The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

"Rattled", "seething" etc.  It's all a bit silly isn't it?

Saying something stupid and being criticised for it amounts to a victory?  Is that really how it works?  I'm actually capable, as I suspect others maybe are too, of objecting, moaning, scoffing etc without wetting knickers, wringing hands or any other daft wee phrases.  

Try to be more original in your use of words.  It makes for a better read.

Finding a Houston quote is very desperate and very needy, you have now bypassed Morton fans on needy stakes.

Well done you 

19 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Saying something stupid and being criticised for it amounts to a victory?  Is that really how it works?  I'm actually capable, as I suspect others maybe are too, of objecting, moaning, scoffing etc without wetting knickers, wringing hands or any other daft wee phrases.  

There's a big difference on P&B between having a genuine grievance -and the kind of knicker-wetting you allude to above. Fall in to the latter category and you're going to get called out on it.

33 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

giphy-15.gif.d692a47c290cbfd763a567733c1ea35c.gif

Must. Reply. Every. Single. Time.

Can't. Get. Off. Falkirk. Thread. 

Help. 

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

Finding a Houston quote is very desperate and very needy, you have now bypassed Morton fans on needy stakes.

Well done you 

What are you on about now?  What quote did I "find"?  

Is it the one about "journeymen" that someone else brought up?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

38 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

There's a big difference on P&B between having a genuine grievance -and the kind of knicker-wetting you allude to above. Fall in to the latter category and you're going to get called out on it.

In what way did I fall into a knicker wetting category?  

Sinmply saying something doesn't necessarily render it true I'm afraid.

There would have been a reporter from the local paper at that fan meeting. If were a journalist, I'd be asking my counterpart in Dumfries to inquire at the next press conference if QOS were really paying two grand a week. The fact that no such denial ever came out suggests to me that there was more than a grain of truth in it. 
Besides which, as ordinary football fans, we don't care if the comments were measured or sober. We just enjoyed the fact that it rattled you lot and your band of journeymen so much. [emoji16]
Press conference lol

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

No idea why MT is so rattled about comments made years ago by Houston. We did have relative success under him too - a Scottish Cup Final and two second place finishes to Sevco and Hibs. Obviously Hartley completely fucked us last season and our BoD are a bit of a shambles but I'm actually quite looking forward to this season and the bounce promotion should give us in 2020

Felt sorry for Houston and how it all ended for him. As you said 2 second places and a cup final and we were playing some sparkling stuff and a never say die attitude.

The squad needed rebuilding with some players needing to be moved on and other in demand at other clubs Alston , Vaulks and Sibbald who were the best balanced midfield we have had for years and it was obvious they would get a chance to play at a higher level and good luck to them.

What we got was McKee and Baird and the rest is history.

Suspect Houston did not get the financial backing required. Houston was a great player for us and gave us some memorable moments as our manager.

Hope in time he will be remembered for that and not his unfortunate demise. 

If you weren't before you'd definitely be expecting Falkirk to walk it now. Not exactly prolific in the championship but his pace and power will scare the shit out of every full back in the league and gives you a good combination with Sammon.

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Bit like Shankland I suppose. Boy just realises his level.

He could easily play in the Championship. Wonder if there is a deal with Falkirk lined up at the end of the season?

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

No idea about the first, but as the job only takes a short time once you get hold of his last club and four days have passed I imagine it's sorted. 

I won't be at the stadium before evening. 

Does that mean your services have already been utilised?  Or will you be somewhere else with your trusted camera?