The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, falkirkzombie said:

could well be.......... i just hope they side with BtB proposal, one of the other bids give me the fear.

Totally agree with that, I have the same worries. Given the heated  exchanges between Board/MSG and members of BTB group at the EGM, my fear is that there may well be a backlash from it that endangers the success of their bid. Hope I`m wrong.

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

I don't know how the bloody comments could ever be construed as racist if heard correctly.  Only one individual in a stand of hundreds managed to construe it as anything racist and for the guy to actually get charged in those circumstances and taken to court was a total and utter waste of taxpayers money.  Next time anyone screams at  a player for being pish I'd check first that Cieran Dunnes faither isnt sitting anywhere near you.

Did the criticism of the player not involve a "Get back to where you came from" element or something similar?

Probably not intended to be racist, but somewhat unwise I'd have thought.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

We are living proof that trying to run a thin, "quality over quantity" squad at this level can be an absolute disaster. 

Aye Falkirk might live to regret not getting in a few part time guys who know this league to bolster numbers than trying to sign a first XI that would challenge for play offs in the league above. Get lucky with injuries, like Arbroath last season, though and it may be a non issue.

13 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Did the criticism of the player not involve a "Get back to where you came from" element or something similar?

I think it was a case of "f**k off back to England" the majority of abuse directed at him was on his own doing in being shite at football

Aye Falkirk might live to regret not getting in a few part time guys who know this league to bolster numbers than trying to sign a first XI that would challenge for play offs in the league above. Get lucky with injuries, like Arbroath last season, though and it may be a non issue.
Maybe.

I've got the uber-fear for this season. Our full backs can't cross, Durnan will spend 6 matches under suspension, Tidser has not really impressed so far, and while our 1st XI should win the league, our squad size is, to repeat myself, a fucking humiliation.
Three injuries and we are goosed. It's like a pub team hoping everyone turns up on a Saturday morning and isn't too badly hungover.

10 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Maybe.

I've got the uber-fear for this season. Our full backs can't cross, Durnan will spend 6 matches under suspension, Tidser has not really impressed so far, and while our 1st XI should win the league, our squad size is, to repeat myself, a fucking humiliation.
Three injuries and we are goosed. It's like a pub team hoping everyone turns up on a Saturday morning and isn't too badly hungover.

I would hedge my bets on the pub team being ran better than us.

Edited by AL-FFC

49 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The "where you came from" being Watford Football Club. I would suggest someone would have to be deliberately looking to misinterpret the comment to see it otherwise . As has been settled in a court of law. 

McKinnon has little to moan about.  The board have backed the guy who couldn't claw back a two point deficit in nine months, with a host of players too good for his level.  If he's got slightly fewer than would be ideal, that's tough.  To not win the League with the players at his disposal now, would require the managerial skills of a McCoist.

3 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

The "where you came from" being Watford Football Club. I would suggest someone would have to be deliberately looking to misinterpret the comment to see it otherwise . As has been settled in a court of law. 

Which part about the verdict probably being right, didn't you get?

It's nuance that causes you lot trouble, isn't it?

If I'm saying such comments were unwise, that must mean I'm screaming that the bloke is definitely racist.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Which part about the verdict probably being right, didn't you get?

It's nuance that causes you lot trouble, isn't it?

If I'm saying such comments were unwise, that must mean I'm screaming that the bloke is definitely racist.

You're misunderstanding my reply, MT - which was in response to your query, not pointed at your personal character. You asked a genuine question, I offered my understanding of what was said, and how I believe it to be interpreted by a reasonable person. My comment about deliberate misinterpretation was offered toward the person at Ochilview who caused the shitstorm in the first place, not yourself.  The nuances of the written word, indeed. 

17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

McKinnon has little to moan about.  The board have backed the guy who couldn't claw back a two point deficit in nine months, with a host of players too good for his level.  If he's got slightly fewer than would be ideal, that's tough.  To not win the League with the players at his disposal now, would require the managerial skills of a McCoist.

I think it was a good bit more than a two point deficit that he had to claw back.  However, he got us up to 8th place but then his cautious tactics, playing for draws instead of going for the win,  cost us in the end. I would like to give you half a Greenie.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Maybe.

And on the occasion when we all turn up and are fresh as daisies, we actually get a little excited only have that excitement kicked out of us within 5 minutes due to the managers mega-cautious approach.

28 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

And on the occasion when we all turn up and are fresh as daisies, we actually get a little excited only have that excitement kicked out of us within 5 minutes due to the managers mega-cautious approach.

yeah I'm afraid i'm also in this camp.  Add to the fact you'll find a lot of teams will probably sit in, try and get a result rathern going for the jugular...which added to our cautious approach will be frustrating to watch.  I've got this bad feeling its going to be like last season n some ways performance wise...games we should win, we'll throw away

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Maybe.

The fact that 3 of our goals have come from headers from Dixon crosses is pretty devastating to your argument. 

Durnan got sent off for absolutely nothing so I’d like to know where your plucking the 6 match suspension from?

Anyone who’s seen him play knows Tidser is a level above where we are playing. 

We have enough to moan about from the boardroom without inventing more problems.