrupt countries in the world yet it’s full of investment opportunities including within the footballing world. I’ll hope for the best and yet I fear the worst. I know at least three people who know the two people you know who’ve forgotten the three people who know the truth but they’re all keeping things confidential . Of Course I don’t know the two people who you know who allegedly know the truth so using your logic maybe they’re real !

The bid isnt from Indian investors, its from Gow himself.

So, Gowser did very well then after he left us, investing his pennies wisely (a rare thing for a professional footballer). Or did he win the lottery?

So, Gowser did very well then after he left us, investing his pennies wisely (a rare thing for a professional footballer). Or did he win the lottery?
Someone posted a while back that he did in fact invest well while earning decent money at Rangers and then later on in India.

Let's stop and consider that there might actually be more to this than meets the eye before we shoot anything down in flames.

I'm inclined to take Alan Gow more seriously then the clown that posted this on LinkedIn about himself:

Experienced Director with a demonstrated history of working in the commercial real estate industry. Skilled in Negotiation, Lettings, Business Planning, Operations Management, and Sales Management. Strong professional graduated from Grangemouth High School.

If he is as slow at business as he was on the park then god help us . Maybe he got a tip from Ian McCall for the cuddles and got lucky. I’m afraid the sharp at businesses to accrue a few million and deciding to buy a league 1 football club doesn’t quite wash .

3 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

I’m afraid the sharp at businesses to accrue a few million and deciding to buy a league 1 football club doesn’t quite wash .

Bingo

Nobody outside the very 1 off Fergus McCann will make money from Scottish football.

Even then that was an opportunity for anyone with a few Bob and not exactly reinventing the wheel

Anyone who sees us a chance to make money is in for a shock. 

Anyone investing in Scottish football as a means to make money is never the sharpest tool in the shed.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I generally agree, but the point is that none of us are entirely clear on what exactly was said.  It came in the context of the worst result in the worst season you've had.  Tempers were high I'd imagine, and staff and their loved ones were probably feeling embarrassed, embattled and defensive.

I don't think it's impossible to see why this case went further. Again though, I'm not saying this in a spirit of wishing to crucify the fan involved.  I'm doing so in a spirit of criticising the collective aspect of the allegation that ensued from your board and media.

It went further simply because Ciaran Dunne's faither is a complete arsehole.  Surely first of all you would speak to the alleged person who made the comment and clarify what was said to start with.  If it was of a racist nature you would tell him that its unacceptable and then  inform a steward. You would then decide on whether or not the police should be involved. I for one don't see the need to inform Lewis about it at all if he never heard it . The police should then be able to do their job.  The police would if necessary contact the club and the club would release a statement regarding an alleged racial incident being reported and ask for witnesses. No other comments or statements were required till the police investigation was completed. Instead Dunnes faither tells lewis a load of complete tosh. He immediately then makes the mistake of putting out statements as if he had actually heard said alleged abuse when that was never the case.  Lewis should've stated that he had been informed  that he had allegedly been racially abused from the stand. He hadnt heard it himself and that the matter was being investigated by the police. He would make no more comment till these investigations had been completed.  Our bod then jump on the bandwagon with their ludicrous statement and we have a poor lad villified for months for hee feckin haw.

We really are going over old ground here, but if someone honestly believed they heard something racist being said then I've no problem with them reporting it, in fact, good one them and it should be encouraged. 

In my opinion the entire issue is over the club's handling of the situation from the start and that utterly disgraceful statement in which they played police, judge, jury and executioner rolled into one, and tacked on a bit at the end about personal abuse (Campbell the poor wee soul).

If they had released a simply worded statement then waited for the facts to be ascertained, as they should have, we wouldn't have had all this anger and months of vitriol and the name of the Falkirk fans being dragged through the mud. FAO of the morons who wrote the statement, one of whom is still on the board for the time being, here's what you write in future:

Falkirk FC has been made aware of an allegation of unacceptable conduct emanating from the Falkirk section of the stadium at the XXX match. Falkirk FC will fully co-operate with the necessary and relevant authorities in investigating this matter and a further statement will be issued once all investigations, internal and external, are complete. The club will make no further comment at this time.

3 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Surely no? we also finished 2nd the season after the killie  play off.  Perhaps he's thinking of the Dundee utd 2nd leg when we were a goal up at half time and looking fairly comfortable until it all slipped away and we invited them back into the game? Houston was a good manager but like every one says his recruitment was a bit suspect. He was coming to the end of his working life and was bad for always taking the most convenient option when searching for players

It wasnt suspect it was bloody awful.  Signing Alex Harris was a sackable offence on its own ffs.

34 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Bingo

Nobody outside the very 1 off Fergus McCann will make money from Scottish football.

Even then that was an opportunity for anyone with a few Bob and not exactly reinventing the wheel

Anyone who sees us a chance to make money is in for a shock. 

