The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Aye, wonder where this leaves Johnstone. Will he be happy enough dropping a level to be third choice striker?

I'd think giving his recent injury record he'll be glad to get a full time gig with anyone.

Aye, wonder where this leaves Johnstone. Will he be happy enough dropping a level to be third choice striker?
He is on a short deal to prove himself so I guess he can walk if he wants but he will be looking to bag himself a 2 year deal probably. I imagine he will get every chance to prove himself. We will need 3 strikers surely.

McManus is a cracking signing for you guys. The laddie has a hell of an engine in him, and will run riot at league one level. 

He will do the dirty work for your strikers, and will set up plenty for them. Not a great finisher at championship level, but I think he’ll bang a few in for you  in league one. 

I think you guys will be very pleased with McManus. 

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
11 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

He is on a short deal to prove himself so I guess he can walk if he wants but he will be looking to bag himself a 2 year deal probably. I imagine he will get every chance to prove himself. We will need 3 strikers surely.

Hope so, I think that's a great 3 to choose from. Odd that's it's out in the papers before the website but hopefully they're just waiting till everything is set in stone.

the clubs done great business so far, would love the numbers to be beefed up by some cheaper signings but that's another matter, seems like Ray has taken the complete opposite approach to Hartleys pin the tail on the donkey recruitment strategy. 

Cant help wondering if the Will Vaulks sell on is what's allowing us to have this sort of budget in L1.

I dont want to speak too soon here, but we are without doubt seeing the difference in what is possible between January and Summer. And so far based on nothing more than the style, and quality of player targeted and acquired, I am happy with Rays work.

If you look at what cost us last season (things you can lay at Mckinnons door) it would be January recruitment lacking quality (we know) and failure to set up to attack.

It does seems like he is capably addressing those deficiencies at the moment.

42 minutes ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

remember that time we were all shiting ourselves as we had no strikers 😁

If we do sign up Johnstone, that surely means we are looking to play two up top, which is extremely pleasing.

35 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

If we're going to play two up front we'll need four senior strikers. One more please Ray 

Can't Leitch play up there, also both Connolly and MacLean can play off a striker. 

Edited by MrDust

Bloody good squad you guys are assembling there. Hope you can drag rovers back up, and we can stay up next season. 

Looking forward to our friendly banter again if all the stars line up 😀👍