The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Apologies but can I ask a question that will have been covered to death...

Is the fans anger at the racism statement the fact that they also included 'personal insults' of staff along with it? Or is the racism accusation itself contested?

Both.

The racism accusation turned out to be not true. There was never a correction published. This has allowed multiple journalists to keep parroting the line that Dennon Lewis was racially abused by Falkirk fans, because they of course never bothered their arse about the follow up - just swallowed our board's garbage statement as fact.

And yes, even had it been true, the statement was unacceptable in many many ways. One of those being Craig Campbell seeking to link criticism of himself to racially abusing a black player, as if it was the same thing.

Personally my anger was at how quick the board were to release such a statement without knowing the full facts and also what damage it could do to all Falkirk fans and the club.
The personal abuse that they said they received and added to the statement for me was just morally wrong if they at that time really believed that any racist remarks were said.... that should have been a totally separate statement.
They added it to make people believe they were also victims.... pish.
As for that mild apology given to around 120 people they can shove right up their shite pipe.

Apologies but can I ask a question that will have been covered to death...

Is the fans anger at the racism statement the fact that they also included 'personal insults' of staff along with it? Or is the racism accusation itself contested?

46 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

These are the same c***s that were in the media lauding the fact that the SPL votes against us getting in (turkeys voting for Christmas). Yet when it’s their to do what’s best for The Club, they are shifting the next at every turn.

Tell SA to ram his stand right up his arse.

Boycott the South Stand, everyone in the main stand its closer to send the abuse their way!

So there we have it. Collectively, they are as dysfunctional as we believed them to be. As is always the case in football club internal strife, it’s egos that are the destructive force in all of it.

They really all want to be seen as Falkirk heroes, and their egos are not allowing them to see things (and themselves) as they really are. They are stuck in a place where they are looking for eternal gratitude from the common people regardless of their actions.

Rabbie Burns paraphrase comes to mind.....”If only some great power would give us, to see ourselves as others see us”

From John Boyle to Cammy Melville to Romanov to Gavin Masterton to the embryo of what we are seeing with our MSG.......successful business types who convince themselves that they can do no wrong, and cannot grasp that supporters do not see them as some kind of wonderful.

No apology equals no acceptance of wrongdoing. Just as there will be no acceptance of ST reduced sales being anything other than fair weather fans not fancying L1.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Just read the herald article on it and this is the stand out bit on it no real change just shares diluted:

Mr Alexander also added he saw the major shareholders’ interest in the club remaining – even under the BtB scheme where shares would be diluted, not transferred.

That was always going to be the case though. Their shareholding would remain the same, but decrease proportionately upon the issue of the new shares. The bigger contradiction is a summer apparently spent soliciting and reviewing bids, and telling supporters that a change of ownership is imminent, when the likes of Alexander clearly never had the slightest intention of letting go. Just another sign of the incredible level of dysfunction running right through the club. 

And hopefully any misplaced sympathy for Lang has now been well and truly nixed with her admitting to being one of the authors of the Lewis statement. Good Riddance.

"The MSG were never intending to exit".
We're done.
I couldn’t make today’s meeting , however I’ve read enough to understand my worst fears were 100% correct.
The MSG won’t accept the tea party is over . I now suspect I was right and there are no bids for the club . What a bunch of clowns , that they can’t accept that their custodianship has come to an end.
I’m pretty certain the indecision that led to our demise last year will creep into the dressing room again shortly and we will start to fail on the pitch . I won’t be back till it’s over and I’m up for any boycott or protest to hound them out ! It’s our club !

What a complete clusterfuck this is. I’d bet that the FFC board are hoping that good results this coming season will sway the fans favour back towards them. 

Its a mistake some BOD’s make thinking that all fans are like rangers fans, and not care as long as the good results keep  coming. 

You guys have a really good squad for the level you’re at right now, and I’d bet that your BOD are hoping that wins will allow them to slither under the carpet waiting to see if you’ll ignore them in favour of these results. 

Don’t fall for it, Bairns. Continue to fight to get control of your club. Only a fans consortium will truly have the clubs best interests at heart, and not see it as a prestigious toy or piggy bank. 

Best of luck guys. 

