The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

So, this group just assumed they had preferred bidder status without any written agreement whatsoever? Seems a tad naive.

I think normally you’d be right but in this case, the Board approached individuals to create and ascertain support for fan ownership. Unless I’m mistaken there was no suggestion that the club was actually ‘up for sale’. The club reached out to the support, not the other way about.

They clearly think everyone is thick as mince.

That bit is the crux of it.

Why would there ever be any need to even think about whether you were "preferred bidder" when the club wasnt actively for sale and the board had been encouraging (smokescreen we now know) fan ownership.

You surely only need to worry about being a preferred bidder in a scenario where you think there is likely to be multiple bidders?

The only reason we ended up in that scenario is because certain duplicitous wretches on the board strung BtB and the fans along whilst working in the background to block them, and whored the club around.

Naive perhaps, but only now are we finding put just how maliciously these people have behaved and just how much contempt they have for the fans.

So, this group just assumed they had preferred bidder status without any written agreement whatsoever? Seems a tad naive.
The club pretending other groups just happened to come forward at the same time is quite funny. They clearly think everyone is thick as mince.

This is not some group. It is 1000 fans who signed up.

There are various emails I believe that confirmed this was the only show in town.

Also bear in mind this was the club who wanted this and pursed the two individuals pull this together.

27 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:

What's does everyone think the attendance will be today, I'm going for 2200 at the best

I was wondering that myself. This time last year we kicked off the season with a home Saturday game that had an attendance of 1730. If you assume similar numbers but with a slight drop due to the boycott I'd guess around 1500.

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

That bit is the crux of it.

Why would there ever be any need to even think about whether you were "preferred bidder" when the club wasnt actively for sale and the board had been encouraging (smokescreen we now know) fan ownership.

You surely only need to worry about being a preferred bidder in a scenario where you think there is likely to be multiple bidders?

The only reason we ended up in that scenario is because certain duplicitous wretches on the board strung BtB and the fans along whilst working in the background to block them, and whored the club around.

Naive perhaps, but only now are we finding put just how maliciously these people have behaved and just how much contempt they have for the fans.

That all sounds fair.

Again though, what was the motivation for bringing the fans' group so far on board, only to later block them?  You clearly see it as a Machiavellian plot.  I don't quite understand what they were up to and why.

That all sounds fair.
Again though, what was the motivation for bringing the fans' group so far on board, only to later block them?  You clearly see it as a Machiavellian plot.  I don't quite understand what they were up to and why.
Some in the group likely believe in it and want whats best for the club.

Some other, who evidently shouted loudest, decided that they wanted to hold out for coin and acted accordingly.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Some in the group likely believe in it and want whats best for the club.

Some other, who evidently shouted loudest, decided that they wanted to hold out for coin and acted accordingly.

Right.

Are you saying then that having the fans' injection of cash on the table, bumped up the price for prospective buyers?

For once I'm not being a dick here.  I'm just trying to understand what was in it for board members to behave in this way.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

For once I'm not being a dick here.  I'm just trying to understand what was in it for board members to behave in this way.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s partly revenge after them getting chased out the car park last season.

Right.
Are you saying then that having the fans' injection of cash on the table, bumped up the price for prospective buyers?
The general feeling was that they would hand over their shares for free, if the correct stewardship for the club was in place, hence why they actively encouraged BtB to put together a proposal and gauge appetite from fans to commit money.

This is my understanding of it. Others are closer and know better, but I think some decided they wanted money, quietly worked to delay the fans bid, and went whoring.

Excellent statement from BtB.

We are very fortunate to have stalwarts like Kenny and David to have put in the amount of work they have on this to date.The problem is the incumbent board are being completely disrespectful to the supporters by buying time to “encourage others to bid “ in the full knowledge that the fans will wait in the wings.
If the MSG really care for the club they should embrace the BTB offer and stand aside. Lex Miller cold calling fans to ascertain what their issue is is downright pathetic . Intellectual nonce aside such behavior is indicative of how they conduct business it is no wonder that Arbroath are in the league above us .
Don’t they get it the supporters want our club back , nobody else is going to buy the club . The board need to realize they are not investors merely custodians . The sooner they capitulate and embrace a deal with the board then the fans anger will dissipate and we can all get on with the fitba!

I think they saw the fans group as another cash cow, keen to put money into the club like others do at places like Dunfermline. They had no real intention of handing over control. I don't believe these other bids existed in any meaningful form and they're just stringing us along until the season starts in the hope that a string of good results against posties and plumbers makes the fans forget.

39 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Right.

They say acceptance is the first stage on the road to recovery.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Even if you take the Board at their word - which I appreciate strains credulity to almost breaking point - they absolutely should have at least told them about the other bids, before revealing it on their website.
They think they can do whatever they want without consequence, which the ST sales show to be absolutely true.
The season ticket sales dont show that, since they are down on last year by a significant number, and there are people who belive they can cast credible doubt on the numbers released.