The Falkirk FC Thread

Many thanks to everyone who completed the recent survey. The forthcoming EGM is only open to shareholders, so it is essential that the voice of the wider supporter base is also heard – our club belongs to all of us. A huge sample - over 1000 fans - completed the survey and the results are conclusive. More than 90% of Falkirk supporters have no confidence in the Board of Directors.

Furthermore, there’s little variation in this view, between shareholders and non-shareholders or season ticket holders versus those who pay at the gate. Significantly, more than half of the 729 supporters who had a season ticket last season, haven’t renewed for this season, with a big difference between the Main and South stands. Critically, 82% of those who haverenewed also have no confidence, so season ticket renewal does not mean support for the Board. Amongst those who have not renewed their season ticket, 98% express no confidence in the Board and 86% of the reasons given for non-renewal relate to the Board and/or MSG. Worryingly those who pledged to support Back the Bairns have a higher level of no confidence (92%) than non-pledgers (86%), suggesting that the Board has disproportionately damaged relationships with potential investors.

Survey results can be found below.

Shareholders are reminded that participation in the survey does not count as your vote at EGM, and that proxy votes should be submitted by those unable to attend. Vote FOR the resolution if you have no confidence in the Board. For those who can attend, the EGM is at 10am on Friday 19th July in the South Stand (Behind the Goals) at the Falkirk Stadium.

Thanks again for your participation.

Falkirk FC EGM – Supporters Survey

·         1083 Falkirk Supporters responded

·         90.4 % (979) have NO CONFIDENCE in the Board

Of 1083: 188 are shareholders, 895 are non-shareholders

·         90% (169) of shareholders have NO CONFIDENCE in the Board

·         91% (814) of non-shareholders have NO CONFIDENCE in the Board

Of 1083: 679 pledged to invest in Back the Bairns (BTB), 404didn’t pledge investment

·         92% (626) of BTB pledgers have NO CONFIDENCE in the Board

·         86% (349) of non-pledgers have NO CONFIDENCE in the Board

Of 1083: 729 held a Season Ticket last season, 354 were non-ST holders

·         90% (654) of ST holders have NO CONFIDENCE in the Board

·         90% (320) of non-ST holders have NO CONFIDENCE in the Board

Of 729 Season Ticket holders last season:

·         50.5% (368) have not renewed for this season

·         49.5% (361) have renewed for this season

·         Renewal rate in Main Stand is 70% (176/250)

·         Renewal rate in South Stand is 39% (185/479)

Of 361 Season Ticket Renewers:

·         82% (295) have NO CONFIDENCE in the Board

Of 368 Season Ticket Non-Renewers:

·         98% (359) have NO CONFIDENCE in the Board

·         86% of reasons given for non-renewal (307/357) relate to Board and/or MSG.

o   43% (153) Board

o   8% (28) MSG

o   35% (126) Board and MSG

·         Other reasons include price, family commitments, work location and quality of football

146 Supporters are both Shareholders AND held a Season Ticket last season

·         85% (124) have NO CONFIDENCE in the Board

·         55% (80) have renewed their Season Ticket for this season

·         45% (66) have not renewed their Season Ticket for this season

Thanks again for taking part.

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

Are we 100% out of the reserve league then? 

Yes. The money saved by not having one has gone to the first team, as seen, I think, by the experience and quality of the players we've signed.

I had a look at the Stranraer team last night. Apart from the two ex-Falkirk lads, the only name I recognised was Jamie Hamill from his time at Hearts. Whereas everyone Falkirk have signed recently has spent their careers at a higher level. 

Clear results from the survey, but of course, that incompetent shower currently in charge will no doubt dismiss this as irrelevant.

By the way, someone saw Blair Malcom watching the Stranraer game, but what I wonder is what potential investors, with the exception of BTB,  have been watching (and I'm inclined to believe none)

7 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Yes. The money saved by not having one has gone to the first team, as seen, I think, by the experience and quality of the players we've signed.

I had a look at the Stranraer team last night. Apart from the two ex-Falkirk lads, the only name I recognised was Jamie Hamill from his time at Hearts. Whereas everyone Falkirk have signed recently has spent their careers at a higher level. 

Boy thomson has played a lot of games for Dunfermline at that level and championship and the boy Mcmanus hs also played a fair number of games at champ level with Alloa.

4 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I agree it's the right thing to do in the short term with the hope we can restart the reserve and (one day) the youth teams in the future once the club is more settled. Getting back to the championship at the first time of asking will do a lot to arrest the clubs decline of the past couple of seasons. Especially if we've got a mostly settled team for next year too that can kick on with a small number of additions, instead of rebuilding the team every six months!

I just have a niggling worry about any long term injuries.

1 minute ago, ilostmyself said:

I agree it's the right thing to do in the short term with the hope we can restart the reserve and (one day) the youth teams in the future once the club is more settled. Getting back to the championship at the first time of asking will do a lot to arrest the clubs decline of the past couple of seasons. Especially if we've got a mostly settled team for next year too that can kick on with a small number of additions, instead of rebuilding the team every six months!

I just have a niggling worry about any long term injuries.

Wasnt so bad when the emergency loan was about but now if we have any injuries we're going to be light on subs.

11 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Wasnt so bad when the emergency loan was about but now if we have any injuries we're going to be light on subs.

Speculation on my part, but I think you might see a number of trialists if that were the case. Over the last couple of years we've regularly brought in folk for a couple of games with the reserves. Usually leading to wildly inaccurate rumours as to who there were on the messageboards.

22 hours ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

Clear results from the survey, but of course, that incompetent shower currently in charge will no doubt dismiss this as irrelevant.

They will of course, these meetings generally are promote good and ignore bad or use a loophole to quieten the bad, the only loophole I see is it was only 90% or so that had no faith in the board !!

We have only two that I've witnessed where the owners couldn't polish the turd they have created, I've a feeling it will be the same at the EGM, tho they still have the keys to our club and if we fail to go up this season, we will be in serious trouble financially.

Edited by MrDust

31 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Boy thomson has played a lot of games for Dunfermline at that level and championship and the boy Mcmanus hs also played a fair number of games at champ level with Alloa.

McManus and Thomson were their best players in my opinion thought McManus looked the better of the two.

Edited by BairnNecessity

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Of 729 Season Ticket holders last season:

·         50.5% (368) have not renewed for this season

·         49.5% (361) have renewed for this season

·         Renewal rate in Main Stand is 70% (176/250)

·         Renewal rate in South Stand is 39% (185/479)

This is really striking! Without getting into telling anyone what they should or shouldn't do, the MS lot really do seem like going along is just a habit.

32 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Speculation on my part, but I think you might see a number of trialists if that were the case. Over the last couple of years we've regularly brought in folk for a couple of games with the reserves. Usually leading to wildly inaccurate rumours as to who there were on the messageboards.

I forgot that we're now at that low level that trialists are allowed in league games. At least that gives us one way out of an injury crisis.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Wathcing highlights, Robbie Mutch definitely making more of an effort to command his area.

I like Robbie Mutch as a keeper and i'd have been quite happy to see him as our first choice this year rather than splashing out on Cammy Bell. He's got a few mistakes in him but that's because he's not had enough first team experience to iron them out. Came and collected quite a few cross balls last night and was quick off his line for anything over the top(a little to quick for Dixon at one point that was nearly a disaster)