The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I don't believe these other bids existed in any meaningful form and they're just stringing us along until the season starts in the hope that a string of good results against posties and plumbers makes the fans forget.

I may well be setting myself up for a massive fall and a hundred "told-you-sos" here, but I disagree.

The vibe within the club, at least as far as the staff know, has always been consistent. They're selling. They WILL sell.

I have no doubt there'll be some within the MSG / BOD whose motives are exactly as described, and it wouldn't be too hard to guess who.  They'll need to be dragged out kicking and screaming because they wont want to give up their power.

But in the end I just don't see how they can hang on. Even we win every game by five goals and have the league sown up by Christmas the fans WILL NOT forget what's gone before. And the minute the announcement is made that the MSG are staying put, all hell will be let loose. Irrespective of what's happening on the park.  

Where's the fun in being the big man in the boardroom if you have need a security detail to get you safely inside it?

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

You make a good point. That is getting the full benefit of the final product with the add on of cashing in as a young player moves to a higher level.

The value of the club has diminished as a result of ditching the youth academy. Falkirk had a great reputation as a place where young players could develop which maybe helped attract young players and encourage English clubs to loan players. I think ditching it has been detrimental to Falkirk.

Simple as this BTB in MSG out / controlling stake at least halved, well I wish it was that simple

Have we any evidence that these mystery Indian and American bidders actually exist. Seems like it could all have been bullshit to buy time and hope that results on the park make the fans forget !

Another genuine question or two:

How universal will the ill feeling towards the board be?  It's easy to read message boards and think they're representative, when in reality the fans involved are not a cross section - instead they're a self selected group who tend to be among the more committed/engaged.

Will there be fans for instance, with little knowledge or interest in this stuff, who just toddle along, much as usual today?  

The reason I ask Is that when we shamefully voted to put Newco Rangers into SFL1 in 2012, there was a natural outcry on here and other sites.  I know that for plenty however, it barely registered and had no real profile at games at all.

Are all Falkirk fans pretty much aware of this stuff? Has it featured in the local media etc?  Is there a risk that when the team does well in the League, which should be likely, anger towards the board becomes a minority sport?

3 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Have we any evidence that these mystery Indian and American bidders actually exist. Seems like it could all have been bullshit to buy time and hope that results on the park make the fans forget !

Yes. I know of people that have spoken to both parties, including folk external to FFC.

11 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

The Mark Campbell one existed going by the press what i would say is why would you ask for evidence the club is in good hands when one of the preferred bidders had openly said he wanted to turn the club into a feeder for Sunderland in what way was was that beneficial to FFC.

Other one i was thinking about is i can understand the boycott of games but we have a vocal support and if those vocal start chanting for the MSG to get tae f**K it has a better chance of being picked up by the media and press at the game rather than just being talked about on P&B not to mention it would make those of the MSG a wee bit uncomfy knowing there are those willing to hound them at the games with nowhere to hide rather than them turn up knowing that those that hate them arent going to be there so they dont have anything to worry about, just a thought though.

Edited by AL-FFC

Any drop due to a boycott will be dismissed as a natural fall in numbers due to relegation. What might get their attention is a massive rise in away support concurrent with a fall in home support - but that assumes they care. They don't and I don't think we'll see a noticeable rise in people going to away games anyway. 

Another genuine question or two:
How universal will the ill feeling towards the board be?  It's easy to read message boards and think they're representative, when in reality the fans involved are not a cross section - instead they're a self selected group who tend to be among the more committed/engaged.
Will there be fans for instance, with little knowledge or interest in this stuff, who just toddle along, much as usual today?  
The reason I ask Is that when we shamefully voted to put Newco Rangers into SFL1 in 2012, there was a natural outcry on here and other sites.  I know that for plenty however, it barely registered and had no real profile at games at all.
Are all Falkirk fans pretty much aware of this stuff? Has it featured in the local media etc?  Is there a risk that when the team does well in the League, which should be likely, anger towards the board becomes a minority sport?

