The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Gus2 said:

I know people are saying we will get a couple of loans in closer to the window closing. But honestly that may too late we are already carrying two injuries and a suspension taking our available players to 15 for the next two matches. Which is tactical like telling the opposition how you (a) Your matchday team and (b) your formation. Ray really needs to go into the boardroom and ask for funds for two 6 month signings at a bare minimum.

We can use trialists once the league eason starts. Id much rather we gave some players a run out in this way to see what they are like in competitive action than panic signed a few because of a couple of injuries.

10 hours ago, CPBAIRN said:

Arbroath won this league last season using 22 players. Which was the smallest amount used by any League One Champions in the last 10 years. They had relatively few injuries and suspensions.

The average number of players used by the Champions over that same 10 years is 26.

We need minimum 22, probably more. I wouldn't be against picking up a few part timers to fill the squad out.

I don't think it's possible now with us running only the one squad unless they are flexible to fit in with the one squad we are running.

9 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If we only have 2 outfield subs vs Berwick, this close to the start of the season, that’s appalling management.

Also shows the lack of cohesion between manager and board.

It's crap but we aren't the only team to lack a number of subs on our bench, some teams a league above us.

I'd be more concerned for league business and we wont have a full sub in a good few of the weeks with a squad of 18

11 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

That's a very interesting read.

Do we know who the major shareholder that described the fans as a "mediocrity" might be?

I get that the fan opposition to the msg/board is an evolving process as new shit comes to light and circumstances change and perhaps the season ticket boycott requires a rethink in terms of effectiveness.

As my own attendance is progressively rarer than hens teeth, I still won't be renewing until significant change has occurred, which on top of my pledge to the BtB scheme is a fairly significant sum. If were resident in the UK or even in the northern hemisphere more often I'd probably renew and get behind any amount of abuse towards every man jack of them.

As it is I'll keep my money in my pocket for now. The thought occurs though that maybe there's another way to break the msg as a block.

The individuals within it clearly don't agree much with each other and possibly don't even get along, so why is it even a thing? Their disagreements hamstring effective change, and in fact have caused catastrophic damage (to the detriment of their own share value) and yet they act as voting block to prevent progress.

WTF?

The club may have been worth 2.4m when we were in the championship and with a highly respected and productive academy. No fuckin chance now. 

Is a scheme to buy any one or two of them out to break the voting block viable? I'd get behind that too. I'll do the tarring and feathering for free too

If we must have a small squad, then crocks shouldn’t even be considered so Denny and Toshney shouldn’t even be looked at. Without a youth team we need about 22 players. 

Why can’t we top up the squad with 2 or 3 competent part timers given the rest of the league is mostly part time seems like a no brained !

That's a very interesting read.
Do we know who the major shareholder that described the fans as a "mediocrity" might be?
I get that the fan opposition to the msg/board is an evolving process as new shit comes to light and circumstances change and perhaps the season ticket boycott requires a rethink in terms of effectiveness.
As my own attendance is progressively rarer than hens teeth, I still won't be renewing until significant change has occurred, which on top of my pledge to the BtB scheme is a fairly significant sum. If were resident in the UK or even in the northern hemisphere more often I'd probably renew and get behind any amount of abuse towards every man jack of them.
As it is I'll keep my money in my pocket for now. The thought occurs though that maybe there's another way to break the msg as a block.
The individuals within it clearly don't agree much with each other and possibly don't even get along, so why is it even a thing? Their disagreements hamstring effective change, and in fact have caused catastrophic damage (to the detriment of their own share value) and yet they act as voting block to prevent progress.
WTF?
The club may have been worth 2.4m when we were in the championship and with a highly respected and productive academy. No fuckin chance now. 
Is a scheme to buy any one or two of them out to break the voting block viable? I'd get behind that too. I'll do the tarring and feathering for free too

It was Colin Liddell who said it

Why can’t we top up the squad with 2 or 3 competent part timers given the rest of the league is mostly part time seems like a no brained !
People say this, however, can you explain how this would work? Full time players train during the day, whereas, part time players more than likely train at night. How would that even work? I don't think it would.

1 hour ago, Rocco said:
7 hours ago, Stainrod said:

People say this, however, can you explain how this would work? Full time players train during the day, whereas, part time players more than likely train at night. How would that even work? I don't think it would.

I was listening to Talk Sport today and they had an interview with one of the players from Connahs Quay. He said they currently had a full time squad of around 16 with 6 part-time players making up the rest of the squad. So must work somehow for them.  Said team got back at 5am on Friday morning after the game and some of the part-time lads had to go into work.

Again, not saying its the way to go but it can be done.  Did Baptie not train with Hamilton when he played for us?  Appreciate different days mind you..

22 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

As Bairnado states, this is an excellent summary of the EGM. Well written and peppered with literary quotes from George Orwell, The Wizard of Oz and Mark Twain for good measure.

Set aside 15-20 minutes, and make sure you read. Doesn’t take that long, but I stopped so often for reflection of the written words. One section (of many) that hit home for me was ...

In that simple, gratuitous act (the declaration by the Board of the 62% proxy vote to reject the motion), the proceedings were exposed as an elaborate sham and insincere charade; a small number of disinterested and disaffected shareholders who do not care about the shambles laid before themhad voted, in advance, for self-preservation and a continuance of the failed business model exposed by mechanics of the EGM

As for where we find ourselves as Falkirk FC fans....?   ‘Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

Was worried when a word was missing from the third line, and a few apostrophes started flying about, but it's an excellent read for those of us not there. Those who were there too I'd imagine.

I am extremely worried about the club though. Both our chances of getting back up immediately with such a farcical squad size (honestly it's like something from the 1920s) and the clearly utterly loathed and incompetent senior management we have.

Im not against this idea of using trialists once the league starts up. How long can you actually have someone trialling for though, before they are entitled to some kind of contract?
3 games. It's humiliating to even have to consider that though.

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:
3 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:
Im not against this idea of using trialists once the league starts up. How long can you actually have someone trialling for though, before they are entitled to some kind of contract?

Not any more of a brasser than being in league one in the first place. I'd much prefer we gave guys a run out first in a competitive game than just signed them and they turn out to be shit.

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:
5 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

It depends. If they are just filling out the bench and playing the odd 20 minutes here or there, who really cares. It won't do that much damage and I'd rather that than we run Tidser and Gomis into the ground while watching Telfer and Connelly get booted about the pitch. The tackle by Moffat on Telfer at the weekend was pretty brutal I thought.