The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Bainsfordbairn said:

Yep. 

Whether this is a good or a bad deal depends on the build cost, annual rent fees and - most crucially  - the duration of them. If the ownership of the stand passes to the club when SA expires then it's probably a good deal. If payments have to be made to his descendants for the next hundred years than it's almost certainly a bad one. 

I've seen figures quoted for the first two but never the third. 

Don't tempt anyone in the current climate.

A boycott of the South Stand could have worked 6 weeks ago, before Season Tickets began to be renewed. If people had the option of buying a MS ticket instead of the usual SS, it would have allowed their protest to be noted whilst still meaning they could support the team, go to games etc. 

Truth is, I think most of us looked on SA as, if not one of the good guys, at least one of the neutral ones. Hearing what he said at the EGM changes that and hearing that he doesn't like criticism makes me think he'll really, really not like being targeted with banners and chants. 

I think a lot of people become directors and the like because of the kudos it gives them and to use it for wining & dining their business contacts. I doubt their business contacts will be impressed to hear their host getting roundly abused for 90 minutes by thousands of people and it's certainly not a part of any hospitality package I'd like to buy.

I don't think a boycott is going to work because it's invisible. Protests have to be in their faces, humiliate them in public. 

A boycott of the South Stand could have worked 6 weeks ago, before Season Tickets began to be renewed. If people had the option of buying a MS ticket instead of the usual SS, it would have allowed their protest to be noted whilst still meaning they could support the team, go to games etc. 

Truth is, I think most of us looked on SA as, if not one of the good guys, at least one of the neutral ones. Hearing what he said at the EGM changes that and hearing that he doesn't like criticism makes me think he'll really, really not like being targeted with banners and chants. 

I think a lot of people become directors and the like because of the kudos it gives them and to use it for wining & dining their business contacts. I doubt their business contacts will be impressed to hear their host getting roundly abused for 90 minutes by thousands of people and it's certainly not a part of any hospitality package I'd like to buy.

I don't think a boycott is going to work because it's invisible. Protests have to be in their faces, humiliate them in public. 
Agree think a visual protest with chanting is required home and away till change happens, the protests at Charlton I think got a lot of publicity last seasons as halted the games for a few minutes can't remember what they were launching onto the pitch but it was picked up by various media outlets.

Would it have made any difference boycotting the South Stand for the Main Stand? Seems doubtful IMO. The board would’ve have given a f**k about yous. They’d have just seen it as the same number of arses filling the same number of seats and carried on regardless.

3 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:
12 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Agree think a visual protest with chanting is required home and away till change happens, the protests at Charlton I think got a lot of publicity last seasons as halted the games for a few minutes can't remember what they were launching onto the pitch but it was picked up by various media outlets.

Charlton had one protest where they flung crisp packets into the pitch to stop the game.

16 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Would it have made any difference boycotting the South Stand for the Main Stand? Seems doubtful IMO. The board would’ve have given a f**k about yous. They’d have just seen it as the same number of arses filling the same number of seats and carried on regardless.

They would then be paying 75k a year for the use of a stand that is very visibly not required. You could argue that of all the statements we could make, an empty South Stand would be the most damning. 

Actually, by far the best protest we could organise would be to walk out of the South and round to the North either just before KO or at HT, but you are into law breaking/getting the club a massive fine a game abandoned there. Would undeniably be fucking scenes though.

have no idea, just what i herd, would have prob been making very decent coin playing in India, also had a stint with the **** when they were EBTing out their nuts.

A Patrick fan at my work was asking about this whole takeover debacle. I mentioned Alan Gow, but didn’t mention the Indian backers part.
He said his mum works and is friends with Gows mum in Clydebank somewhere. Supposedly when he was at Rangers and then later on in India that he ploughed his money into some very successful enterprises and ventures back in the UK, top that up with a very good weekly salary in India and my colleague said he isn’t surprised he has a good wad of money.

49 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

A boycott would work if everybody hot involved though. Say a single game for a start. I mean if those 3 bids get knocked back i really think its time to bite the bullet.

Talk of boycotting after yesterday seems very premature, I'd give the board a few days to get something on the website apologising for the racism accusation now the case has been settled, an apology and having admitted they made mistakes puts that to bed. They said about bids and things would be moving on in the next couple of weeks so see what happens there. 

I'd like to see the btb bid go on, fan involvement would be great for our club, I'll also (and I'm probably in a small minority here) be happy for the MSG to still be involved with a smaller shareholding. There have been time when this club and plenty others our size and bigger have been close to extinction so to chase anyone (especially with money and business contacts) away seems daft to me. There's already enough ***** travelling to see celtic/rangers every other week from falkirk and surrounding areas without chasing anyone else away.

Let's hope things move on, we can all get back to the games and the team kicks on, COYB.

This is now my way of thinking after a lengthy chat with someone who was at the meeting and the many reports posted here and elsewhere.

My heart says boycott but my head says protest long and loud.

Time for the young team to earn their stripes, songs and banners at EVERY game.

PS

Sandy Alexander is a micro penis.

Talk of boycotting after yesterday seems very premature, I'd give the board a few days to get something on the website apologising for the racism accusation now the case has been settled, an apology and having admitted they made mistakes puts that to bed. They said about bids and things would be moving on in the next couple of weeks so see what happens there. 
I'd like to see the btb bid go on, fan involvement would be great for our club, I'll also (and I'm probably in a small minority here) be happy for the MSG to still be involved with a smaller shareholding. There have been time when this club and plenty others our size and bigger have been close to extinction so to chase anyone (especially with money and business contacts) away seems daft to me. There's already enough ***** travelling to see celtic/rangers every other week from falkirk and surrounding areas without chasing anyone else away.
Let's hope things move on, we can all get back to the games and the team kicks on, COYB.

Much as I hope like you do I think you are tilting at windmills.The decision on the ownership has been made just the same as the 62% MSG proxy vote was yesterday.

SA said it yesterday - The MSG is going nowhere.

We will be sitting here in 2 weeks time with no change IMO and a club riddled with division - the play thing of 6 people.

What happens they - who knows.

32 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Excellent post.

Totally agree.

They would then be paying 75k a year for the use of a stand that is very visibly not required. You could argue that of all the statements we could make, an empty South Stand would be the most damning. 
Actually, by far the best protest we could organise would be to walk out of the South and round to the North either just before KO or at HT, but you are into law breaking/getting the club a massive fine a game abandoned there. Would undeniably be fucking scenes though.

Wouldn’t it be better to walk completely and make more of a statement by not being there at all? I know this is a last-resort for most fans and ultimately does the club little good in the short term, but it seems to work in most cases and it seems like you guys are at that point.