The Falkirk FC Thread

Like Gav says, I reckon the number staying away due to a protest at the board will be around 300. Probably another 300 staying away due to the division we are in. (With a successful team on the park) I doubt we'll have a home gate under 3000 this season and wouldn't be surprised to see more like 3500ish most weeks. 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

1300 aren’t boycotting.

Get the usual drop when your drop a division, id say tops 250 are “boycotting”

I said 1300 are not coming due to the incompetency of the current board.  Some are boycotting due to the bod some are basically boycotting because league one is shit and the reason we are in league one is because of the clowns in the board room so they are still at the root of why we would be 1300 fans down.

Edited by Shodwall cat

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

2700 is still 1300 folk minimum staying away due to the incompetency of the current bod/msg.

If you think we would have 4000 fans in league one on a regular basis, then let me know what you are on !!!

I don't think anyone is disputing the incompetence of the owners but you'd need Penn and Teller to have 4000 fans stay with us after last season, even our wins had a helpline for self harm.

5-600 non season ticket renewals has a more relative judgement for now

Edited by MrDust

There's a new artificial surface being laid there at the moment. Not been round to see what the current state of play is though as to the surrounding area.

This was taken yesterday. I’m not sure what the plan is between the pitch (floodlights are now up which show the actual pitch) and the stadium’s current fencing. But they have put the new green fencing all the way up to the blue & white stadium fencing.

This certainly looks different to the drawings prior to building.

IMG_1563194954.502345.jpgIMG_1563194980.372209.jpg

5 minutes ago, MrDust said:

If you think we would have 4000 fans in league one on a regular basis, then let me know what you are on !!!

I don't think anyone is disputing the incompetence of the owners but you'd need Penn and Teller to have 4000 fans stay with us after last season, even our wins had a helpline for self harm.

5-600 non season ticket renewals has a more relative judgement for now

You're no getting what I'm saying here.  That 1300 folk perhaps not turning up is because of the incompetency of the current board whether its because they are boycotting because of the bod themselves or whether they are 'boycotting/staying away' because we have dropped a division. The reason we have dropped a division is again because of the incompetency of the clowns in the board room. Therefore we are perhaps 1300 fans down due to the incompetency of the board.

8 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Thought the fourth stand couldn’t get built as it was in the blast zone for Grangemouth?

The blast zone wasn't a problem when the council went on to build new housing in Grangemouth 🤔

1 minute ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

Doesn’t look like it’ll matter either way. All we have room for at this fucking rate is another marquee rather than a 4th stand. 

Loads of room for a stand there. You're only really needing something that holds around 2000 anyway. 10000 is more than enough capacity for us.

Simply cheaper to run the fencing straight to the stadium boundary than return it all the way along the fourth side of the new pitch I suspect. Still plenty of space for a proper 4th stand should we ever need it and the fencing for the new pitch can be altered 

Brother’s just texted me from London city airport (not a falkirk fan) saying he’s seen 8 guys all in falkirk tracksuits - what could that be about? Surely not some sort of team bonding night out in London considering we had a game Saturday then one tomorrow? 

Brother’s just texted me from London city airport (not a falkirk fan) saying he’s seen 8 guys all in falkirk tracksuits - what could that be about? Surely not some sort of team bonding night out in London considering we had a game Saturday then one tomorrow? 

Season 18/19 team reunion imho

53 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

You're no getting what I'm saying here.  That 1300 folk perhaps not turning up is because of the incompetency of the current board whether its because they are boycotting because of the bod themselves or whether they are 'boycotting/staying away' because we have dropped a division. The reason we have dropped a division is again because of the incompetency of the clowns in the board room. Therefore we are perhaps 1300 fans down due to the incompetency of the board.

I blame McKinnon for us dropping a division, the buck falls back to the board for appointing him but I'd guess more folk won't be back due last season's football and league we are in than blaming the board or 50/50 at worst.