The Falkirk FC Thread

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
7 hours ago, Falkirk Till_ I Die said:
Who does everyone think this player is that McKinnon talked about in his post match interview
Guessing it's a striker
My guess would be Bakhtaoui
Imo he'd be a good signing 

Talk of Declan McManus

He'd be a terrific signing for your level, with the greatest of respect.  I don't think he'd play much for County this season, but he could easily do a job in the top end of the Championship.

He's just not prolific at all, but you can hardly fault him for effort.

50 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Just checking in to say thanks for Paul Paton lads, captain fantastic.

😄I actually watched your game though!

A few standard passes straight out the park, couple of needless fouls in midfield, aye he'll be tremendous for you.

In all seriousness, you looked really good for 45 minutes, lots of pace and a direct approach causing a brittle St Mirren to fall to bits.

Pity your keeper is a bombscare - he will cost you 5-8 points this season.

7 minutes ago, bud1876 said:

Talking of keepers... where did that useless p***k Fasan end up?

According to transfermarkt he is without a club and anyone thats witnessed him in goals for us it will probably stay that way for the foreseeable future

Edited by AL-FFC

On 13/07/2019 at 10:53, Monkey Tennis said:

Another genuine question or two:

How universal will the ill feeling towards the board be?  It's easy to read message boards and think they're representative, when in reality the fans involved are not a cross section - instead they're a self selected group who tend to be among the more committed/engaged.

Will there be fans for instance, with little knowledge or interest in this stuff, who just toddle along, much as usual today?  

The reason I ask Is that when we shamefully voted to put Newco Rangers into SFL1 in 2012, there was a natural outcry on here and other sites.  I know that for plenty however, it barely registered and had no real profile at games at all.

Are all Falkirk fans pretty much aware of this stuff? Has it featured in the local media etc?  Is there a risk that when the team does well in the League, which should be likely, anger towards the board becomes a minority sport?

This is the bottom line really, the internet is a weird place. It can be football, fantasy football, computer games or movies and the community on a site like this or twitter can make it seem like the whole fanbase is up in arms about something but in reality we represent a very small cross section of the support.

We get something like 3500-4000 fans a game, there are maybe 100 or so Falkirk users on this forum, less that are regularly active, even less that know whats going on at the club or know any of the board or MSG, i certainly don't know anything beyond what's discussed here and if it wasn't for speaking to Kieran in hospitality I couldn't pick anyone other than Lang out of a line-up. (although i think it is now safe to say that the stupid looking fella whos picture was getting banded about the other day is Lex Miller)

I think the truth is that any loss in home crowds will be more casual fans pissed off with relegation and shite football than as part of an organised boycott.

23 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

This is the bottom line really, the internet is a weird place. It can be football, fantasy football, computer games or movies and the community on a site like this or twitter can make it seem like the whole fanbase is up in arms about something but in reality we represent a very small cross section of the support.

We get something like 3500-4000 fans a game, there are maybe 100 or so Falkirk users on this forum, less that are regularly active, even less that know whats going on at the club or know any of the board or MSG, i certainly don't know anything beyond what's discussed here and if it wasn't for speaking to Kieran in hospitality I couldn't pick anyone other than Lang out of a line-up. (although i think it is now safe to say that the stupid looking fella whos picture was getting banded about the other day is Lex Miller)

I think the truth is that any loss in home crowds will be more casual fans pissed off with relegation and shite football than as part of an organised boycott.

The thing is with the boycott is more down to peoples principles at the running of the club.  Yesterday i went and it just doesnt feel the same whether that be down to statements coming from the board with comments decrying the support and just generally feeling bitter towards them over it but from being in the media as a shining example of being a well run club to the state we are in just now. Whether it being put down the the appointment of CC and his decisions of axing the academy, appointment of Hartley (in all fairness he was the best candidate outwith the usual suspects for a manager just we didnt realise he was a bit of a w****r till it was too late). In amongst the other f**k ups we just seem to be limping from one cluster f**k to another and nothing they seem to be doing is working out the way they hoped.

I've never really bothered my arse about anything against the board or felt any ill will against any of them but the general feeling is they have let the club and fans down with their decisions and more so the lack of any one claiming any responsibility for the f**k ups and the it wasnae us.

5 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

The thing is with the boycott is more down to peoples principles at the running of the club.  Yesterday i went and it just doesnt feel the same whether that be down to statements coming from the board with comments decrying the support and just generally feeling bitter towards them over it but from being in the media as a shining example of being a well run club to the state we are in just now. Whether it being put down the the appointment of CC and his decisions of axing the academy, appointment of Hartley (in all fairness he was the best candidate outwith the usual suspects for a manager just we didnt realise he was a bit of a w****r till it was too late). In amongst the other f**k ups we just seem to be limping from one cluster f**k to another and nothing they seem to be doing is working out the way they hoped.

