The Falkirk FC Thread

Great performance . Doyle looking class at rb . Livi just usual hoof ball pish , fucking hate that Dykes

I watched in FFCTV and thought we were poor. Only looked threatening when we went 2 up. Doyle class? Not for me.

Telfer and Connelly decent

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn said:

Happy to discuss the statement. While interesting, it didn’t really tell us much new information. 

I actually think the BtB bid may well be the best way forward at this stage. However, it seems naive at best to think that the BoD shouldn’t even consider other offers that may well be serious and positive for the club. They may not be, but the club are right to have a look, and that is a process that unfortunately takes time. 

It is also naive to assume you have preferred bidder status when this hasn’t even been confirmed verbally by the party selling, never mind in writing. 

I hope the BtB proposal can be progressed if the other bids are not suitable, as I think it is in the best interests of everyone involved. However, the BoD are duty bound to investigate all options on the table, and the other bids on the table may well have something to offer the football club, which is what matters most in all of this.

The issue though is that as it says in the statement there was nothing to stop them moving on with the btb proposal whilst still looking into other interest. Instead the btb proposal is still at the same stage as its been for months.

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn said:

400 up on the league cup attendance last year

We were playing a top flight team at home though so your comparing apples with feckin oranges even if livi 's away support aint great its still better than the likes of montrose or forfar.

We were playing a top flight team at home though so your comparing apples with feckin oranges even if livi 's away support aint great its still better than the likes of montrose or forfar.
Yeah its almost like he is trying to make things fit a narrative eh....

38 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I watched in FFCTV and thought we were poor. Only looked threatening when we went 2 up. Doyle class? Not for me.

Telfer and Connelly decent

Connelly was gash. Never attacked their fullback once and we were far better when he went off. Telfer was good and the defence was pretty solid. Doyle looks like a guy who'll run up and down his side all day and can defend pretty well.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yeah its almost like he is trying to make things fit a narrative eh....

What I’m saying is that even if Livingston brought 500(which they didn’t), the attendance is exactly the same as last year. 

Good result. A 1-1 draw vs top tier opposition, with a tiny squad, should give us confidence going forward. As the pitch being built next door, who kept that quiet? Looks good. 
5F513BFF-9E73-49BE-8EC3-14D86CD8B544.thumb.jpeg.e504b0a38d97d589752a304fef4a6e0f.jpeg
Looks like theres enough room for a gazebo as a 4th stand.

7 minutes ago, bud1876 said:
36 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:
Good result. A 1-1 draw vs top tier opposition, with a tiny squad, should give us confidence going forward. As the pitch being built next door, who kept that quiet? Looks good. 
5F513BFF-9E73-49BE-8EC3-14D86CD8B544.thumb.jpeg.e504b0a38d97d589752a304fef4a6e0f.jpeg

7 minutes ago, bud1876 said:
36 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

A smaller stand, with seats at both sides would be good. So you can sit and watch either pitch. Or a return of the terraced shed (safe standing) facing the main stand, my own preference. 

Two things to add after traipsing through this shambles of a thread.

1. We looked good, plenty still to work on but matched a team two leagues above us in every department, with most of the new players (Tidser, Johnstone and maybe Durnan aside) looking sharp. Team doesn't look like it'll take too much time to gel, some extremely promising football on show in flashes, and if how we played today transposes into the league season (which it doesn't always, of course) then we'll be absolutely fine. Stranraer on Tuesday should however be a better indicator for how we'll be in the bread and butter league games.

Secondly, I was there today, and it's not anyone else's place to tell me I'm wrong to go, nor is it mine to tell anyone who chose to stay away that they are wrong to do so. Most of us seem to be on the same page on that one, but for those who are having a go at anyone whose decision is different to yours: get yourself and your superiority complex to f**k.

We're all adults (latapybairn and his multitude of aliases aside) and we all want what's best for the club. This incessant infighting is getting us nowhere, so get over yourself and do whatever you're going to do, but do without making a needless spectacle of yourself on the internet.

On a more important note, have to assume we're all buzzing for Ayr away next weekend?