The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

He'd be a terrific signing for your level, with the greatest of respect.  I don't think he'd play much for County this season, but he could easily do a job in the top end of the Championship.

He's just not prolific at all, but you can hardly fault him for effort.

Rather have DKD than him tbh. What's the situation with him? 

I was thinking about this last night.
I reckon the boycott, as it stands, will fail. I've no idea of the exact fan demographics but I'd guess that most folk will go with one or two mates. If you theorise that people attend in groups of thee then one single group who stay at home are substantially less than a thousandth of our support. Are they going to deprive themselves of something they've done for years and  enjoy just to make a point that nobody will notice? I doubt it. Particularly if the team are winning and finally turning in performances folk want to see. You're already seeing quite a number of "no-one' tells me what to do"-type posts on facebook.
I think the only way a boycott would be successful is if it were organised by a group who were known and respected. If David and Kenny were to email everyone who signed up to the fans scheme asking them to stay away from a specific game, and get public messages of support from supporters clubs and other fan groups, that would definitely have an impact. I don't know how much but it would be noticeable in the attendance.
If they asked folk to stay away for a month, the support for the boycott would start to haemorrhage. And if they asked for any more then I think it would just collapse altogether.
There's probably more chance of a "Patrons" boycott being successful, assuming they already sponsor club activities. They're a smaller group so there's more chance of them sticking together and withholding money from sponsorship wouldn't prevent them from attending games.
I'm hopeful we never get to that stage but if the MSG ever issue  a "we're going nowhere" statement then the leaders of the consortium will have to consider what they can do to ramp up the pressure. 

It was quite noticable that the match sponcer for Sat game was phoeinx drilling ( livingstons main sponcer), i think the commercical team might be aleady having trouble shifting hospitality, how was the brockville lounge on sat? Busy?

This is the bottom line really, the internet is a weird place. It can be football, fantasy football, computer games or movies and the community on a site like this or twitter can make it seem like the whole fanbase is up in arms about something but in reality we represent a very small cross section of the support.
We get something like 3500-4000 fans a game, there are maybe 100 or so Falkirk users on this forum, less that are regularly active, even less that know whats going on at the club or know any of the board or MSG, i certainly don't know anything beyond what's discussed here and if it wasn't for speaking to Kieran in hospitality I couldn't pick anyone other than Lang out of a line-up. (although i think it is now safe to say that the stupid looking fella whos picture was getting banded about the other day is Lex Miller)
I think the truth is that any loss in home crowds will be more casual fans pissed off with relegation and shite football than as part of an organised boycott.

It’s all about influence . Our opinions are replayed in Other social media and probably get picked up by 50% of the support by either directly or by-here say. The ONLY reason edi and lapaty come on here is to spout pro board propaganda to try and counter the very real influence on line posters can have. The board directly refer to the threat from internet opinion regularly . It’s encouraging to see lapaty try harder and harder to discourage our credibility and dumb down our voice. As I have repeatedly said the fans own the club as without admission money the club shares are worthless. ( they are probably worthless in any event )There is no option but to sell to the fans there are no other bids , everybody is pissed off with the current regime . Rome us crumbling around them but they continue to fiddle . It’s now only a matter of time .im pretty certain they will come crawling back to BTB pretty soon to try and negotiate a hybrid deal to allow them to stick around . I hope to god that ship has sailed

5 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

It was quite noticable that the match sponcer for Sat game was phoeinx drilling ( livingstons main sponcer), i think the commercical team might be aleady having trouble shifting hospitality, how was the brockville lounge on sat? Busy?

There were about 60 in it. Not as busy as a normal league game, but considering the lower attendances at cup matches that's to be expected. There was no hospitality or sponsorship at the equivalent Montrose game last year so a direct comparison supports the "boycott failing" theory. 

There were about 60 in it. Not as busy as a normal league game, but considering the lower attendances at cup matches that's to be expected. There was no hospitality or sponsorship at the equivalent Montrose game last year so a direct comparison supports the "boycott failing" theory. 
I think it will be quite noticable in the comming months the usual local companies (who are also patrions) wont be doin there 2/3 match/ball sponcership days a year.

I think it will be quite noticable in the comming months the usual local companies (who are also patrions) wont be doin there 2/3 match/ball sponcership days a year.

Our group normally do 1 or 2 hospitality days a year at the stadium. We may do 1 if change happens however we have already booked hospitality at East Fife for our 2nd last game of the season.

15 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:
22 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

That's a fair assumption. If you ask people to boycott a specific product - hospitality, retail, programmes or whatever there's a decent chance of it being effective.

If you ask folk to simply stay away from matches I think you're doomed to failure.

18 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
18 hours ago, Falkirk Till_ I Die said:
Who does everyone think this player is that McKinnon talked about in his post match interview
Guessing it's a striker
My guess would be Bakhtaoui
Imo he'd be a good signing 

Talk of Declan McManus

Well that's rather good news, I've always liked him.

All aboard Oliver's Navy Blue Army

A-55029-1514989635-2733.jpeg.jpg

Edited by Hank von Hell

On 14/07/2019 at 04:41, LatapyBairn said:

Happy to discuss the statement. While interesting, it didn’t really tell us much new information. 

