The Falkirk FC Thread

Nae idea why he sent Durnan off there. Happened right in front of me and nothing in it bit of a coming together between him and the ‘keeper but you either book both or do nothing. Fucking terrible refereeing.

Was a fucking great run all the way from Durnan tae.

Just now, spud131 said:

Missed a penalty?

Got fouled, scored the goal anyway, got the penalty instead of a goal. One of the Ayr pushes Buchanan with both hands, 10x what Durnan did, yellows for both. Missed the pen. Hilarious

And to complete my ramblings about this idiot of a referee: 3 minutes injury time after that half.

Would have been scenes if we equalised. Good atmosphere, good spirit in the side, good performance, all around a happy man with our side.

Actually really happy with that performance today really do think if it wasn’t for the red card the worst we’d have got was penalties. Aye once we went down to 10 Ayr had more of the ball and Bell made a few right good saves but even with a man down thought we competed well and a couple of half chances of course with Mcshane missing the penalty. Was a definite penalty Buchanan nicking in front of Aero who clipped him then in the aftermath Muirhead raising his hands to Buchanan and the ref booked both. Brilliant. 5 minutes after that Dixon ball in to McManus at the back post just as the ball was coming to him Harvie gave him a 2 handed shove in the back but nothing.

Goes without saying but the standard of the officials was fucking shocking. The linesman closest to the Falkirk fans made 1 decision all game the red to Durnan every time the ball went out he’d just look at the ref until he told him what to do.

Thought Charlie Telfer was the best player on the park although he did tire in the second half he’s so comfortable in possession loves to take a man on and put some amount of running into the game.

Just now, Dawson Park Boy said:

Today just shows we vulnerable we are with our small squad.

i suppose Durnan  will serve his suspension against Berwick?

2 games for violent conduct, unless we can appeal. Totally agree about the size of the squad. We need 2 more in, we can’t go through the season with 18 players.

Alex Scott the best crosser of a ball I have ever seen in a Falkirk jersey did coaching on that skill when he played for us. Sometimes its perfect in training then in a real game situation it all goes to pot no matter how good the coaching.

Even Alex could not work his magic on some Falkirk hero's who I won't mention. But bairns fans of that era will know the likely suspects.