The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It's true though.

The deal was confirmed late last night and he signed the paperwork in Dingwall this morning. He was travelling down the road today.

It would have been pointless for him to visit the stadium in the afternoon for a photocall when he'll be here this evening anyway.

Fair enough then, I'll let you off with it.

4 minutes ago, ANEWHOPE said:

Does signing another striker suggest that McKinnon will be moving from type and be more attack minded that he has in the past? Hope so. Squad looks good but still a little threadbare.

We had about 6 on the books last season and he still played one up top so i wouldnt get your hoped up just yet.

IMO The EGM won't heal any divisions regardless of what is said. The point of no return was passed some time ago. The last bridges were burned with the departure statement of Craig Campbell.

What I was really saying was let’s get a plan that will bring everyone back together and see the club recover from its lowest ebb for 40 odd years.

Whatever happens the way it is currently has to change as you say the divide is now too large to bridge without that.

10 minutes ago, ANEWHOPE said:

Does signing another striker suggest that McKinnon will be moving from type and be more attack minded that he has in the past? Hope so. Squad looks good but still a little threadbare.

We will need to be more attacking, the majority if not all will come to the TFS looking for a point and in a high percentage the same at their home game.

I did fancy a 3-5-2 formation for this league but seeing as we are running a tighter squad number, 4-4-2 is easier on the squad numbers required or indeed 4 at the back in any formation

Edited by MrDust

What I was really saying was let’s get a plan that will bring everyone back together and see the club recover from its lowest ebb for 40 odd years.

Whatever happens the way it is currently has to change as you say the divide is now too large to bridge without that.
This is my big hope from Friday. I am hoping Lex and co. attend the meeting looking to work with the fans for the good of the club as I want back to the matches.

If this doesn't happen the gap between the board and fans with the same mindset as me will just widen.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Wait, do people that matter actually read this rubbish,

or have they got me on Ignore too?

people had you on ignore but most people keep quoting you so  we still see it, your pretty much on a par with Latapy/Edi bairn and hes been blocked by most of us only one missing is Branch Ton to complete the trio.

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

This is my big hope from Friday. I am hoping Lex and co. attend the meeting looking to work with the fans for the good of the club as I want back to the matches.

If this doesn't happen the gap between the board and fans with the same mindset as me will just widen.

Thats the thing with all thats happened i think all the bridges are burned and its difficult for to see any way for them to continue., well they will continue but f**k knows the way forward to bridge any gap between fans and board end of the day they got the club into this mess they can get it out.

Thats the thing with all thats happened i think all the bridges are burned and its difficult for to see any way for them to continue., well they will continue but f**k knows the way forward to bridge any gap between fans and board end of the day they got the club into this mess they can get it out.
The only way I can see things being mended is if they agree to work with the btb group.

They will 100% say they will work the fans, but words are easy. There has to be concrete plans and action put in place, and no backing out of it again

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:
4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

The only way I can see things being mended is if they agree to work with the btb group.

I think there would need to be an element of peoples egos being deflated a bit and a bit of backing down to be done for that to happen, never know they might surprise us but as BPM said they all want different things some want out, some want to stay who knows how its going to pan out but i still reckon whoever was interested in the club has walked away now as its all gone quiet.

33 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

We had about 6 on the books last season and he still played one up top so i wouldnt get your hoped up just yet.

With the exception of Rudden, none of them were footballers/

24 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

W.or have they got me on Ignore too?

Ruh roh, sounds like we've got ghosts.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Still a right brasser though. I reckin playing at half pelt you should still be able to pump them and at worst lose by the odd goal. I wouldve been furious to see any falkirk team lose  heavily by that margin to two piss poor part time teams that hadn't kicked a ball all season.

Literally couldn't have cared less tbh. 

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Nah, I could maybe see it being the case if it was season after season but I thought it was great when we utterly bossed this league.

I thought it was quite shite tbf, was incredibly boring by the end.