The Falkirk FC Thread

He gets promoted to the Premiership, signs a new 1 year deal and then gets instantly loaned out to a League 1club. You can't describe that as anything other than bizarre! 
McManus burnt his bridges with us. You will love him as he hates us now.  

My guess is the one year thing kicked in after a set number of games and the club had to honour it.

Football is really weird. McManus loved bamming up the Falkirk fans when we scored against them and now they're delighted he'll play for them.
This isn't unique to you guys at all, just shows how fickle we all are.

Yep, and we all fall for it hook, line and sinker every single time.

Football is really weird. McManus loved bamming up the Falkirk fans when we scored against them and now they're delighted he'll play for them.
Myles Hippolyte likes this.

19 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It is a bit.

I've been there in that division and it was rubbish.   Surely only OF fans can get kicks out of winning mismatches.

'GET DOWN AND STAY DOWN, YOU' S ARE SHITE HAHAHA, ENJOY PETERHEAD HAHAHA'

sign, on paper at least, a team that should be capable of winning a good majority of games in that league

'AYE... WELL... ITS SHITE WINNING EVERY WEEK ANYWAY HAHAHA' 

Go figure. 

2 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

sign, on paper at least, a team that should be capable of winning a good majority of games in that league

Go figure. 

"Winning every week will be shite for yous"

Alexa, translate.

"Mashing refresh on flashscore League One every week despite my team playing in a different league won't fulfill my empty life"

Cheers Alexa. 

3 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Nah, I could maybe see it being the case if it was season after season but I thought it was great when we utterly bossed this league.

I'm hopeful we won't leak 7 goals in two games against Airdrie and Stranraer mind you. That was a bit of a riddie.

Just now, Believe The Hype said:

Go figure. 

I didn't really say any of the top stuff, other than 'GET DOWN' and 'HAHAHA'.

If I had though, there would be no contradiction with the lower part which I'm saying now.

From the outside, it's hilarious that you got relegated.  However, you were strong favourites to come straight back up as champions, even before this signing spree.

Thinking it was funny seeing you go down, and anticipating some hollow boredom in getting back up, are perfectly compatible positions.

No figuring required.

Can't wait to be bored shitless every week for an entire season after the last two seasons of being talked down off high ledges after pretty much every game.

MT must be one weird fucking guy.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

"Winning every week will be shite for yous"

Alexa, translate.

"Mashing refresh on flashscore League One every week despite my team playing in a different league won't fulfill my empty life"

Cheers Alexa. 

"shite for yous"!   What sort of animal do you take me for?

Back to wild speculation about me I see.  If I wasn't above it, I'd point to it as evidence of people being 'rattled' or somesuch. 

12 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Football fans are very patriotic. You are either with us or against us.

It's good thought that level headed fans know where the line is

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'm hopeful we won't leak 7 goals in two games against Airdrie and Stranraer mind you. That was a bit of a riddie.

We'd been champions for weeks so I promise you that no one on Earth gave two shits about those results.

They weren't so much on the beach by that point as sitting on the balcony, eating Lays crisps and trying not to spew.