I actually think the BtB bid may well be the best way forward at this stage. However, it seems naive at best to think that the BoD shouldn’t even consider other offers that may well be serious and positive for the club. They may not be, but the club are right to have a look, and that is a process that unfortunately takes time. 

It is also naive to assume you have preferred bidder status when this hasn’t even been confirmed verbally by the party selling, never mind in writing. 

I hope the BtB proposal can be progressed if the other bids are not suitable, as I think it is in the best interests of everyone involved. However, the BoD are duty bound to investigate all options on the table, and the other bids on the table may well have something to offer the football club, which is what matters most in all of this.

Well you've changed your tune. As EdiBairn you constantly posted that Falkirk fans were too stupid to be involved in buying the club & the BtB proposal would not get more than 100 buying in.

You also said last season we'd be in Europe within 2-3 years so I am assuming you are doing an about turn on that too? 

I don’t get this “boycott failed” stuff. At no point has any form of organised boycott been in place under anyone’s banner beyond the individual.

I made a choice not to renew or attend home matches until there was a change in attitude or truth and reconciliation for what they have gotten wrong, or the current power brokers quit. I haven’t failed in that at all just as everyone else who has chosen that path hasn’t failed.

Interestingly, my non footballing neighbour hit the nail on the head. He knew well enough that they have never apologised for their wrongdoing. He reckons that’s basic human nature. If you borrow a tool from a neighbour and then break it, you apologise profusely.

However, if you own it and break it, who do you apologise to? No one, because it’s yours to use as you see fit. That’s it in a nutshell. They see the club as being theirs. Forget all the “our club” guff. They see it as their property, and if they say anything different, it’s simply patronising bollocks.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

My business with Edi is happily concluded thanks to the ignore function, but given that I have argued with him in the past I am not going to come in here shouting that other should ignore him. If people want to sharpen their mind smacking about what is essentially a mental heavy bag then why not.

I will say this though. Do not engage with Edi under the misconception that he is a Falkirk fan. He is not. He doesnt attend games, and I would happily bet does not follow football in general. What he is, is a mouthpiece for someone. Thats the basis on which any engagement with the c**t should be carried out.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

My business with Edi is happily concluded thanks to the ignore function, but given that I have argued with him in the past I am not going to come in here shouting that other should ignore him. If people want to sharpen their mind smacking about what is essentially a mental heavy bag then why not.

I will say this though. Do not engage with Edi under the misconception that he is a Falkirk fan. He is not. He doesnt attend games, and I would happily bet does not follow football in general. What he is, is a mouthpiece for someone. Thats the basis on which any engagement with the c**t should be carried out.

What your trying to say is never argue with an idiot they will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Fight the good fight sir.

#Dece McManus would be an outstanding signing for this level and would score 10-15 goals at least.

I think the EGM on Friday is going to be extremely interesting.

it will be very difficult for the Board NOT to explain what has been going on and why fans are being kept in the dark.

Im keeping my powder dry till I hear what they have to say.

In the  meantime all this boycott stuff is very premature.

What your trying to say is never argue with an idiot they will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Maybe hes not an idiot per se. He comes across as one when he speaks about the football side. This is because thats a total ruse to convince us hes actually a fan. In reality its not what hes here to talk about. He follows the same MO every time he comes slithering back. Hopefully this means it wont be long till someone majorly bodies him (for the umpteenth time) and who ever is working his strings and he'll crawl back under his rock.

18 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Fight the good fight sir.

#Dece McManus would be an outstanding signing for this level and would score 10-15 goals at least.

Got 20 in 32 games for Morton at this level he last time he played in it so yes he'd be fine for league one. 

Don't know why people are trying to work out whether boycotting games is working or not when its a league cup game ffs.  I went on Saturday as I didnt see the point of boycotting that game to be honest.  I will take stock after attending the EGM on friday . I was hoping that everything would be sorted  by the start of the season proper but that is now looking unlikely. Will be interesting to see how many of the 4000 from last season turn up for the first home game if nothing changes though .

13 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Just checking in to say thanks for Paul Paton lads, captain fantastic.

He was his usual self of what I saw yesterday. Never finds a man. Punts the ball out the park at every opportunity. Can put in the odd decent tackle but thats about it. 

40 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I don’t get this “boycott failed” stuff. At no point has any form of organised boycott been in place under anyone’s banner beyond the individual.

I made a choice not to renew or attend home matches until there was a change in attitude or truth and reconciliation for what they have gotten wrong, or the current power brokers quit. I haven’t failed in that at all just as everyone else who has chosen that path hasn’t failed.

Interestingly, my non footballing neighbour hit the nail on the head. He knew well enough that they have never apologised for their wrongdoing. He reckons that’s basic human nature. If you borrow a tool from a neighbour and then break it, you apologise profusely.

However, if you own it and break it, who do you apologise to? No one, because it’s yours to use as you see fit. That’s it in a nutshell. They see the club as being theirs. Forget all the “our club” guff. They see it as their property, and if they say anything different, it’s simply patronising bollocks.

Boycotts might or might not achieve what they want. But one thing is for certain, when people stop going to support the team. They get out of the habit of going and that is a % of the support gone for good. If they have children they took along then that's the next generation lost.

Understand you motif wanting change with a boycott, but the damage to the core support means it's not the way to go about it.