The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, LatapyBairn said:

Falkirk should be a premier league football club, and top six should not be beyond us. We had 5000 fans at the bottom of the championship last season and we’d  be getting significantly more in the top 6 of the premier league.

See, this is why this tadger is on his third(?) Account.

You started this @Tynierose

I get why some folk wouldn't go to the games but I'd love to know how many of those saying don't go actually go themselves. 
I'll be going to the game because it's what I want to do on a Saturday. I've not renewed my season ticket for the first time in 12 seasons but will pick and choose what games to go to. I want to see our new look team so today is a game I'm going to attend. 

I’m roughly the same. Not renewed my season ticket but going today, won’t be at the Stranraer game. Will be at every away game and will go to the odd home game but not every game like I normally and as well won’t be purchasing any strips/merchandise that again normally would.

won't be attending today for a number of reasons, board issues and treating the league cup as a warm up match like Hartley did last season gets my goat. appreciate for a number of reasons we are short on squad numbers but if we do take best players off after 60 mins not great for a competitive match is like to win

46 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Of course it’s a danger but under the current regime the club has struggled , even if we limp back to the championship nobody would trust them to lead a bid to regain premiership status . They have to go because they are responsible for delivering failure . They have form of being clueless , I can only imagine the reaction if we start badly in the championship! I applaud the 500 who are with holding their ST money they will be joined by another 1000 who will refuse to pay at the gate . Real Falkirk fans care too much to toddle along as you put it. “Better meddle with the devil “

Can you explain this real fan pish ?

Using your logic makes me a real fan of Westlife, Boyzone and Justin Bieber as I choose to boycott/avoid them

If we fail to get promoted, the board run up massive debt and leave us facing closure will this real fan pish appear again ?

90% perhaps more want the owners to gtf, that's the bigger issue than this real fan pish

won't be attending today for a number of reasons, board issues and treating the league cup as a warm up match like Hartley did last season gets my goat. appreciate for a number of reasons we are short on squad numbers but if we do take best players off after 60 mins not great for a competitive match is like to win

We only have 11 signed players who are fit. There won t be any changes today as you have to have signed players to take part.

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We only have 11 signed players who are fit. There won t be any changes today as you have to have signed players to take part.

This shows how much of a joke we are at the moment and how badly we are run and for any MSG to try and even justify that needs booted in the haw maws

I just dont want us to be a fucking basket case. The football will take care of itself. I want the club to be active in the community, to try and get people into supporting their local club, and to stand for something in Scottish football.

If the club is well run by engaged, intelligent people then the football and the community will come. A well backed and well run club in Scotland will find its way to the top league.

Thats what I want. We are where we deserve to be currently. If we want to change that the change will also have to be deserved.

Genuinely impressive post.

Only 11 signed players who are fit at the start of a season?   Organising a #ish up in a brewery comes to mind.  That's not the board this time, that is Ray.

You sure?

It’s hardly like he’s only want to have such a short squad. It’s got to me that the budget is not there for him at the moment. Obviously wouldn’t help that it took so fucking long for the board to finally release the funds to allow him to get players in.

1 minute ago, Russ said:

You sure?

It’s hardly like he’s only want to have such a short squad. It’s got to me that the budget is not there for him at the moment. Obviously wouldn’t help that it took so fucking long for the board to finally release the funds to allow him to get players in.

No I'm not sure.  Just my opinion.

Sammon up top, 4231 then

I’d image it will be 4–2-3-1 aye (which will cause a lot of utter gimps to greet about one striker being defensive). But still got the option to go with the diamond and have MacLean up with Sammon.