The Falkirk FC Thread

make it as uncomfortable as f**k for them to attend games, let them hear how pissed off the support is not to mention with that it gains media attention with that being shouted at them.

Why should you give up your saturdays to support your team to stay away whilst they sit there in relative comfort knowing whats there as support wont be vocal about it, all it takes is one person to get it going and the rest will follow suit.

They aren’t arsed though, they got their car doors booted in at the end of last season and are still here, they’re power hungry c***s

Wee Edi hiding behind dots rather than coming on here like the Falkirk fan he claims to be and talking about the current issues.

For someone who repeatedly cast doubt over KJ and DWs ability to get BtB off the ground, I for one would be interested to see Edis thoughts on the BtB statement.

Of course, Edi isnt a Falkirk fan, or probably even a football fan. Hes a plant, and a very poor one at that since he hasnt even been intelligent enough to not get banned off P&B.

Mon Edi, tell us what you think. Boycott, board, BtB. Lets hear it.

10 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:

Was there any chants or abuse aimed at them today?

Nope.

Only thing being talked about round me today was the team and the season ahead, almost as if 99% of the Falkirk support know nothing of any supposed boycott and aren't pissing in the wind via an online echo chamber.

I don't agree with the boycott.  I don't support the board and how they have treated the supporters.  I would like the board to be replaced asap.

I don't think badly of those who are boycotting or support the boycott.  We all want what's best for the club but there are different opinions on how to proceed.

The name calling by some here is juvenile and counter productive.   If the boycott get's the board out then more power to you.  Why can't we just talk to each other like we are decent people?

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Wee Edi hiding behind dots rather than coming on here like the Falkirk fan he claims to be and talking about the current issues.

For someone who repeatedly cast doubt over KJ and DWs ability to get BtB off the ground, I for one would be interested to see Edis thoughts on the BtB statement.

Of course, Edi isnt a Falkirk fan, or probably even a football fan. Hes a plant, and a very poor one at that since he hasnt even been intelligent enough to not get banned off P&B.

Mon Edi, tell us what you think. Boycott, board, BtB. Lets hear it.

Happy to discuss the statement. While interesting, it didn’t really tell us much new information. 

I actually think the BtB bid may well be the best way forward at this stage. However, it seems naive at best to think that the BoD shouldn’t even consider other offers that may well be serious and positive for the club. They may not be, but the club are right to have a look, and that is a process that unfortunately takes time. 

It is also naive to assume you have preferred bidder status when this hasn’t even been confirmed verbally by the party selling, never mind in writing. 

I hope the BtB proposal can be progressed if the other bids are not suitable, as I think it is in the best interests of everyone involved. However, the BoD are duty bound to investigate all options on the table, and the other bids on the table may well have something to offer the football club, which is what matters most in all of this.

I spoke to about 10-12 people today about this “boycott”. None of them knew anything about it.

It’s upto people how they go about supporting their team. If they go to the games they shouldn’t be hounded. For those that are staying away from home games, then you deserve an applause.

How do you know what was confirmed verbally?

How does preferred bidder status come into it when the club wasnt actively for sale, nor even entertaining bids until after the 3rd or 4th iteration of the BtB deal, now known to be stalling tactics with board members hawking the club about?

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

How do you know what was confirmed verbally?

How does preferred bidder status come into it when the club wasnt actively for sale, nor even entertaining bids until after the 3rd or 4th iteration of the BtB deal, now known to be stalling tactics with board members hawking the club about?

It’s not rocket science that other parties will start expressing interest once they see someone in takeover negotiations. 

The BoD are one their way out over the next few months in any case, whether they’ll be replaced by BtB or someone else. Thankfully, the vast majority of fans understand that takeover processes take time, as shown by the crowd today 400 up on this stage last year. Whether 50 people boycott or don’t will not make any difference to an ongoing takeover negotiation.

I don't agree with the boycott.  I don't support the board and how they have treated the supporters.  I would like the board to be replaced asap.

I don't think badly of those who are boycotting or support the boycott.  We all want what's best for the club but there are different opinions on how to proceed.

