The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Good news indeed but even though our squad is decent quality for this level we need a bigger squad mate. Hopefully Ray see’s that.

20 players with loans included in that number would what I would consider the bare minimum

11 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
11 hours ago, AL-FFC said:
What your trying to say is never argue with an idiot they will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Maybe hes not an idiot per se. He comes across as one when he speaks about the football side. 

Have Dallison and Harrison shown us what they’re made of after all the reactionary shite yet?

I concur and would maybe even say 22 but it’s getting tight to bring on that many players. I hope we don’t f**k this up.

Hardly tight. We've got over a month till the window closes. I can see us getting a couple of loans in the last week of the window

5 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

We were looking at getting a young guy from a top flight club on loan. That club were expecting us to pay the guys wages, around £800 a week, in full. We backed off. Like it or not, that's where we are right now. Axing the youth set up looks even more stupid by the week.

Dallas from Sevco

I know it's a non starter for many reasons but it would be great if at half time us in the South Stand could walk along the far side of the pitch and go and sit in the north stand, if we were kicking in that direction.  Something like the bridge at brockville but with no away fans.

Was more fun with away fans.

11 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

We were looking at getting a young guy from a top flight club on loan. That club were expecting us to pay the guys wages, around £800 a week, in full. We backed off. 

4 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Dallas from Sevco

1 minute ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Nope, young guy from St Johnstone I believe. Probably the boy that went there summer summer for sweeties.

St Johnstone pay young kids £800P/W who aren't even good enough for the bench?

2 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Nope, young guy from St Johnstone I believe. Probably the boy that went there summer summer for sweeties.

I can't imagine any of our young players earn £800 a week. Danny Swanson is one of highest earners on £1500 a week

14 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

St Johnstone pay young kids £800P/W who aren't even good enough for the bench?

When Danny handling got his first Hibs contract he was on basic £900 p/w before any bonuses for appearances.

17 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Only passing on what I was told. Might be a load of shite. Loads of nonsense going around at the moment.

Your salary figure is a bit high but other than that the story is accurate. Ray told it to some visitors last week and named the player. I was in the room at the time, hence how I know.

I don't think it would be fair to put the guy's name online. The only Scottish footballer whose wages should ever be given out is Stephen Dobbie, just because of the absolutely rage it caused the QOS fans when Houstie did it. :)

5 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Your salary figure is a bit high but other than that the story is accurate. Ray told it to some visitors last week and named the player. I was in the room at the time, hence how I know.

I don't think it would be fair to put the guy's name online. The only Scottish footballer whose wages should ever be given out is Stephen Dobbie, just because of the absolutely rage it caused the QOS fans when Houstie did it. :)

Was St Johnstone correct?

4 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Unsure whether the Declan McManus was a pisstake rumour. Longridge and Connolly are guid mates and he’s been released by Dunfermline. Wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up coming to us.

They didn't overlap at Dunfermline, McManus signed for Ross County (not released) last pre season which is when we signed Longridge and Connolly. 

Although they might have overlapped at Raith? 

Given the st Johnstone youth player was maybe on what £500-600 a week which they wanted us to foot the bill for I can't see McManus being on less given moneybags McGregor is paying the bill for that club. He won't be signing unless it's a loan with county paying some of his wages imo.