The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I blame McKinnon for us dropping a division, the buck falls back to the board for appointing him but I'd guess more folk won't be back due last season's football and league we are in than blaming the board or 50/50 at worst.

Yes they  appointed Mckinnon. Costing us a bloody fortune whilst doing so.

Edited by Shodwall cat

I blame McKinnon for us dropping a division, the buck falls back to the board for appointing him but I'd guess more folk won't be back due last season's football and league we are in than blaming the board or 50/50 at worst.

Bucks stop. They dont fall.

I read your post and thought you had misspelt f**k balls. I dont know why you would be writing f**k balls but thats what I thought.

Wasn't there on Saturday but am going on tuesday. Will take in the EGM, never been to any shareholder meetings before but want to hear things first hand instead of people's opinions masquerading as fact. From edi bairn's itk stuff to the other side giving the board's being greedy etc why would anyone invest in a medium sized Scottish football club to make money?? So will see how it goes friday and take things from there.

Hi lads. just a quick one. What's Jordan McGhee like? We seem to have patched the idea of him playing at RB (Although he'll no doubt be our cover option across the back line) and are playing him as a ball playing CH in our friendlies and Betfred Cup game so far. He looked confident on the ball and the type that'd put his career on the line just to make a block. Seems competent in the air and will be a decent addition to our back line.

I might be wrong but I'm sure you lot weren't too bothered when he left (As I'd imagine you were over most considering what happened), so what's his pros and what's his cons?

10 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Wasn't there on Saturday but am going on tuesday. Will take in the EGM, never been to any shareholder meetings before but want to hear things first hand instead of people's opinions masquerading as fact. From edi bairn's itk stuff to the other side giving the board's being greedy etc why would anyone invest in a medium sized Scottish football club to make money?? So will see how it goes friday and take things from there.

Its not easy to work out whether the board are being greedy or just being as incompetent as they normally are to be honest.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hi lads. just a quick one. What's Jordan McGhee like? We seem to have patched the idea of him playing at RB (Although he'll no doubt be our cover option across the back line) and are playing him as a ball playing CH in our friendlies and Betfred Cup game so far. He looked confident on the ball and the type that'd put his career on the line just to make a block. Seems competent in the air and will be a decent addition to our back line.

I might be wrong but I'm sure you lot weren't too bothered when he left (As I'd imagine you were over most considering what happened), so what's his pros and what's his cons?

Was never very impressed with him in the air and he got bullied about too much which was why he tended to play more at right back.  Can't see him being the right choice in a back 4 but in a back 3 he'll do alright if the other two are physical and can dominate in the air.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

hes defo a better center back that RB, would have been happy for him to stay............f**king hell just remembered Hartley playing him LB at the start of last season.

Edited by falkirkzombie

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

Was never very impressed with him in the air and he got bullied about too much which was why he tended to play more at right back.  Can't see him being the right choice in a back 4 but in a back 3 he'll do alright if the other two are physical and can dominate in the air.

He played alongside Meekings on Saturday and was excellent, but tbf, he was only up against a 16 year old striker. Jordon Forster and Josh Meekings are very good in the air so he'll be alright in the 3 (Which is one of the tactics we have worked on). He mentioned in his pre-match interview that all the managers at Falkirk consistently told him he was too small to ever be a CH so that checks out.

Cheers.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

He played alongside Meekings on Saturday and was excellent, but tbf, he was only up against a 16 year old striker. Jordon Forster and Josh Meekings are very good in the air so he'll be alright in the 3 (Which is one of the tactics we have worked on). He mentioned in his pre-match interview that all the managers at Falkirk consistently told him he was too small to ever be a CH so that checks out.

Cheers.

Aye he should be okay sweeping for the likes of them two I'd say.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Cheers.

I've said it before, if you play him centre back you'll see the best of him and reap the rewards. I could never understand why he never got back into the hearts side when he came back from Boro but we wasted him by sticking him right back. He's quite good on the ball so sounds like you guys are utilising him well. All this he's too small to be a centre back is complete nonsense as he has a decent leap on him but it wouldn't surprise me if that's what the muppets in charge of us were actually telling him. I had a look at your starting 11 from Saturday and you've signed very very well. Andy Nelson will score bucket loads in that league as well.

Edited by BairnNecessity

I liked him and was sad to see him go. I feel he has a fantastic attitude and work rate. He does get bullied a bit which can be somewhat mitigated in a back 3 as others have said.

Only thing I would say is a negative about him is that he seems to have real losses of concentration. Sometimes can be caught daydreaming when someone passes to him or when he should be watching the line.

Thank you.

Just now, BairnNecessity said:

I've said it before, if you play him centre back you'll have a good player in there. He's quite good on the ball so sounds like you guys are utilising him well. All this he's too small to be a centre back is complete nonsense as he has a decent leap on him but it wouldn't surprise me if that's what the muppets in charge of us were actually telling him. I had a look at your starting 11 from Saturday and you've signed very very well. Andy Nelson will score bucket loads in that league as well.

He got bullied off the ball far too much for me when he played centrehalf  and didn't have the skill to play right back.  Probably why few falkirk fans were really that bothered when he moved on.

Cheers.

The idea that he's 'too small' to be a centre-back is nonsense I'd think, might have other attributes that don't suit him well there but I've seen taller guys who are worse in the air consistently get a game at CB.

If you're playing with a back five he'll be an excellent addition on either side of the three, if you're playing with a four he'll be decent cover at CB or RB. Would definitely have kept him for league one, bit limited ability wise but always gave his all and far from a bad player at Championship level.

Having said that, McKinnon's insistence on using him as an attacking RB (aside from the last Ayr game where he turned into Dani Alves for 45 minutes) still gives me nightmares...

20 minutes ago, Nedelko said:

The idea that he's 'too small' to be a centre-back is nonsense I'd think, might have other attributes that don't suit him well there but I've seen taller guys who are worse in the air consistently get a game at CB.

If you're playing with a back five he'll be an excellent addition on either side of the three, if you're playing with a four he'll be decent cover at CB or RB. Would definitely have kept him for league one, bit limited ability wise but always gave his all and far from a bad player at Championship level.

Having said that, McKinnon's insistence on using him as an attacking RB (aside from the last Ayr game where he turned into Dani Alves for 45 minutes) still gives me nightmares...

aye was sad to see him go .  Although in saying that possibly becuase his two goals against Ayr were the few highlights of last season -especialy at home..

His ball watching cost us the game v ICT first game of the season. He switched off completely and allowed Oakley to stroll past him and score the only goal of the game.

Decent player, no doubt about it, but his switching off is a real issue.

58 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

why would anyone invest in a medium sized Scottish football club to make money?? So will see how it goes friday and take things from there.

Hibs new owners think they can win the Scottish Premier league and take Hibs into the Champions League.

It seems folk with money to invest in football are fucking nuts

Edited by Gaz FFC

Just now, Gaz FFC said:

Hibs new owners think they can win the Scottish Premier league and takes Hibs into the Champions League.

It seems folk with money to invest in football are fucking nuts

Aye and then there's folk like Tony Fitzpatrick.