The Falkirk FC Thread

49 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

McKinnon expression when asked about players to come in this week told a story for me. He knows, we know the whole world knows 18 players is at least two shy of the minimum required. The only people who don’t know are the Board

We should be ok after all LM and AT are working for free for "our club"  not to mention they have said they would foot any additional shortfall in funds for the team (Aye Right)

7 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I think the time for boycotting is gone sadly. They don’t give a monkeys. We need to be loud, vocal and visual at all of the games against the “current” owners of our football club. They won’t like that one bit as we saw towards the end of the season.

I have been supporting the club since 1979,i started taking my son when he was 8 and now take my grandson who is 4.They are the future of the club not the MSG.

f**k that's despicable, I had a vague recollection of it being reported in the press of big donations etc at the time, just had a look back and the press portrays him as a superfan with a 3m donation.   Alas, its lies.  Imagine doing that to the club you allegedly  love when you're minted.
What a c**t.
I'm only quoting this so that it's visible again

I have been supporting the club since 1979,i started taking my son when he was 8 and now take my grandson who is 4.They are the future of the club not the MSG.

Spot on mate. Likewise with my kids, they are all the future of the club and this isn’t their fight. Fans always win in the end.

Just now, RC55 FFC said:

Spot on mate. Likewise with my kids, they are all the future of the club and this isn’t their fight. Fans always win in the end.

The wee man was at the cinema with his Nana on Monday to see Toy Story 4 and shouted out at the top of his voice FALKIRK lol

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Increased competition from the likes of Leitch should hopefully give McShane a boot up the arse.

Thats the beauty of having competition for places.

Isn't McShane more suited to being more of an advanced mid for recent clubs, I recall the likes of St Mirren and QoS bumming up his set play.

We have Telfer, Connolly and Tidser taking those roles

Telfer easily been the best of our signings so far

We are absolutely 100% not winning the league with a squad of 18. That means most weeks we’ll have 3 or 4 empty spaces on the bench. Telfer and Connolly are going to get booted from pillar to post, no way are they both going all season without injuries. 

Even if it’s guys on sweetie money we need a minimum of two extra bodies. Blair Malcolm couldn’t have been on much at Cowdenbeath, likewise Ciaran Summers. Even if it has to be part time contracts, 6 month deals or whatever - we need them in. 

16 minutes ago, CPBAIRN said:

We are absolutely 100% not winning the league with a squad of 18. That means most weeks we’ll have 3 or 4 empty spaces on the bench. Telfer and Connolly are going to get booted from pillar to post, no way are they both going all season without injuries. 

Even if it’s guys on sweetie money we need a minimum of two extra bodies. Blair Malcolm couldn’t have been on much at Cowdenbeath, likewise Ciaran Summers. Even if it has to be part time contracts, 6 month deals or whatever - we need them in. 

I wouldnt sign them the now. Give them some game time as trialists the first few games and then sign up a few.

59 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Grim when there’s no money to even bring in the trialists who are still about.

There's only the one still about, and it's not exactly a secret who he is, given that he was identified from Falkirk Herald pics on the very first day of training. The other lad who you'll have seen today - a former academy goalkeeper - is just training with us. Albeit he was (wrongly) named in the "lost generation" slide that the guys who called the EGM listed in their presentation yesterday as having been lost to Bury. I presume he's now left them.

Anyway, given that the outfield trialist has been with us exactly a month today I think it would be reasonable to assume that he expects to get something from FFC eventually. Otherwise he would surely have moved on a while ago. My concern is that if we do manage to get him in, he'll be the very last addition to the squad. Unless something changes in terms of ownership, obviously.  

I hope we do get him though. I had a long chat with him on the touchline today and he's a Clyde fan who, like me, absolutely detests Rangers. We need more people like that at our club.  :thumsup2

Suspect the board think the boycotting STs will renew before Aug 10 and that even if they don't renew will just PATG.

Either way the board win and as long as the team are winning it will be harder to stay away and the board will get their money anyway.

From this income I expect the club to pick up a couple of signings in the coming weeks (hopefully)

Edited by Gaz FFC

There's only the one still about, and it's not exactly a secret who he is, given that he was identified from Falkirk Herald pics on the very first day of training. The other lad who you'll have seen today - a former academy goalkeeper - is just training with us. Albeit he was (wrongly) named in the "lost generation" slide that the guys who called the EGM listed in their presentation yesterday as having been lost to Bury. I presume he's now left them.
Anyway, given that the outfield trialist has been with us exactly a month today I think it would be reasonable to assume that he expects to get something from FFC eventually. Otherwise he would surely have moved on a while ago. My concern is that if we do manage to get him in, he'll be the very last addition to the squad. Unless something changes in terms of ownership, obviously.  
I hope we do get him though. I had a long chat with him on the touchline today and he's a Clyde fan who, like me, absolutely detests Rangers. We need more people like that at our club.  :thumsup2
Given that *name redacted* has been known to offer emergency cover at LB and play virtually everywhere in midfield, I'd say it makes sense that he'll be the one McKinnon is looking at getting in.

Any idea what the delay might be in offering him a deal?

49 minutes ago, CPBAIRN said:

Bullshit

Small Squad could make it harder but won't stop us winning the league