The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Why should we be willing to accept the lesser of two evils? 

She was complicit in the villifiying of the fans. Why hasnt she apologised publicly for that?

There are varying levels of interest in the business side of the club ranging from not interested to actively pursuing the board via EGMs, but the one thing we ALL have in common is that statement. It should never be allowed to slip past in a blur of business speak that no apology has been made. 

She apologised again today.  I have given her a lot of stick but i too felt sorry for her today. Shes been hung out to dry by the rest of the board but st least she is willing to admit she has made a complete mess of things whilst the rest are blaming each other.

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

They mentioned in the tribunal or what was reported on it at least they would not allow her to represent the case as she was a practising lawyer (how the f**k the SPFL/SFA work that one out i dont know)

That's fair enough, but it didn't stop her advising the club on the process and legality of picking up McKinnon.

The more you read about that, or hear, the more fly by night and shambolic we acted. 

That's gross incompetence. I'm pleased she's gone. We need better.

Just now, Boaby The Bairn said:

Not saying we should - giving my views on her vs the rest of the clowns and nothing more.

There might be a divided board, or a divided MSG. But none of them including ML has any right to the benefit of the doubt that they are somehow on the righteous side of that divide. ML like any of the others has had and could easily get in future, the required platform to speak out in defence of the fans. That none of them has renders any comparisons between them irrelevant. None of them deserve to be treated in isolation. They are one malevolent body. 

Interesting meeting. Some turnout for a friday morning! Was good to hear and get figures on why the academy was closed, can see the reasons behind the board's thinking however it (to me anyway) seems sheer incompetence that they didn't investigate the offer of outside finance to help keep it going. There also wasn't a real answer as to why st johnstone, partick, dundee u etc were happy with a non elite academy but we were elite or nothing. Stuff about statements and decisions being made outside the boardroom and other talk shows a board and MSG that just weren't working together. I would take some of what was said at face value, I do believe the board and MSG were/are trying there best for the club but as was admitted there were some horrendous errors, I really don't want to repeat the word incompetence over and over but the lack of cohesion within the board does give this impression. I didn't see or hear anything that suggested the MSG are just being greedy or out for themselves. It now comes down to the next few weeks and what happens with the takeover bids. If the board/MSG have learned anything from this then they need to work together on the takeovers and be open  and communicate with the support about what is happening. 

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

She apologised again today.  I have given her a lot of stick but i too felt sorry for her today. Shes been hung out to dry by the rest of the board but st least she is willing to admit she has made a complete mess of things whilst the rest are blaming each other.

I havent seen the apology mate. I am a fan, not a shareholder. As such no apology has been issued through any channel avaialble to me. 

A half hearted apology anecdotally passed on by a small number of the people who were slighted is worth the square root of f**k all. 

3 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Interesting meeting. Some turnout for a friday morning! Was good to hear and get figures on why the academy was closed, can see the reasons behind the board's thinking however it (to me anyway) seems sheer incompetence that they didn't investigate the offer of outside finance to help keep it going. There also wasn't a real answer as to why st johnstone, partick, dundee u etc were happy with a non elite academy but we were elite or nothing. Stuff about statements and decisions being made outside the boardroom and other talk shows a board and MSG that just weren't working together. I would take some of what was said at face value, I do believe the board and MSG were/are trying there best for the club but as was admitted there were some horrendous errors, I really don't want to repeat the word incompetence over and over but the lack of cohesion within the board does give this impression. I didn't see or hear anything that suggested the MSG are just being greedy or out for themselves. It now comes down to the next few weeks and what happens with the takeover bids. If the board/MSG have learned anything from this then they need to work together on the takeovers and be open  and communicate with the support about what is happening. 

I would take some of the academy figures with a huge pinch of salt. 320k seems a huge figure to run a progressive  academy . Are we really meant to think that morton and ayr sre spending that kind of money on theirs?  Mick Mccardle also said he could run it on 150k if they used stirling and less if they used tfs.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

This was my first AGM / EGM (thanks for the proxy BPM) so it's the first time I've heard SA speaking before.

I thought he came across terribly.

He then said that he'd read somewhere about someone who wouldn't renew his ST until the MSG were gone. At which point he said the guy would never be back at TFS,  because he at least wasn't going anywhere.

Thanks for posting the update Bainsford, much appreciated.

I’m assuming “Superfan” is planning on living forever judging by this statement. Isn’t the arrogant auld p***k about 70? 