Of course it’s a danger but under the current regime the club has struggled , even if we limp back to the championship nobody would trust them to lead a bid to regain premiership status . They have to go because they are responsible for delivering failure . They have form of being clueless , I can only imagine the reaction if we start badly in the championship! I applaud the 500 who are with holding their ST money they will be joined by another 1000 who will refuse to pay at the gate . Real Falkirk fans care too much to toddle along as you put it. “Better meddle with the devil “

1 minute ago, Stainrod said:

Real Falkirk fans care too much to toddle along as you put it. “Better meddle with the devil “

Alright, spare me the bravado.  I suppose I'm asking how many Falkirk fans are composed chiefly of cardboard.

Guest Ecosse83
41 minutes ago, BottiBiabi said:

Just a wee message for those planning to head down to the stadium today for the game :

Don’t.

I get why some folk wouldn't go to the games but I'd love to know how many of those saying don't go actually go themselves. 

I'll be going to the game because it's what I want to do on a Saturday. I've not renewed my season ticket for the first time in 12 seasons but will pick and choose what games to go to. I want to see our new look team so today is a game I'm going to attend. 

I have a question, where do Falkirk fans see themselves as a football club, are you an upper championship club or do you see yourself as a top flight club.   Certainly in my life time 40+ years the club have only been in the top flight for a decade of those.  Yes I acknowledge you were dome over with league reconstruction.

Crowd wise potential for lower half of top flight so realistically where do you see yourselves as a club and where would you be happy being?  Is the near miss  against Kilmarnock in play off enough to keep supporters satisfied or do you need to be at the mid noughties achievements under JH to be satisfied?

I have a question, where do Falkirk fans see themselves as a football club, are you an upper championship club or do you see yourself as a top flight club.   Certainly in my life time 40+ years the club have only been in the top flight for a decade of those.  Yes I acknowledge you were dome over with league reconstruction.
Crowd wise potential for lower half of top flight so realistically where do you see yourselves as a club and where would you be happy being?  Is the near miss  against Kilmarnock in play off enough to keep supporters satisfied or do you need to be at the mid noughties achievements under JH to be satisfied?
I just dont want us to be a fucking basket case. The football will take care of itself. I want the club to be active in the community, to try and get people into supporting their local club, and to stand for something in Scottish football.

If the club is well run by engaged, intelligent people then the football and the community will come. A well backed and well run club in Scotland will find its way to the top league.

Thats what I want. We are where we deserve to be currently. If we want to change that the change will also have to be deserved.

10 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Falkirk should be a premier league football club, and top six should not be beyond us. We had 5000 fans at the bottom of the championship last season and we’d  be getting significantly more in the top 6 of the premier league.

The Mark Campbell one existed going by the press what i would say is why would you ask for evidence the club is in good hands when one of the preferred bidders had openly said he wanted to turn the club into a feeder for Sunderland in what way was was that beneficial to FFC.

Other one i was thinking about is i can understand the boycott of games but we have a vocal support and if those vocal start chanting for the MSG to get tae f**K it has a better chance of being picked up by the media and press at the game rather than just being talked about on P&B not to mention it would make those of the MSG a wee bit uncomfy knowing there are those willing to hound them at the games with nowhere to hide rather than them turn up knowing that those that hate them arent going to be there so they dont have anything to worry about, just a thought though.
Hoping that those who go to the home games are still very vocal at the games towards the board/MSG as I'm sure the away following will be

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I just dont want us to be a fucking basket case. The football will take care of itself. I want the club to be active in the community, to try and get people into supporting their local club, and to stand for something in Scottish football.

If the club is well run by engaged, intelligent people then the football and the community will come. A well backed and well run club in Scotland will find its way to the top league.

Thats what I want. We are where we deserve to be currently. If we want to change that the change will also have to be deserved.

Well said 👏👏