The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

We have 17 at the moment, I think the most you will see is 2 added I'm afraid. 

18 signed players of whom two are out for a wee while. One hasn't yet been publicised by the club but I imagine that will change today, possibly in the post-match interviews.

Hopefully something changes over the coming weeks.

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

18 signed players of whom two are out for a wee while. One hasn't yet been publicised by the club but I imagine that will change today, possibly in the post-match interviews.

Oh you tease

Probably. I’m not a fan of emergency loans tbh.
I’m also not a fan of ‘taking a chance’ either as I just see it as poor planning.
I dont know how the "two year plan" thing is going to pan out. When the window opened and nothing really happened, I was sceptical.

Now when you look at the quality of player, it seems more (please note I am not saying how much more) credible that if we get up we will have the core of a team that can go ahead and challenge a league up.

By that I mean we maybe would need 4 or 5 signings of a step up in quality, but I think given the numerous rebuilds, that could be seen as a fucking good result.

The trade off is of course in the numbers, which in turn makes the gamble that we can get up at the first time of asking.

If we dont then the whole thing is fucked.

Surely it’s MacLean after his injury on Tuesday night?

17 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

2 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Surely it’s MacLean after his injury on Tuesday night?

Confused now... Whats not been publicised? A signing or a long term injury?

Been busy since the EGM but my post meeting thoughts are very positive indeed.

The Board and msg won the battle but LOST the war.

Very much a Pyrrhic victory.

The Board individually and collectively admitted they were dysfunctional which makes a nonsense of the major shareholders voting against the resolution.

I very much applaud the people who called this EGM as the glare of publicity will undoubtedly see big changes.

I expect to hear within a week to 10 days (as promised by CL) as to who the preferred bidder is and I would guess it will be the ‘fan ownership’ scheme and I would think that Andy Thomson will resign along with MR and ML. 

I was impressed with Gary Deans who will take on the AT role although he was correctly told to zip it due to him not being involved in all the cockups.

I would suggest that a good move would be for the Board to extend the early bird ST offer to the end of July and to put out a proper statement giving a full apology for all the well documented disasters, announcing the Board changes and giving the go ahead to the fan ownership scheme.

It was pleasing to hear SA state that he had no problem with diluting his share stake.

It was quite painful to watch the Board being skewed by KJ who had all the correspondence and timelines at his fingertips.

I think we should be able to move on from here.

Apologies for the delay in giving my thoughts.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont know how the "two year plan" thing is going to pan out. When the window opened and nothing really happened, I was sceptical.

Now when you look at the quality of player, it seems more (please note I am not saying how much more) credible that if we get up we will have the core of a team that can go ahead and challenge a league up.

By that I mean we maybe would need 4 or 5 signings of a step up in quality, but I think given the numerous rebuilds, that could be seen as a fucking good result.

The trade off is of course in the numbers, which in turn makes the gamble that we can get up at the first time of asking.

If we dont then the whole thing is fucked.

Good points mate.

Like I said I have big concerns about the size of our squad however the quality of the small squad looks good for this level.

I’m not convinced by Ray either however he now has his own players in so I am giving him a fair crack at the whip.

There is no reason why we should win our first 4 league games with his best 11 on the pitch.

25 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I was meaning for the game today, discounting Laverty as a long term injury. Obviously didn't know about the other injury, as above I assume this will be MacLean after Tuesday night. Really feel for him, he's not had a great time with injuries and thought he looked sharp against Livingston. 

7 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

I was meaning for the game today, discounting Laverty as a long term injury. Obviously didn't know about the other injury, as above I assume this will be MacLean after Tuesday night. Really feel for him, he's not had a great time with injuries and thought he looked sharp against Livingston. 

Midfield is about the only part of the field we can afford a long term injury but i hope RMac's injury is means he is only out for two or three weeks at most 

The Board individually and collectively admitted they were dysfunctional which makes a nonsense of the major shareholders voting against the resolution.
I very much applaud the people who called this EGM as the glare of publicity will undoubtedly see big changes.
I expect to hear within a week to 10 days (as promised by CL) as to who the preferred bidder is and I would guess it will be the ‘fan ownership’ scheme and I would think that Andy Thomson will resign along with MR and ML. 
I was impressed with Gary Deans who will take on the AT role although he was correctly told to zip it due to him not being involved in all the cockups.
I would suggest that a good move would be for the Board to extend the early bird ST offer to the end of July and to put out a proper statement giving a full apology for all the well documented disasters, announcing the Board changes and giving the go ahead to the fan ownership scheme.
It was pleasing to hear SA state that he had no problem with diluting his share stake.
It was quite painful to watch the Board being skewed by KJ who had all the correspondence and timelines at his fingertips.

This all hangs on them not rejecting all three offers. I think that sadly is the likely outcome. [emoji22]

As a collective we put a lot of work into this on the detailed background work, presentation, survey and bids on BTB. Kenny Jamieson and David White really deserves much more respect from the MSG and BOD than they got.

I can’t stress enough how the next week to ten days are key to this club’s future, certainly that is how I see it anyway.

29 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Go to applaud the guys who called this egm whose first speaker spoke eloquently and passionately about the issues at the club. Kenny J then again made sure he had facts to back up all his questions. The bod were made to look completely amateurish with AT unable to comment on this and that due to not being involved. Lex telling everyone that they would take it on board every time he couldnt answer a question and superfan bumbling on about honesty and trust and you need to let these guys off the kook  because they didnae really mean it ad were trying their best. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I can’t stress enough how the next week to ten days are key to this club’s future, certainly that is how I see it anyway.

In your view is there anything people can do to help, if this is the case? Genuine question.

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Away fans can buy tickets for today here:

https://tickets.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/package_link/221/Falkirkaway

Might save you queuing up :thumsup2 

Something wrong with my computer or your website mate, can't get beyond giving my address and it just loops so I can't buy a ticket.

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

In your view is there anything people can do to help, if this is the case? Genuine question.

I reckon if that did happens fans would really need to bite the bullet and organise some kind of boycott. Even if it was just for one game to start with . If all 3 bids are booted out then I cant see an easy way forward.

With regards to the South Stand. Is it owned by the Club and we are repaying a "loan", or is it owned by SA and we are paying it up? Cause it's getting really tempting to tell him to fucking keep it if it's at all possible. 

Sadly, it's likely not. 

2 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Isn't it owned by SA and we rent it?

Yep. 

Whether this is a good or a bad deal depends on the build cost, annual rent fees and - most crucially  - the duration of them. If the ownership of the stand passes to the club when SA expires then it's probably a good deal. If payments have to be made to his descendants for the next hundred years than it's almost certainly a bad one. 

I've seen figures quoted for the first two but never the third.