What a complete clusterfuck this is. I’d bet that the FFC board are hoping that good results this coming season will sway the fans favour back towards them. 
Its a mistake some BOD’s make thinking that all fans are like rangers fans, and not care as long as the good results keep  coming. 
You guys have a really good squad for the level you’re at right now, and I’d bet that your BOD are hoping that wins will allow them to slither under the carpet waiting to see if you’ll ignore them in favour of these results. 
Don’t fall for it, Bairns. Continue to fight to get control of your club. Only a fans consortium will truly have the clubs best interests at heart, and not see it as a prestigious toy or piggy bank. 
Best of luck guys. 

That is exactly what they are hoping for.

Had many embarrassing days as a Falkirk Fan but yesterday was up there. Listening to Directors stabbing each other in the back, major shareholders talking to shareholders like children and seeing the huge divide they have created just get bigger was horrible to watch.

It is about them, power and ego. They say they care about the club. Actions talk not words

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

So do we have any ITK on the "3 serious bids" that apparently now remain for the club?

That could be the biggest porky of the day.

Could be talking absolute pish but believe one is the Sunderland bloke, one of the three is apparently still BtB and f**k knows what the last one is - decision to be made this week (apparently)

Disclaimer that I’m not ITK in any shape or form but heard from a few people, so aye could be the aforementioned absolute pish

2 minutes ago, Boaby The Bairn said:

Could be talking absolute pish but believe one is the Sunderland bloke, one of the three is apparently still BtB and f**k knows what the last one is - decision to be made this week (apparently)

Disclaimer that I’m not ITK in any shape or form but heard from a few people, so aye could be the aforementioned absolute pish

I don't know if BtB is even viable anymore. Not after What Sandy Alexander said. There will undoubtedly be people who are no longer willing to put their money in now that we know people like him have no intention of relinquishing any control over their plaything. His words have reduced BtB to a cash injection from the fans allowing the MSG to keep their cash in their pockets.

Some nick we are in.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

So do we have any ITK on the "3 serious bids" that apparently now remain for the club?

That could be the biggest porky of the day.

one is from Alan Gow himself, ie not back by Indians. (or so i have been told)

the other, well  i hope it's not from the sunderland guys as that means dodgy celtic agent might be involved, he can get so far to f**k

Edited by falkirkzombie

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I don't know if BtB is even viable anymore. Not after What Sandy Alexander said. There will undoubtedly be people who are no longer willing to put their money in now that we know people like him have no intention of relinquishing any control over their plaything. His words have reduced BtB to a cash injection from the fans allowing the MSG to keep their cash in their pockets.

Some nick we are in.

That's where I am too. I do t see how the BtB can possibly go ahead on the same basis now. So where does that leave us?

Does there have to be a 12-24 month accumulation of cash via monthly donations held back until there is enough, with the 5/6 figure smaller group of bigger investors, to get rid of this lot wholesale.

We need to find a way to have Sandy Alexander sitting and stewing with his 20% as an irrelevant old duffer .

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Some nick we are in.

i think the BtB is still viable

if the MSG dilute their shares to 31% as originally agreed the have no chance of winning any votes because of their total contempt they seem to have for smaller shareholders, nobody is goni vote for them.

Ideal situation is they all get sidelined and have no greater power than any other patron within the setup.

there will have to be compromises to get new blood running the club IMO.

41 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

i think the BtB is still viable

if the MSG dilute their shares to 31% as originally agreed the have no chance of winning any votes because of their total contempt they seem to have for smaller shareholders, nobody is goni vote for them.

Ideal situation is they all get sidelined and have no greater power than any other patron within the setup.

there will have to be compromises to get new blood running the club IMO.

Pretty much this. IIRC the original BtB proposal wasn't to get the MSG out, it was to get enough of a share in the club to stop the MSG railroading through stupid decisions. 

7 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Pretty much this. IIRC the original BtB proposal wasn't to get the MSG out, it was to get enough of a share in the club to stop the MSG railroading through stupid decisions. 

Fair enough. The seeds of doubt are germinating for me after yesterday though. 

I think one of the good things about this is that our fanbase isn't divided. Things could be worse. The nightmare scenario is if you have say 40% of the fans agitating for change and another 40% backing the current mob.

Maybe stupidly, I'm pretty encouraged by yesterday. We learned nothing new about Miller or Alexander. They are what we thought they were. But our decent shareholder fans stepped up. 

There's definitely still a large minority of fans who would renew STs if Satan, Trump or Katie Hopkins bought us,but I've never seen such collective anger as this in 30 years, backed up by action. 

We might have to do this the hard way, but I'm much more assured than I was 3 months ago that we'll get this done