The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

See this Alexander fella what was the crack with the South Stand?

Was it a loan to build it?

Yeah despite his desire to be seen as some sort of superfan, we are effectively paying a mortgage for it. 

Just now, Tynierose said:

f**k that's despicable, I had a vague recollection of it being reported in the press of big donations etc at the time, just had a look back and the press portrays him as a superfan with a 3m donation.   Alas, its lies.  Imagine doing that to the club you allegedly  love when you're minted.

What a c**t.

Plenty lads on here more ITK than me in regards to the payments. Something like 70-100k a year rings a bell.....

2 minutes ago, PG.Colossus said:

Surely Alan Gow isn't wealthy enough on the back of his playing career to buy the club?

have no idea, just what i herd, would have prob been making very decent coin playing in India, also had a stint with the **** when they were EBTing out their nuts.

So the wrongly accused “racist” element amongst our fan base, which has now reached national press levels on numerous occasions actually turns out to be a shareholder?

A shareholder who, on the very morning of the EGM, was acquitted of any of the charges levelled at them!?

You couldn’t write that.

If a full and public apology/retraction statement isn’t put out by the club then it is a complete disregard of basic respect towards both the club and its fans.

Only the tip of the iceberg of ongoing issues the board needs to deal with but it still needs addressed and sooner rather than later (6 months and counting)

1 minute ago, Big Sid said:

So the wrongly accused “racist” element amongst our fan base, which has now reached national press levels on numerous occasions actually turns out to be a shareholder?
A shareholder who, on the very morning of the EGM, was acquitted of any of the charges levelled at them!?
You couldn’t write that.

If a full and public apology/retraction statement isn’t put out by the club then it is a complete disregard of basic respect towards both the club and its fans.

Only the top of the iceberg of ongoing issues the board needs to deal with but it still needs addressed and sooner rather than later (6 months and counting)

What happened re the racism case yesterday like?

Just now, falkirkzombie said:

his charge was thrown out at court yesterday, he turned up at the EGM afterwards and let the BOD know.

Good. Well I know that the club were using that as an excuse not to have issued an apology so lets see if they come good now. 

I would be not. I expect to see an unqualified apology issued ont he clubs website and I would expect that they request it be run by the various news outlets who ran the original. 

19 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

See this Alexander fella what was the crack with the South Stand?

Was it a loan to build it?

Imagine a smug banker saying here's your mortgage for your house, I'm such a good guy giving you this, although you will pay me back, but I'm going to act like I'm doing you a favour here so really I can come to your house whenever I want and act however I want because I gave you the money to buy it. Now tell your wife to get the rolls on you ungrateful little shit. 

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Has anyone heard anything around potential signings ??

Worried that league starts in 2 weeks and our squad is still very small.

Calm down GB. Any players we are adding now are more than likely to be squad fillers. We've also got Robbie Leitch to add to the 16-man squad on Tuesday.

Edited by wee_bairn

2 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Calm down GB. Any players we are adding now are more than likely to be squad fillers. We've also got Robbie Leitch to add to the 16-man squad on Tuesday.

I mentioned Robbie Leitch yesterday but was likely missed in the EGM posts.

If we can get to a squad of 20-22 I’ll be happy.

If we run with only 17 there is no wiggle room for any injuries, suspension or loss of form.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I mentioned Robbie Leitch yesterday but was likely missed in the EGM posts.

If we can get to a squad of 20-22 I’ll be happy.

If we run with only 17 there is no wiggle room for any injuries, suspension or loss of form.

Ray actually said in his last FTV interview that he's not going to run with a 20-22 man squad. We have 17 at the moment, I think the most you will see is 2 added I'm afraid. 

Edited by wee_bairn

3 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Ray actually said in his last FTV interview that he's not going to run with a 20-22 man squad. We have 17 at the moment, I think the most you will see is 2 added I'm afraid. 

Will he go with just the 2 keepers ? Obviously not planning on cover on the bench if one is injured or suspended.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Will he go with just the 2 keepers ? Obviously not planning on cover on the bench if one is injured or suspended.

If you are going to take a chance anywhere, then keeper, where you can still get an emergency loan makes the most sense.