The Falkirk FC Thread

i'm hoping it was a one off today formation-wise due to it being a premier league team, but my fear is that this is how we set up for most games last year. We seem to be settling into a pattern of starting of with a very defensive formation and then changing that to more offensive once we go behind.......hence the amount of comeback draws we scarped last season. Would really like to see us start of every league game with 2 up front, we seem to have the quality of players to do that now.

good draw today, but felt like we could have snuck a 2-1 win if we'd set out more positively..........but then again, I'm not a manager.

Good result. A 1-1 draw vs top tier opposition, with a tiny squad, should give us confidence going forward. As the pitch being built next door, who kept that quiet? Looks good. 
5F513BFF-9E73-49BE-8EC3-14D86CD8B544.thumb.jpeg.e504b0a38d97d589752a304fef4a6e0f.jpeg

Plenty of room for a stand tbh. The space from the pitch edge to the metal fence is decent anyway plus the new pitch doesn’t actually go all the way to the fence at the other side.

i'm hoping it was a one off today formation-wise due to it being a premier league team, but my fear is that this is how we set up for most games last year. We seem to be settling into a pattern of starting of with a very defensive formation and then changing that to more offensive once we go behind.......hence the amount of comeback draws we scarped last season. Would really like to see us start of every league game with 2 up front, we seem to have the quality of players to do that now.
good draw today, but felt like we could have snuck a 2-1 win if we'd set out more positively..........but then again, I'm not a manager.

Squad dictated formation. Johnstone not being fully fit and having no striker to bring on if we are losing if him and Sammon both on the pitch.

Happy to discuss the statement. While interesting, it didn’t really tell us much new information. 
I actually think the BtB bid may well be the best way forward at this stage. However, it seems naive at best to think that the BoD shouldn’t even consider other offers that may well be serious and positive for the club. They may not be, but the club are right to have a look, and that is a process that unfortunately takes time. 
It is also naive to assume you have preferred bidder status when this hasn’t even been confirmed verbally by the party selling, never mind in writing. 
I hope the BtB proposal can be progressed if the other bids are not suitable, as I think it is in the best interests of everyone involved. However, the BoD are duty bound to investigate all options on the table, and the other bids on the table may well have something to offer the football club, which is what matters most in all of this.

If these points were being made a number of weeks ago I’d agree with it. Indeed I stated something similar quite a few weeks back.
However in all the time that’s passed we’ve heard absolutely nothing from this board to inform us that they are looking at something that’s clearly in the best interests of the club and why it’s worth further discussion over a period of months.
The fact is by now the fans should be being informed of the high level details of each bid with a caveat that a significant piece of work is needed to validate each bid to confirm its all its hoped for.
Instead we are told the square root of zero inspiring no confidence in our board to do the right thing at a period when there’s clearly a bid on the table from BTB which has the longevity of the club at hand.
I really do find it incredulous that you’re still defending this lot. At the moment the club is being run along the lines of a dictatorship and you appear to see nothing wrong with that whatsoever?

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

The fact is by now the fans should be being informed of the high level details of each bid with a caveat that a significant piece of work is needed to validate each bid to confirm its all its hoped for.

The BoD can’t publicly broadcast details of confidential negotiations that are ongoing with multiple parties as they are commercially sensitive.

The BoD can’t publicly broadcast details of confidential negotiations that are ongoing with multiple parties as they are commercially sensitive.

How do you know they are commercially sensitive? Quite frankly, if they are, they are very likely not to be in the best interests of the club or its supporters.
I am sure some financial aspects could be confidential, but the core details of what value these bids are bringing should be available to all shareholders and stakeholders...

I thought we looked fairly solid today all over the park in what was a scrappy game. However, we didn’t really offer much going forward. Although we showed a few glimpses of decent play, and that was promising ! I think Livi are a fairly defensive minded team so it
was always going to be a game with few chances.

Telfer stood out for me and linked up the play well. I was a little bit disappointed with tidser and Doyle but it’s early day.

I hope the board situation gets resolved soon and we can welcome back the boycott fans! The more fans the merrier!

1 hour ago, squeekybairn said:

McKinnon has made it clear that he's playing 2 up top in the league, only reason Johnstone didn't start was because he isn't fit and we don't want to risk him for a big injury as he's just returning from one 👍

22 minutes ago, BudBairn said:

I thought we looked fairly solid today all over the park in what was a scrappy game. However, we didn’t really offer much going forward. Although we showed a few glimpses of decent play, and that was promising ! I think Livi are a fairly defensive minded team so it
was always going to be a game with few chances.