I've never really bothered my arse about anything against the board or felt any ill will against any of them but the general feeling is they have let the club and fans down with their decisions and more so the lack of any one claiming any responsibility for the f**k ups and the it wasnae us.

I agree with what you have said here, the handling of everything last year was a complete disaster and the club has been on a downward trajectory for the last decade or so, I understand why people are boycotting the games as an attempt to get their point across I am just not sure that they are in a position to influence or even get the message across to the majority of the fan base who are less engaged with the day to day of the club.

I wont make many games this year but that would be the case even if we had won a domestic treble, so I can't claim to be taking any kind of action. I have been talked into a road trip to peterhead on the opening day of the season though. FFS.

12 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

I was thinking about this last night.

I reckon the boycott, as it stands, will fail. I've no idea of the exact fan demographics but I'd guess that most folk will go with one or two mates. If you theorise that people attend in groups of thee then one single group who stay at home are substantially less than a thousandth of our support. Are they going to deprive themselves of something they've done for years and  enjoy just to make a point that nobody will notice? I doubt it. Particularly if the team are winning and finally turning in performances folk want to see. You're already seeing quite a number of "no-one' tells me what to do"-type posts on facebook.

I think the only way a boycott would be successful is if it were organised by a group who were known and respected. If David and Kenny were to email everyone who signed up to the fans scheme asking them to stay away from a specific game, and get public messages of support from supporters clubs and other fan groups, that would definitely have an impact. I don't know how much but it would be noticeable in the attendance.

If they asked folk to stay away for a month, the support for the boycott would start to haemorrhage. And if they asked for any more then I think it would just collapse altogether.

There's probably more chance of a "Patrons" boycott being successful, assuming they already sponsor club activities. They're a smaller group so there's more chance of them sticking together and withholding money from sponsorship wouldn't prevent them from attending games.

I'm hopeful we never get to that stage but if the MSG ever issue  a "we're going nowhere" statement then the leaders of the consortium will have to consider what they can do to ramp up the pressure. 

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, bud1876 said:

Talking of keepers... where did that useless p***k Fasan end up?

p***k?? Have some respect we're better than that!! 

18 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I was thinking about this last night.

I reckon the boycott, as it stands, will fail. I've no idea of the exact fan demographics but I'd guess that most folk will go with one or two mates. If you theorise that people attend in groups of thee then one single group who stay at home are substantially less than a thousandth of our support. Are they going to deprive themselves of something they've done for years and  enjoy just to make a point that nobody will notice? I doubt it. Particularly if the team are winning and finally turning in performances folk want to see. You're already seeing quite a number of "no-one' tells me what to do"-type posts on facebook.

I think the only way a boycott would be successful is if it were organised by a group who were known and respected. If David and Kenny were to email everyone who signed up to the fans scheme asking them to stay away from a specific game, and get public messages of support from supporters clubs and other fan groups, that would definitely have an impact. I don't know how much but it would be noticeable in the attendance.

If they asked folk to stay away for a month, the support for the boycott would start to haemorrhage. And if they asked for any more then I think it would just collapse altogether.

There's probably more chance of a "Patrons" boycott being successful, assuming they already sponsor club activities. They're a smaller group so there's more chance of them sticking together and withholding money from sponsorship wouldn't prevent them from attending games.

I'm hopeful we never get to that stage but if the MSG ever issue  a "we're going nowhere" statement then the leaders of the consortium will have to consider what they can do to ramp up the pressure. 

I just dont think the numbers will make much of a difference that wont attend i can understand people doing it out of principle but as i mentioned it would have more effect to vent your anger at the board at half time the chances are they are going to be in a group once one starts the rest will follow that in turn gets picked up by the media and then reported in the press.

We have a couple of ways of looking at this if what has been posted on here before of certain members making it difficult then there is no way they will sell to a fans bids/consortium more out of spite than anything, then you have the other angle they wont sell because they want more money than any other bidder is willing to pay them that in turn has the effect of any other bidders walking away so there you have greed and spite coming into the equation into why they arent going anywhere and pretty much a club in the same boat thats going nowhere.

[emoji1]I actually watched your game though!
A few standard passes straight out the park, couple of needless fouls in midfield, aye he'll be tremendous for you.

In all seriousness, you looked really good for 45 minutes, lots of pace and a direct approach causing a brittle St Mirren to fall to bits.
Pity your keeper is a bombscare - he will cost you 5-8 points this season.
Aye he falls to bits whenever the TV cameras are there for some reason!