Anyone investing in Scottish football as a means to make money is never the sharpest tool in the shed.

that why the BtB is without a doubt the best way forward,

every signed up Patron and monthly contributor will see their investment as a donation and won't expect a return on their money.

Has anyone explained to these bids that we no longer have an academy? I would've thought that when we had it we would've been a lot more  attractive proposition.  A club skilled in the ways of bringing through young players and making decent bits of cash from them. Someone with a decent bit of business acumen would have realised that the mob we have in charge had made a right royal cant of things over the past ten years with players being sold far too early and for less money than they possibly should've at that point.  When you look at the cash teams like Hamilton brought in by ensuring they had no need to sell till it suited them  and making sure players contracts didnt run down someone outside could probably have seen an opportunity to make something of the club. Unfortunately the current numpties have fecked that up good and proper.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Club in 3rd Division worth X

Club in top Division worth X + Y

If Y > the amount needed to get the Club up two divisions, then it's an investment opportunity.

Edited by NewBornBairn

Our recruitment and results since sacking Houston have been absolutely fucking abysmal. However that doesn’t change the fact that sacking him was the absolute correct decision at the time. We would’ve went down that season if we didn’t. Mind in one of his last games for us we were away to that absolutely minging Brechin team and we were lucky to get a point.

He had a good run with us but ultimately bottled it in the big moments. His recruitment was relatively poor as well.

I think we have to look at things in a few ways we know the BtB one has the teams at heart in intentions, the Mark campbell one was to turn us into a Sunderland feeder club but since it seems to have fell through down south what the intention now is who knows and with the Indian one we know Gowser was involved in it and if that gets in Gowser is Director of football.

If anyone of them go ahead they wouldnt want to own the club without having a plan in place of making money out of the club as mentioned outwith the ugly sisters its slim pickings in profit in Scottish Football.

one thing we do know is the status quo isnt accpetable and worst case scenario we end up stuck in league one with what we have currently at the helm.

34 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Nope.

Here's what Falkirk FC should have said.

No. You can't say nothing. Then if (when)  it leaks it would stink of a cover up. You say as little as possible to show it's being looked out, they didn't even have to mention racism.

4 minutes ago, Russ said:

Our recruitment and results since sacking Houston have been absolutely fucking abysmal. However that doesn’t change the fact that sacking him was the absolute correct decision at the time. We would’ve went down that season if we didn’t. Mind in one of his last games for us we were away to that absolutely minging Brechin team and we were lucky to get a point.

He had a good run with us but ultimately bottled it in the big moments. His recruitment was relatively poor as well.

Recruitment has been bang awful since Hughes's last season in charge. Been the odd gem but in the main they have been outnumbered by complete diddies. Main reason why we are where we are.

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2019/07/26/club-announcement-3/

The Board of Falkirk FC is entering detailed negotiations on future ownership that will result in an exciting and ambitious vision through a multi-million pound investment in the club and its facilities.

Mark Campbell, an English businessman with international interests in sport, real estate and coffee retailing is proposing an initial seven-figure cash injection in the Club under a plan to return Falkirk to the Scottish Premiership from its current place in Division One.

John Park, one of Scotland’s most respected football talent spotters, will become the Club’s Football Director. He will have funds to boost the current playing squad, if the negotiations can be concluded before the summer signing deadline. Further significant investment in player recruitment is planned on the club’s return to the Championship and its push for promotion to the Premiership.

John said: “I am looking forward to working with the football management team and revitalising the development of talented young players to come through the first team, as Falkirk has been well-recognised for in the past. Youth Development will be an essential part of the Club’s future.”

Mark Campbell is a low-key, but highly successful businessman with a lifetime interest in football.

Under his proposals, Mark is gearing his investment to return and retain the Club in the Scottish Premiership, invest in young football talent and to build new facilities at the Falkirk Stadium, including a youth academy. He is also proposing to support the Falkirk Foundation.

Mark said: “We still have to go through due diligence and detailed negotiations with the Club, but we are hopeful we can have everything in place by the end of August. I’ve been hugely impressed by what has been achieved at Falkirk. The Club has a large and loyal fan base and I want to work with these fans and the staff to make the Club everything that it should be. I am looking forward to engaging with fans, so that I can get to know them and they get to know me.

“I am interested in the long term sustainability of the Club which will have an exceptional football director In John Park, and working with the fans and the local community I want to make the Falkirk Stadium an exciting hub for sports and community.

“I have wanted to own a football club for some time. I’ve looked at a number in England and Scotland, but when I was introduced to Falkirk I saw huge potential and an opportunity to achieve something special on the field and to make more of the facilities to help sustain the business for the long term.”

His bid was one of three considered by the Board and major shareholders who together have recommended unanimously that he should be the preferred bidder, entering a period of due diligence and negotiation, with a view to completing the purchase of the Club by the end of August.

Two other bids were received, including a well-researched and well-presented fan ownership proposal which was detailed and impressive, but did not match the exceptional vision and the financial strength of the proposal the board is now considering in detail.

Edited by Ned Nederlander