The Falkirk FC Thread

If anything this highlights how much the club needs change and sooner rather than a possible 4 months down the line but it also needs some people in the MSG to get realistic on how much money they can get for selling up as i dont think anyone is buying into the line of "its got to be whats in the best interests of the club".

1 hour ago, GeordieBairn said:

Seen Dunne come out the tunnel with Gomis couple of minutes before kick off.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't get the Dunne situation at all. Been at the club for years, looked reasonably promising in the brief glimpse of him in the first team when Hartley first came in, then vanished just as quickly. I don't watch the reserves, so no idea if he has been featuring there or what his performances have been like, but surely McKinnon saw enough of him day-to-day last season to form some sort of judgement of his ability. If he thought he had something about him, why not offer terms at the end of the season? Seems strange that a player we had under contract for some time is now a trialist.

If anything this highlights how much the club needs change and sooner rather than a possible 4 months down the line but it also needs some people in the MSG to get realistic on how much money they can get for selling up as i dont think anyone is buying into the line of "its got to be whats in the best interests of the club".
Exactly, it's more likely to be "its got to be whats in the best interests of the board/msg" that is driving this mob and stopping them taking the btb cash.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:
5 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Exactly, it's more likely to be "its got to be whats in the best interests of the board/msg" that is driving this mob and stopping them taking the btb cash.

I'm pretty sure Latapy/Edi will put us all right on the inner workings and how they are doing their due diligence.

I really dont know how we are going to get rid but how the f**k can the club go for one of the best examples of the running of a club to the shambles where they would struggle to go for a sh*te without making an arse of it.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't get the Dunne situation at all. Been at the club for years, looked reasonably promising in the brief glimpse of him in the first team when Hartley first came in, then vanished just as quickly. I don't watch the reserves, so no idea if he has been featuring there or what his performances have been like, but surely McKinnon saw enough of him day-to-day last season to form some sort of judgement of his ability. If he thought he had something about him, why not offer terms at the end of the season? Seems strange that a player we had under contract for some time is now a trialist.

I might be wrong but I thought Blackburn Rovers took him down for a week to have a look at him about 18 months ago. His stock has fallen a bit since then if that was the case.

59 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

The MSG won’t be making anything from the sale 

8 minutes ago, Top Bins said:

I might be wrong but I thought Blackburn Rovers took him down for a week to have a look at him about 18 months ago. His stock has fallen a bit since then if that was the case.

McKinnon has obviously tried to turn him into a left back in the reserves but obviously doesn't feel he is worth taking a wage in such a tight budget or he would be signed up.

I don't think he featured in any McKinnons squads last season, that gives you the answers with his future and we are likely holding out for a development fee for him

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

If you listen to Rays interview post match yesterday at 5:18 he says he wants to bring at LEAST another 1 player which is bloody concerning.

Not really. One more player brings us up to 18, which is round about the number the squad size was intended to be. Eleven starters, five on the bench and hopefully no more than a couple of injuries at any one time.

Whether we go much above that may depend on how cheaply we can get loanees,  or even free ones who'll come just for the chance to play regular men's football. The problem is that they could get that experience by staying with their parent club and playing in the reserve league.

And if you pay peanuts, you get.....

11 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Not really. One more player brings us up to 18, which is round about the number the squad size was intended to be. Eleven starters, five on the bench and hopefully no more than a couple of injuries at any one time.

Whether we go much above that may depend on how cheaply we can get loanees,  or even free ones who'll come just for the chance to play regular men's football. The problem is that they could get that experience by staying with their parent club and playing in the reserve league.

And if you pay peanuts, you get.....

You cant say that you'll be branded a rascist ..lol 

I've heard he's off to Sunderland and all that's left to do is negotiate a fee. I don't know how the person that told me would know, however, I trust them