You wont beat me Alexander. I’m a stubborn c**t who’s quite content to attend away games only for as long as it takes. I’ll still be here long after you’re gone, so f**k you!!

Surely no one can be really surprised by today? However even the most ardent MSG apologists must now accept that they don’t wish to relinquish any meaningful control and their motivation seems to be a mixture of greed, vindictiveness and/or arrogance. For me only constant and relentless protest will chase them out the door and that means going to games and vocalising how many feel.

21 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Was good to hear and get figures on why the academy was closed, can see the reasons behind the board's thinking however it (to me anyway) seems sheer incompetence that they didn't investigate the offer of outside finance to help keep it going. There also wasn't a real answer as to why st johnstone, partick, dundee u etc were happy with a non elite academy but we were elite or nothing.

I'd be keen to know this as well. Did they actually assess the potential impact of not being in the elite group? It's all well and good saying we wouldn't have attracted the same calibre of player, but how would it have worked in practice? You could argue that there's already an unwritten hierarchy in the academies (where the top talent will tend to choose the Glasgow and Edinburgh clubs) and we more than held our own.

Edited by lanky_ffc

Is their any point in looking at takeover bids when SA doesn’t want to relinquish control of the club?

This EGM has pretty much showed how much of a divide there is within the MSG. Sandy Alexander was fully backing the BTB bid, which coupled with his comments today, show he still wanted to hold shares and be involved in the club. You also have some of them who have actively seeked a buyer because they want cash.

Where do we go from here?

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I havent seen the apology mate. I am a fan, not a shareholder. As such no apology has been issued through any channel avaialble to me. 

A half hearted apology anecdotally passed on by a small number of the people who were slighted is worth the square root of f**k all. 

She admitted that the racism statement was drafted / approved by a combination of her, Craig Campbell and a former unpaid PR advisor and that they got it badly wrong. She apologised multiple times for it and when asked if the club would issue a statement to that affect said that would be up to the current board, which she later offered to resign from. 

I got the impression that she'd be happy to do it but have a suspicion that the others wouldn't be so keen. Least said soonest mended, and all that. 

Yes, she got it wrong and if she's leaving then she's paid the price for it. 

8 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

She admitted that the racism statement was drafted / approved by a combination of her, Craig Campbell and a former unpaid PR advisor and that they got it badly wrong. She apologised multiple times for it and when asked if the club would issue a statement to that affect said that would be up to the current board, which she later offered to resign from. 

I got the impression that she'd be happy to do it but have a suspicion that the others wouldn't be so keen. Least said soonest mended, and all that. 

I get where you are coming from, and I appreciate that there might need to be a middle ground between what we want and what they want where some of these people remain in place. I also get that its best for the discourse to remain civil. 

That said, I cant move past that statement until it is remedied in public. Again, apologising to a select room of shareholders is NOT an apology. Call me petty if you want, I wont let that go though. It was and still is fucking disgraceful behaviour and cant be remedied with anything less than a full public apology, without their trademark wee snide dig at the end. 

14 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It's been , what, 6 months since they lied about the racism charge? 

They were quick enough to rush to the website to lie about the fanbase, with no regard to the actual police investigation.

What's stopped her apologising since then?

1 hour ago, ANEWHOPE said:

Surely no one can be really surprised by today? However even the most ardent MSG apologists must now accept that they don’t wish to relinquish any meaningful control and their motivation seems to be a mixture of greed, vindictiveness and/or arrogance. For me only constant and relentless protest will chase them out the door and that means going to games and vocalising how many feel.

I don’t think they’d care how vocal the fans were. They know the majority want them gone, but they’re still here. They’ll sit smugly in their prime seats while chuckling amongst themselves that we’re all still paying our way. I still maintain that the only way to oust these b*****ds is to give them f**k all. That won’t be this season due to the ST sales but PATG punters can still make a difference as can ST renewal time next season. 

Unless a full statement is made to the effect that they got it badly wrong, our club and fans will be regarded as racist for years to come and we'll be paying the price.

5 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

It's been , what, 6 months since they lied about the racism charge? 

They were quick enough to rush to the website to lie about the fanbase, with no regard to the actual police investigation.

What's stopped her apologising since then?

I have no idea; I can only make assumptions from what I witnessed today. 

If she does leave, then perhaps her departure statement could include an acceptance of responsibility for the incident and an apology for it. I think she's man enough (pardon the pun) to do so while others would never even consider the idea that they got it wrong. 

Whether such a statement would ever get board approval for publishing remains to be seen.