The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

I dont even think its him tbh its the rest that are the issue i think, but he said himself he wishes there was more trust, the minute thats gone there is no way back everyone knows that.  Seem to be a lot of them wanting more though, more trust, working together, funny that theres only one half of the party that has burned the bridges though

He wishes there was more trust, but he wants it for free. Despite, not because of the action of those in charge of the club. 

"It should be done this way cos its been done this way for ages" is ignorance on a grand scale and fits in with the "It's ma baw" narrative. The bottom line is this. These people are submitting love of the club in their case for the defence. Fucking bullshit. Love of the club would allow for some modicum of remorse, self-evaluation, and recognition that the club ahs not only failed in its stated aims of getting to the Premiership, but has also fucked its budget, fucked its community status, fucked its relationship with the fans and ultimately been unceremoniously shat out of the arse end of the Championship under their watch, and then result in willingness to change and adapt. 

Sandy wants to do it the same way as its always been done though, cos it's his baw.

Might seem trivial but I am really hopjng for someone to push them for a public apology to the fans over the Dennon Lewis affair and the bullshit Ritchie spouted about CC.

Specially the racism thing though. Theres no way these people should be allowed to abuse their position to publicly spread lies then not apologise
The wrongly accused turned up at the EGM today after a court of law had thown out his racism charge, told the board the courts decision and asked for an apology, he kind of got one.

2 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:
2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
Might seem trivial but I am really hopjng for someone to push them for a public apology to the fans over the Dennon Lewis affair and the bullshit Ritchie spouted about CC.

Specially the racism thing though. Theres no way these people should be allowed to abuse their position to publicly spread lies then not apologise

The wrongly accused turned up at the EGM today after a court of law had thown out his racism charge, told the board the courts decision and asked for an apology, he kind of got one.

That was a piss poor effort of an apology despite it being brought into National press and highlighted his apology goes as far as a room full of people at an EGM and if no one brought it up it wouldnt have even been mentioned.

2 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:
2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Well played that man. What a thoroughly shameful stain on that board the whole racism shambles has been. Just catching up on all of this now and I must say it has confirmed what many had feared. This board are not interested in any other advice, direction or indeed of any self reflection. The worst state of "leaders" to be in. I really hope the footballing side gets off to a good start because they off the field stuff is an absolute shambles 

1 minute ago, southstand_bairn said:

Well played that man. What a thoroughly shameful stain on that board the whole racism shambles has been. Just catching up on all of this now and I must say it has confirmed what many had feared. This board are not interested in any other advice, direction or indeed of any self reflection. The worst state of "leaders" to be in. I really hope the footballing side gets off to a good start because they off the field stuff is an absolute shambles 

If the team start struggling this could turn really nasty

These people aren't going to go easily. The amount of season ticket renewals has somewhat pulled the rug from anyone planning to withhold their custom. I wonder if it is now the time to to simply turn every home game into a protest? Fans not turning up wont be noticed by these people. Constant bombardment of abuse from the stands will

Proxies received prior to the meeting - including that of largest shareholder Sandy Alexander who indicated he was against the motion - totalled 64% of the company moving against the motion, and 5% for.

Somebody called this a few days ago

1 minute ago, NewBornBairn said:

Somebody called this a few days ago

lex wasn't wanting to do a show of hands at the end as 64% had already voted against by proxy

Keith insisted there was one anyway.

I looked around when asked who votes against the motion and couldn't see a single hand

20 minutes ago, southstand_bairn said:

I really hope the footballing side gets off to a good start because they off the field stuff is an absolute shambles 

This is exactly what they are banking on. A few decent early results/performances, the proles will quickly forget all about this and everything can get back to business as usual. For that reason, on and off-pitch issues should be viewed as entirely separate matters from now on.  Hopefully the away support at Somerset tomorrow will make things crystal clear to them, whatever is happening on the field. 

That says it all for me:

Three shareholders rejected the motion with the overwhelming number in the room for the lunchtime meeting raising their hand for the vote of no confidence in the board, however the resolution was defeated by the pre-meeting proxy votes submitted.

6 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Has David Oliver's phone ran out of juice or what?

This....

If the Falkirk Herald has any sense, they'd pick up on the point raised regarding the racism claim and mention the apology. Would go some way to clearing some of the unjustified  bad reputation our support was tarnished with, as well as the wrongly accused individual.

Having something in the media clarifying the true outcome of the false claim would go some way to provide a point of reference any time our name is dragged thru the mud and I'm sure our fans would appreciate the herald for doing so