The Falkirk FC Thread

Maybe it's  just me & this warm weather but not quite following your train of thought here Ron.......so for sake of clarification just reiterate your argument here against Ray
F me... I never argued anything against Ray.
Merely outlined a couple of issues I, maybe incorrectly, we'll see, reckon having such a small squad could cause us.
Something I blame the board for.

One or two others commented on a perceived negative style of play (I never did), and I think a couple of readers just got stuck in without looking too closely and conflated the posters.

Totally agree with that, I have the same worries. Given the heated  exchanges between Board/MSG and members of BTB group at the EGM, my fear is that there may well be a backlash from it that endangers the success of their bid. Hope I`m wrong.

IMO, and it is my opinion, I see nothing but the status quo.

If that is what happens we will be in a place where 90% of the fans want change (survey result) and they are being ignored by 12 people.

What will undoubtedly suffer as a result of that will be the club and the rancour of the last two years will intensify.

I saw the BTB presentation today and it is excellent. That is no surprise as Kenny and David have represented the supporters brilliantly in the last few months.

Kenny and Keith Gourlay’s contribution at the EGM showed everyone present that the talent amongst the support to drive this club forward completely overshadowed their out of touch counterparts on the BoD and MSG.

25 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

F me... I never argued anything against Ray.
Merely outlined a couple of issues I, maybe incorrectly, we'll see, reckon having such a small squad could cause us.
Something I blame the board for.

One or two others commented on a perceived negative style of play (I never did), and I think a couple of readers just got stuck in without looking too closely and conflated the posters.

I suggest we wait c. 8 league games and we will know more ie.

1. Is going with a more compact, high quality squad going to give us a good chance of automatic promotion ?

2. Will the squad be too small and injuries and suspensions have a major impact despite the quality ?

3. With his own squad and against lesser opposition, will Ray play a more expansive and attractive style of football ?

4. Will we live up to our pre-season billing us big, big title favourites ?

The next couple of months are going to be interesting and hopefully exciting.

I'd suggest waiting until the window closes before we go into full meltdown panic mode about the size of the squad.

Of course it's a shambles that we are where we are this close to the start of the season, but if we end up signing another left-back and get one or two free loans in towards the end of the window (which is normally when they become available as bigger clubs get an idea of their personnel, look at Rudden last season) then we're looking in very good shape. We're not far away.

Plenty time for things to change yet and while it's not ideal, we can cover our arse with trialists for the first few games. Could be what we're waiting on with Malcolm/Summers.

9 minutes ago, Nedelko said:

I'd suggest waiting until the window closes before we go into full meltdown panic mode about the size of the squad.

Of course it's a shambles that we are where we are this close to the start of the season, but if we end up signing another left-back and get one or two free loans in towards the end of the window (which is normally when they become available as bigger clubs get an idea of their personnel, look at Rudden last season) then we're looking in very good shape. We're not far away.

Plenty time for things to change yet and while it's not ideal, we can cover our arse with trialists for the first few games. Could be what we're waiting on with Malcolm/Summers.

Summers has signed for Queens Park mate.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

IMO, and it is my opinion, I see nothing but the status quo.

If that is what happens we will be in a place where 90% of the fans want change (survey result) and they are being ignored by 12 people.

What will undoubtedly suffer as a result of that will be the club and the rancour of the last two years will intensify.

I saw the BTB presentation today and it is excellent. That is no surprise as Kenny and David have represented the supporters brilliantly in the last few months.

Kenny and Keith Gourlay’s contribution at the EGM showed everyone present that the talent amongst the support to drive this club forward completely overshadowed their out of touch counterparts on the BoD and MSG.

If you`re right,  I really don`t see how they hope to take the Club forward. Among the many things that became apparent to all at the EGM was that we desperately need new blood & a forward thinking Board and that the fans will not abide the status quo.

You always see the bright side BPM.

Just trying to call it as I see it. The EGM proved what we all suspected - those three pull the strings.