Telfer stood out for me and linked up the play well. I was a little bit disappointed with tidser and Doyle but it’s early day.

I hope the board situation gets resolved soon and we can welcome back the boycott fans! The more fans the merrier!

Thought they done well to mark tidser and Doyle out the game

Any time tidser got on the ball he had tons of players around him trying to get it off him, big guys too, think he did relatively well and his cross to Toshney towards the end was beautiful

Same for Doyle pretty much, any time he tried to run up the wing he had at least one big guy running at him cutting him off

Onwards and Upwards #COYB #MSGGTF

22 minutes ago, oot_the_loop said:

Just out of interest, when was our last penalty shoot out?  I'm surely having a mind blank here, its not as far back as Celtic in the League Cup with Evander Sno failing to beat Jerome Lambers was it?

I’m pretty sure it was against Dundee United in  2011. Ally Graham with the late equaliser in extra time.

10 hours ago, Jamie_M said:
11 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:
Declan McManus?

Would seem strange seeing as he only signed a new contract in May.

Great signing if true. McKinnon not giving much away in post match interview. One thing does worry me though if this is the last signing, we are only a few injuries away from being a depleted side. The bench today proved that. Still need a few extra bodies in. 

12 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
12 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:
Declan McManus?

Would be an excellent signing for League 1 and pretty good for Championship IMO.

If he signs for us I think it’s fair to say Ray would need to be Barry Ferguson levels of management not to win the league.

Hard to tell from short highlights really but what I took from it was that Telfer looks like he has a touch of class about him. Johnstone looks like a man who will cause more "big guy" problems to defences than Sammon will.
Floaty crosses from deep from Paul Dixon are going to be this season's "Floaty Mark Kerr deliveries"

No, ideally the BoD would have informed them directly. However, I’m not sure why the fans group seem to believe they were entitled to exclusivity when they weren’t told that. 

They are entitled because it’s not logical that any other party would have the clubs best interest at heart. Why would anyone but the fans want to buy the club . There is no profit no dividends and therefore no point if your not a fan . I suspect despite their best attempt to make some cash that reality has now dawned on them which is why you and the other board approved posters are slowly changing your tune stating that maybe the fan buy out may just return to the table.
NOBODY with any brains is buying that bullshit you will come crawling back to Kenny and David pretty soon to save face. Just watch this space!

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hard to tell from short highlights really but what I took from it was that Telfer looks like he has a touch of class about him. Johnstone looks like a man who will cause more "big guy" problems to defences than Sammon will.
Floaty crosses from deep from Paul Dixon are going to be this season's "Floaty Mark Kerr deliveries"

Telfer is a stand out at league one level that's pretty obvious I'm not sure about Johnstone or Sammon both big units but neither of them look comfortable on the deck. 

Livingston are certainly not as strong as last season and I would imagine they will struggle this term. 

Still work to be done before the real football starts. 

I watched in FFCTV and thought we were poor. Only looked threatening when we went 2 up. Doyle class? Not for me.

Telfer and Connelly decent

My group organized Falkirk tv via a vpn and we watched the game on a big screen . Strangely enjoyable with a few beers and the knowledge that were withholding our cash
The camerawork on ftv is limited so you don’t get a great perspective of what’s going on off the ball but I thought Buchanan looked good and the keeper was solid at the back . Doyle is a fighter but with little football but good for L 1 . Samson looked like a more mobile Haber the rest were pretty average and didn’t get a chance to play as the midfield was bossed by livi. Better than last year !

It’s early days but I’m going to trust McKinnon that Sammon and Johnstone are just nowhere near fit, too early to judge yet.

I agree with wee_bairn about Tidser but on reflection he had no space to try and create for majority of the game. As someone else said, his determination at the end to get on the ball down towards the right corner and whip balls in helped us get a point.

As much as Durnan is getting stuck on here, I’m scunnered with another two years of Paul Dixon at left back. Although I don’t think it was Doyle’s best game, at least he would drive forward at relative pace and give the opposition something to think about. Dixon will get about 25 yards from the byline and float a pish cross in. Maybe it will be different against a league one team.