The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, BottiBiabi said:

The fact that Morton fans didn’t rate Telfer is fucking wild, best player on the park by far.

Oh, but they do. They rated him a ton, until he signed for us and he suddenly became bang average and they didn't care. 

Weirdos inbound in 3..2.

I thought that idiot of a referee couldn’t get any worse than that night down in Dumfries but that today was absolutely abysmal. The tackle of Telfer (who is a player btw) was a red card all day long, it really didn’t need a decision to be made there.

The sending off of Durnan was a joke to say the least. Both him, and Doohan, were squaring up yet he finds himself off. Both should have been booked or nothing. Muirhead was booked for the penalty/scuffle with him and Buchanan face to face around the penalty, so what was the difference between that and Durnan’s?

A lot more football played from us and even with 10 men we looked comfortable and I thought losing was incredible harsh on us. Onwards and upwards though.

Played Premiership and Championship opposition and beat a team in league one narrowly. Shows the clubs level not quite a good Championship team and too small a squad. 

Unless he gets off to a great start I think a change of manager is required. He will probably think the playoffs is a good enough result this season. 

Played Premiership and Championship opposition and beat a team in league one narrowly. Shows the clubs level not quite a good Championship team and too small a squad. 
Unless he gets off to a great start I think a change of manager is required. He will probably think the playoffs is a good enough result this season. 
Also signs a forward who isn’t fit. Give me Bobby Linn or Rudden all day long atleast they know how to get goals. 
Away and give us all some peace and quiet!

Have you watched any of the games? Competed very well with both Livi and Ayr and dominated Stranraer (the one team at our level), albeit only winning by one in the end. Not seeing how you're getting 'poor championship team' from that.

I'd be very surprised if McKinnon sees playoffs as a good result, don't think this is the case at all given the obvious standard of the players he's brought in.

Do agree that we're one or two short as far as the squad goes but we've got time yet.

Also signs a forward who isn’t fit. Give me Bobby Linn or Rudden all day long atleast they know how to get goals. 
The forward who isn't fit was signed on a one month deal to get him fit and reassess. You're either clueless or at the windup

Problem with a small squad is the likes of McShane can wander around the pitch all day scratching their balls because they know there's no pressure on them and they're a guaranteed pick. Telfer and Connolly are good, but they're going to get the shit kicked out of them by diddy cloggers like Ayr and most of League 1. Don't expect our woeful refs to do anything about it. 

Edited by NewBornBairn

Fucking hell.

Any other players we’d have no chance of signing you’d like us to sign?

20 minutes ago, Falkirkfan6871 said:

I know, can’t believe he’s not been in with an offer for Morelos mate, pure shite intit 

5 minutes ago, Nedelko said:

Have you watched any of the games? Competed very well with both Livi and Ayr and dominated Stranraer (the one team at our level), albeit only winning by one in the end. Not seeing how you're getting 'poor championship team' from that.

I'd be very surprised if McKinnon sees playoffs as a good result, don't think this is the case at all given the obvious standard of the players he's brought in.

Do agree that we're one or two short as far as the squad goes but we've got time yet.

Having a player sent off didn't help you guys today. I honestly don't think you will have much to worry about this year.  Good luck for the season ahead. 

The old One F forum was probably the worst football forum in the history of the universe. It was so bad that some of the Morton loonies would have felt right at home there.

And yet for all the nonsense, stupidity and mediocrity there, one poster stood out above them all.

Phil09 - a guy so utterly clueless about football that he was ridiculed incessantly by the entire forum. It was as if he'd never been inside a football ground and got all his ideas about how the game should be run from watching Match Of The Day. He certainly knew nothing about the Falkirk team he was trying to comment on.

The ridicule got so bad that he tried to reinvent himself by changing his user name. He got the mods to rebrand him as Falkirkfan6871.

Ah, good old Phil. I wonder where he is now, and whether he's any smarter than he used to be?

I have to say I'm a bit gutted about today, not because it's the league cup, who cares, but because I think it would have given the club a big boost. The atmosphere is a wee bit toxic towards the board at the moment and yet the folk at the game were loud and really pushed the team on at the end. Given that crowd a draw or god forbid a win would have been incredible for the morale of the supporters and team. And in the end it was just me sitting in front of a screen abroad fuming about a ref and rambling on a football forum.

Hope to f**k the team keep trying like they did today, what a breath of fresh air.

PS: And trying to assemble a fucking picture of an old stereo to prove I'm not a robot. Haven't managed to dae it for long enough to add this bit to my comment.

PS2: Had to click submit reply again. Here I was waiting for it to auto-post once I got the picture right. What a day.

PS3: I hadn't logged in. What clown.

Edited by Gollum

17 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The old One F forum was probably the worst football forum in the history of the universe. It was so bad that some of the Morton loonies would have felt right at home there.

And yet for all the nonsense, stupidity and mediocrity there, one poster stood out above them all.

Phil09 - a guy so utterly clueless about football that he was ridiculed incessantly by the entire forum. It was as if he'd never been inside a football ground and got all his ideas about how the game should be run from watching Match Of The Day. He certainly knew nothing about the Falkirk team he was trying to comment on.

The ridicule got so bad that he tried to reinvent himself by changing his user name. He got the mods to rebrand him as Falkirkfan6871.

Ah, good old Phil. I wonder where he is now, and whether he's any smarter than he used to be?

probably posting here as Edi/Latapy

52 minutes ago, spud131 said:

Away and give us all some peace and quiet!

Agree. Feck me i thought i was overly negative at times but that takes the biscuit.  Thought we were excellent today. Only negative was mcshane who is becoming a liability unfortunately.  Ref changed thd game with his ludicrous decision but then hardly a surprise after his qos cockup. Even our pen was soft at very very best.