The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, Sanity check needed. said:

Would rather just a 10 odd step covered terrace / safe standing than a full blown stand like the other 3 stands 

We could go retro with it. Put on a rusty corrugated iron roof then have a bit of excitement during games hoping the ball does not hit the roof with you underneath it  and shower you with rust.

Bit of nostalgia for those that enjoyed the covered terracing at Brockville.

Would have thought the requirement for emergency exits and access routes for emergency services would eat into that space. I don't think they're ever going to do anything with it now unfortunately - especially given the money they've pished up the wall in the last couple of years.

I know it's a non starter for many reasons but it would be great if at half time us in the South Stand could walk along the far side of the pitch and go and sit in the north stand, if we were kicking in that direction.  Something like the bridge at brockville but with no away fans.

I know it's a non starter for many reasons but it would be great if at half time us in the South Stand could walk along the far side of the pitch and go and sit in the north stand, if we were kicking in that direction.  Something like the bridge at brockville but with no away fans.

I love that about Brechin.

5 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Unsure whether the Declan McManus was a pisstake rumour. Longridge and Connolly are guid mates and he’s been released by Dunfermline. Wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up coming to us.

He was are St Mirren for pre season. Can’t see him at that level, Ray had him at Raith alongside Connolly and I think the majority would be happy with him signing.

Has anyone used falkirk TV on an android phone before? Does it work OK? Asking before I shell out £8 and a tantrum when it doesn't work.

In the meantime, quit the cock teasing, giving it the eyes.

We all expected a smaller squad for this league.  On the plus side our signings so far have been much better than at least I was expecting, but yes, it is worrying we don't have a few more at this stage. Having only two outfield players on the bench was embarrassing and looked more like a BB sunday team than a professional football team.

1 minute ago, mic_17_uk said:

Has anyone used falkirk TV on an android phone before? Does it work OK? Asking before I shell out £8 and a tantrum when it doesn't work.

In the meantime, quit the cock teasing, giving it the eyes.

yes it works fine.  I listen to the commentary regularly.

We all expected a smaller squad for this league.  On the plus side our signings so far have been much better than at least I was expecting, but yes, it is worrying we don't have a few more at this stage. Having only two outfield players on the bench was embarrassing and looked more like a BB sunday team than a professional football team.

18 is far too skinny. A couple of injuries a red card, couple of suspensions and we are fucked. It needs another 2/3 IMO.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
13 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
Well hope so but 3 subs is not ideal mate.

Ray said Gomis would train today and Leitchs papers shpuld be through. Its only 3 subs if those two arent bottomed out

Good news indeed but even though our squad is decent quality for this level we need a bigger squad mate. Hopefully Ray see’s that.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I can’t see the club not losing at least 1000 fans (25% overall) whether that is due to relegation and the shite opposition or the actions of the Board/MSG who knows. For sure if I was running their business I would want to know why.

How the fuk we got bigger crowds and kept them last season is a question that surely can't be answered.

Relegation, shit fitba and shit manager appointment will see drop in figures like it did last relegation.