The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

What cautious approach? Have you c***s actually been to any games this season? 

Some amount of pish tallked here.

We've clearly sat back and let the like of Stranraer, Berwick and Ayr attack us for the full 90 hoping for a lucky break.

8 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

Sure someone on here suggested this

Quite a few teams doing this Sunderland done it last season, Morton done it this season which is a fair one but polishing the turd that is Cappielow is  a hard ask for anyone. at Least `TFS is in decent nick minus the seagul sh*te.

The fact that 3 of our goals have come from headers from Dixon crosses is pretty devastating to your argument. 

Durnan got sent off for absolutely nothing so I’d like to know where your plucking the 6 match suspension from?

Anyone who’s seen him play knows Tidser is a level above where we are playing. 

We have enough to moan about from the boardroom without inventing more problems. 

Well I was at the first two matches and struggle to recall a functional cross at all. Which 3 goals have we scored from headers in competitive matches? One last night...

I'm not suggesting MD will have one single six match suspension, but 6 games over the season. That's 2 already, you want to bet he won't miss any more?

I gather the red card was a joke yes, but if so clear, why didn't we appeal it?

And I know fine well how good Tidser should be. But he was pretty anonymous in the first two matches.

13 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Well I was at the first two matches and struggle to recall a functional cross at all. Which 3 goals have we scored from headers in competitive matches? One last night...

I'm not suggesting MD will have one single six match suspension, but 6 games over the season. That's 2 already, you want to bet he won't miss any more?

And I know fine well how good Tidser should be. But he was pretty anonymous in the first two matches.

Does it not cost money to appeal any decision if so then i would imagine that would be why.

13 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Think your negative energy needs redirected Ronaldo

Any criticism of Ray over the final run in last season is justified but having been at couple of games in past week only a harsh myopic would fail to see the positivity of his signings & tactics presently 

He & team need our moral & vocal support particularly if he’s not getting that from current club owners 

yeah I'm afraid i'm also in this camp.  Add to the fact you'll find a lot of teams will probably sit in, try and get a result rathern going for the jugular...which added to our cautious approach will be frustrating to watch.  I've got this bad feeling its going to be like last season n some ways performance wise...games we should win, we'll throw away

Been absolutely horrendous the 45 shots we’ve had in the last few games (20 on target) and the average of 58% possession. Really need to be attacking more... 🤪

Think your negative energy needs redirected Ronaldo
Any criticism of Ray over the final run in last season is justified but having been at couple of games in past week only a harsh myopic would fail to see the positivity of his signings & tactics presently 
He & team need our moral & vocal support particularly if he’s not getting that from current club owners 
I've made no criticism of his tactics. It's clearly more positive than last season.

My gripe is the squad size, and our lack of options if things aren't working as we'd like, for example we're against ultra defensive teams and are unable to get a good cross in, or our main central defender is suspended and we've no backup.

9 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I've made no criticism of his tactics. It's clearly more positive than last season.

My gripe is the squad size, and our lack of options if things aren't working as we'd like, for example we're against ultra defensive teams and are unable to get a good cross in, or our main central defender is suspended and we've no backup.

If teams set up to be ultra defensive all you can do is keep the pressure up until they make a mistake other than that theres not a great deal you can do against defensive tactics, wait it out till you get the break.

As for the squad size i think most of us are pissed at that one but that doesnt appear to be down to Ray direct it towards the MSG.

Edited by AL-FFC

12 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

We have a backup with another left back coming in. If needed Dixon could comfortably move over one.  I agree we need a bigger squad though. 

3 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Maybe.

I've got the uber-fear for this season. Our full backs can't cross, Durnan will spend 6 matches under suspension, Tidser has not really impressed so far, and while our 1st XI should win the league, our squad size is, to repeat myself, a fucking humiliation.
Three injuries and we are goosed. It's like a pub team hoping everyone turns up on a Saturday morning and isn't too badly hungover.

With respect, what an absolute crock of nonsense 

If teams set up to be ultra defensive all you can do is keep the pressure up until they make a mistake other than that theres not a great deal you can do against defensive tactics, wait it out till you get the break.

As for the squad size i think most of us are pissed at that one but that doesnt appear to be down to Ray direct it towards the MSG.
Never once blamed Ray for tactics or squad size. I completely blame the board for that.

37 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Did you just go to the first two friendlies and make your mind up then? 

Hopefully by the first game of the season we will know if this is going to be necessary or not.

I would get your order into the banner printers quick.