The name calling by some here is juvenile and counter productive.   If the boycott get's the board out then more power to you.  Why can't we just talk to each other like we are decent people?

Supporting a football club is a passionate affair.
Feelings run high and opinions are strongly held.
Division is an unfortunate but inevitable consequence of where we find ourselves after the disgracefully inept and woefully out of touch behaviour of those in positions of power and influence at the club.
My choice is not to renew my season ticket or attend home matches until change is underway, hopefully the EGM will begin this process.
I certainly will not criticise any fan for turning up and supporting the team but I honestly think that pressure must be maintained on those in the comfy seats to help drive change, after all taking the fans for granted is their default setting.
As I am far too long in the tooth to be screaming blue murder at them I am protesting by withholding my custom.
Really looking forward to supporting the team at Ayr next week.
COYB

It’s not rocket science that other parties will start expressing interest once they see someone in takeover negotiations. 
The BoD are one their way out over the next few months in any case, whether they’ll be replaced by BtB or someone else. Thankfully, the vast majority of fans understand that takeover processes take time, as shown by the crowd today 400 up on this stage last year. Whether 50 people boycott or don’t will not make any difference to an ongoing takeover negotiation.
Except we have nothing to back up that they are on their way out whatsover. They chased away all of the bids that they solicited themselves throughrank incompetence, all the while stringing along supporters. The same supporters for whom they have shown nothing but disdain.

As for the numbers of boycotters etc, I think I will wait to see the BtB survey with over 1000 respondents. You know, to see data someone has taken the time to collect, rather than throwing out stupid numbers and ill informed/parrotted opinions.

22 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Supporting a football club is a passionate affair.
Feelings run high and opinions are strongly held.
Division is an unfortunate but inevitable consequence of where we find ourselves after the disgracefully inept and woefully out of touch behaviour of those in positions of power and influence at the club.
My choice is not to renew my season ticket or attend home matches until change is underway, hopefully the EGM will begin this process.
I certainly will not criticise any fan for turning up and supporting the team but I honestly think that pressure must be maintained on those in the comfy seats to help drive change, after all taking the fans for granted is their default setting.
As I am far too long in the tooth to be screaming blue murder at them I am protesting by withholding my custom.
Really looking forward to supporting the team at Ayr next week.
COYB

Split gate receipts in the cups

It’s a real sad state of affairs we’re in currently and never have I ever felt so alienated from my club. For me, the reason that I’m boycotting home games is that, while it’s unpleasant to do so, I want to starve the club of my money until there’s change. Ultimately, the board have proven themselves to be cash hungry businessmen rather than fans as they want us to believe, hence the holding out for better offers approach that we are currently seeing. They are putting their own personal benefit first rather than what’s in the best interest of the club. By starving the club of money, what is the incentive for them to stay? They won’t be turning any sort of profit and are more likely to lose some of their own money.
That’s the way I’m looking at it anyway.

47 minutes ago, LatapyBairn said:

Happy to discuss the statement. While interesting, it didn’t really tell us much new information. 

I actually think the BtB bid may well be the best way forward at this stage. However, it seems naive at best to think that the BoD shouldn’t even consider other offers that may well be serious and positive for the club. They may not be, but the club are right to have a look, and that is a process that unfortunately takes time. 

It is also naive to assume you have preferred bidder status when this hasn’t even been confirmed verbally by the party selling, never mind in writing. 

I hope the BtB proposal can be progressed if the other bids are not suitable, as I think it is in the best interests of everyone involved. However, the BoD are duty bound to investigate all options on the table, and the other bids on the table may well have something to offer the football club, which is what matters most in all of this.

Fucking shut it you Board patsy p***k!!

42 minutes ago, LatapyBairn said:

Even if that's accepted at face value, was the way that news of these offers was broken to the fans' group appropriate?

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Even if that's accepted at face value, was the way that news of these offers was broken to the fans' group appropriate?

No, ideally the BoD would have informed them directly. However, I’m not sure why the fans group seem to believe they were entitled to exclusivity when they weren’t told that.