The Falkirk FC Thread

It’s hard getting to grips with the new players, my first look at them. It’s about the 4th or 5th new team in a few seasons. Will take me a few games to get all their names right. Lol. Anyway the wee RB is a scrapper, was wanting to fight everyone, great to watch his commitment, was shouting at everyone to mark at their corners. Squared up to there huge number 6, funniest part of the game. Tidser looked a bit sluggish but his fitness will come and Johnstone should have buried his chance two yards out. Not sure what to think because we were up against a Prem team. Shame never got to see Sibbs on the pitch. Keeper looks solid and big Sammon got off the ground to win headers unlike Haber. Overall very scrappy game.

23 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
23 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:
Even if you take the Board at their word - which I appreciate strains credulity to almost breaking point - they absolutely should have at least told them about the other bids, before revealing it on their website.
They think they can do whatever they want without consequence, which the ST sales show to be absolutely true.

The season ticket sales dont show that, since they are down on last year by a significant number, and there are people who belive they can cast credible doubt on the numbers released.

I'll ignore the last part of "guy down the pub" chat but over 2000 STs in League One is great going for the club.

21 hours ago, LatapyBairn said:

Falkirk should be a premier league football club, and top six should not be beyond us. We had 5000 fans at the bottom of the championship last season and we’d  be getting significantly more in the top 6 of the premier league.

You had about 5K-6K in the top flight when you were playing Aberdeen and Rangers a decade ago in the top flight. No idea why you think crowds would be bigger now.

19 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Blackpool almost died, and are still suffering financially, because of their fan boycott, and in the end it wasn't even the boycott that removed the owners.

Slightly misleading. The boycott absolutely helped with the change of ownership.

Slightly misleading. The boycott absolutely helped with the change of ownership.
Quoting the wrong bit here, but absolutely not "guy down the pub" chat.

Aside from the accuracy of the numbers released, the survey being done will likely show several hundred season ticket holders indicating that they wont renew until change occurs.

4 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

The Oystons owed a former director £25m, and it was that dispute that led to a court battle, which led to the Oystons losing the battle, which led to Blackpool being taken off them as an "asset" to help pay the bill they were now being forced to pay. 

Blackpool fans boycotted for four years and it didn't make any difference.

8 hours ago, oot_the_loop said:

Just out of interest, when was our last penalty shoot out?  I'm surely having a mind blank here, its not as far back as Celtic in the League Cup with Evander Sno failing to beat Jerome Lambers was it?

Was it not against Stirling albion at forthbank a couple of years ago? 

18 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Was it not against Stirling albion at forthbank a couple of years ago? 

If you disregard the Stirlingshire Cup, given that it was always fought by our reserve / youth team in front of two men and a dog, our last draw in any cup competition was 0-0 at Cowdenbeath on 26/8/14. According to a spreadsheet I keep we won 4-3 on penalties. Scorers were Vaulks, Loy, Shepherd & Sibbald. Rowan and Boulding missed so it must have gone to sudden death. Rory Loy also missed a penalty in normal time.

Believe it or not, the Stirling Albion game you're thinking of was in 2010. How time flies.

12 hours ago, bud1876 said:
12 hours ago, GunnerBairn said:
Good result. A 1-1 draw vs top tier opposition, with a tiny squad, should give us confidence going forward. As the pitch being built next door, who kept that quiet? Looks good. 
5F513BFF-9E73-49BE-8EC3-14D86CD8B544.thumb.jpeg.e504b0a38d97d589752a304fef4a6e0f.jpeg

Looks like theres enough room for a gazebo as a 4th stand.

New pitch is offset 30m from the main pitch, plenty of room for a North/ South sized stand (20m) 

13 hours ago, LatapyBairn said:

What I’m saying is that even if Livingston brought 500(which they didn’t), the attendance is exactly the same as last year. 

Yes against a premier league team though not forfar of bloomin montrose. More people will turn uo generally to see you play a better side its not flamin rocket science.

At the moment it would apprar we have 3 factions. People who have bought season tickets and are going to games. People who are refusing to buy season tickets  but are paying at the gate and  people who are boycotting completely. 

Mcmanus would be a decent signing at this level. Bang average in the championship but scored a load the last time he played in league one.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

If you disregard the Stirlingshire Cup, given that it was always fought by our reserve / youth team in front of two men and a dog, our last draw in any cup competition was 0-0 at Cowdenbeath on 26/8/14. According to a spreadsheet I keep we won 4-3 on penalties. Scorers were Vaulks, Loy, Shepherd & Sibbald. Rowan and Boulding missed so it must have gone to sudden death. Rory Loy also missed a penalty in normal time.

Believe it or not, the Stirling Albion game you're thinking of was in 2010. How time flies.

I thought it was the game where vaulks didn't feature as it was evident he was about to leave us. Stirling albion beat us that day. I'm sure it was the same league Cup group where St Johnstone beat us due to a new rule that seemed to only get enforced against us in that game regarding fouls at corners. 

7 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I thought it was the game where vaulks didn't feature as it was evident he was about to leave us. Stirling albion beat us that day. I'm sure it was the same league Cup group where St Johnstone beat us due to a new rule that seemed to only get enforced against us in that game regarding fouls at corners. 

Maybe I'm getting confused, but if we're discussing the last penalty shoot-out then the game that Stirling Albion beat us in wouldn't count. They won 1-0 with a goal on 43 mins.

You're right that Vaulks sat the match out, though he returned to the team three days later against Elgin. He scored in a 3-0 win in what would be his last appearance for us. The following Saturday was indeed the Bobby Madden game. :angry:

I didn't think there was that much between the 2 teams yesterday but the numbers we have team wise are concerning and if that's the level of commitment our board have put in then its even more worrying.  We really can't afford any injuries or we are half way up shit creek without a paddle

20 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I didn't think there was that much between the 2 teams yesterday but the numbers we have team wise are concerning and if that's the level of commitment our board have put in then its even more worrying.  We really can't afford any injuries or we are half way up shit creek without a paddle

The Board have given Ray a substantial budget, including personal funds. Ray was given a choice of signing 18 average players or 10 quality ones, and he’s rightly taken the quality route. 

5 minutes ago, LatapyBairn said:

The Board have given Ray a substantial budget, including personal funds. Ray was given a choice of signing 18 average players or 10 quality ones, and he’s rightly taken the quality route. 

Conveniently ignoring the fact that, had The Gang not shafted the supporters in relation to the share purchase scheme, there would have been no requirement for any "personal funds" and a substantially bigger budget available to maybe allow us to have more than 2 substitutes available for the first competitive game of the season . 

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Maybe I'm getting confused, but if we're discussing the last penalty shoot-out then the game that Stirling Albion beat us in wouldn't count. They won 1-0 with a goal on 43 mins.

You're right that Vaulks sat the match out, though he returned to the team three days later against Elgin. He scored in a 3-0 win in what would be his last appearance for us. The following Saturday was indeed the Bobby Madden game. :angry:

Ahh, na you're spot on. Iv mixed up the 2 games. 

1 minute ago, AGPar said:

Conveniently ignoring the fact that, had The Gang not shafted the supporters in relation to the share purchase scheme, there would have been no requirement for any "personal funds" and a substantially bigger budget available to maybe allow us to have more than 2 substitutes available for the first competitive game of the season . 

We will have 7 subs available for the first league game