The Falkirk FC Thread

Can you explain this real fan pish ?
Using your logic makes me a real fan of Westlife, Boyzone and Justin Bieber as I choose to boycott/avoid them
If we fail to get promoted, the board run up massive debt and leave us facing closure will this real fan pish appear again ?
90% perhaps more want the owners to gtf, that's the bigger issue than this real fan pish

I’ll explain in one simple sentence . If the fans don’t give them cash they will have no choice but to leave.
It’s our main weapon .

3 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

I’ll explain in one simple sentence . If the fans don’t give them cash they will have no choice but to leave.
It’s our main weapon .

Can't understand this thinking.

If you're wanting new investment, then surely cutting income, and increasing debt/losses, makes people less likely to want involved?

Blackpool almost died, and are still suffering financially, because of their fan boycott, and in the end it wasn't even the boycott that removed the owners.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Can't understand this thinking.

If you're wanting new investment, then surely cutting income, and increasing debt/losses, makes people less likely to want involved?

Blackpool almost died, and are still suffering financially, because of their fan boycott, and in the end it wasn't even the boycott that removed the owners.

Suggestions?

I'm not for a boycott, although I can understand those who are.  There must be ways of putting pressure on the board without turning our backs from our team?  Surely that just removes money from recruitment and puts unnecessary pressure on the guys on the field who will have to deliver results with fewer resources and puts more money in the pockets of our rivals as many of you are just going to away games.  

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Suggestions?

I'm not sure tbh, its nothing something I've ever had with Saints so maybe I'd feel differently if/when that ever happened, but I'd hope there would be a way to remove them without damaging the club. 

Football seems to be a habit, and I worry that the season ticket holders who stop going now won't return when you do eventually change hands, and you'll lose supporters because of that. I know a lot of Saints fans stopped going when we got relegated, promising to return upon promotion, but got into the habit of doing other things and they've never come back, its obviuolsy a different scenario though. It seems to be easier to get people to stop going, rather than getting them back, so I'd be wary about encouraging fans away from games, no matter how well intentioned it is.

As I say though, I've never had personal experience of your situation so I'm looking at it through a window, I'm probably wrong.

I was wondering that myself. This time last year we kicked off the season with a home Saturday game that had an attendance of 1730. If you assume similar numbers but with a slight drop due to the boycott I'd guess around 1500.

Not sure it will be as many as 1500 but you never know. From our group, more are intending to go on Tuesday night than today.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I just dont want us to be a fucking basket case. The football will take care of itself. I want the club to be active in the community, to try and get people into supporting their local club, and to stand for something in Scottish football.

If the club is well run by engaged, intelligent people then the football and the community will come. A well backed and well run club in Scotland will find its way to the top league.

Thats what I want. We are where we deserve to be currently. If we want to change that the change will also have to be deserved.

3 hours ago, LatapyBairn said:

Falkirk should be a premier league football club, and top six should not be beyond us. We had 5000 fans at the bottom of the championship last season and we’d  be getting significantly more in the top 6 of the premier league.

Quite apt that these two posts sit side by side. The difference in nature and outlook is startling, until you look at the usernames. 

One to be credited, one to be burned with fire. 

My question is why couldn’t some of the trialists be given a short term contract like Johnstone to cover the betfred games. Gives us a full squad and allows for McKinnon to continue to assess them. 3 subs are a complete joke.
Fifa rules on only playing for 2 clubs in a season. Few players would accept that offer.