The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Remember the statement “we will subsidise the budget”? I do

I'm sure you'll ask them how much subsidising they've done at the EGM.

I never bought shares; I always preferred to put money into other areas which I thought benefitted the club more. I've regretted that in these last few years as there have been a number of AGMs which would have been interesting to witness.

Please make sure you publish full details afterwards for those of us who won't be able to attend.

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Regarding the statement, pretty much confirms the #ITK I received and put on here before about board members deliberately putting obstacles in front of the fans bid, stringing Kenny and David (and all of us, with actual hard earned coin at stake) and simultaneously soliciting bids from.... Well..... Does anyone even want to venture which of those bids were even real versus total lies?

I never doubted that some people were at it, though I disagreed - and still do - about one of the people you named.

As for bids being real, one former one definitely is, as is one current one. I know someone who has an involvement. No idea about the others.

Regardless of that, it's a good statement from BTB. Thumbs up from me.

43 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

chances are it could be 4-2-3-1, what would be the issue with that?

that sounded wide, just a bit bored of this 1 striker = negative football chat.

Wasnt that how it was supposed to be last season?  We all seen how that ended up!  However as someone else has highlighted, theres still time to complete the squad so will wait in hope. 

I never doubted that some people were at it, though I disagreed - and still do - about one of the people you named.
As for bids being real, one former one definitely is, as is one current one. I know someone who has an involvement. No idea about the others.
Regardless of that, it's a good statement from BTB. Thumbs up from me.
As ever, its everyones choice to find the middle ground between two sides where they believe the truth lies.

For me, everything else I was told is being mirrored in the BtB statement. It would appear its all coming true. That said, I doubt we will ever get naming and shaming. It wont help to move BtB forward, and if it did move forward it wouldnt serve to pull the club in the correct direction.

Being honest, it doesnt matter now. I think it will be obvious soon who should be the target of our anger and Lex Miller seems to be placing himself front and centre for that without any help from elsewhere.

But realistically, any member of the board or MSG who stands against that statement ought to be brave enough to put their hand up, and explain to me and you and everyone else here why the money pledged by us, encouraged and backed by them, yet remains in our banks, and they remain in their ivory tower, slagging off the fans.

46 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

https://r1.office-news.co.uk/5ES2-1VJO-32/sv.aspx

For those who have not had the email

It must be said that that's a terrific statement.  Measured and firm.

Genuine question:  I think it's very clear that the board acted in bad faith, in suddenly entertaining these other apparent unsolicited shows of interest, and announcing them the way they did.  Was it naive however, to assume exclusivity, rather than have it nailed down?

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It must be said that that's a terrific statement.  Measured and firm.

Genuine question:  I think it's very clear that the board acted in bad faith, in suddenly entertaining these other apparent unsolicited shows of interest, and announcing them the way they did.  Was it naive however, to assume exclusivity, rather than have it nailed down?

Possibly. 

Though I don't believe for a second the other bids were unsolicited. Timing would have to be way too coincidental for that to be true. They've revised that there was a market for their shares after seeing the interest in the BtB scheme and went all out looking for a sale. 

1 minute ago, GaryDoug said:

Possibly. 

Though I don't believe for a second the other bids were unsolicited. Timing would have to be way too coincidental for that to be true. They've revised that there was a market for their shares after seeing the interest in the BtB scheme and went all out looking for a sale. 

Yes, as the statement says, that all seemed a bit odd.

It certainly sounds fair that they assumed exclusivity; I just wonder if it was wise.  Was there reason before this to harbour suspicion about how the board might behave?

Yes, as the statement says, that all seemed a bit odd.
It certainly sounds fair that they assumed exclusivity; I just wonder if it was wise.  Was there reason before this to harbour suspicion about how the board might behave?

Just a wee bit

34 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I don’t think so as they all agreed it was the way forward in December.

If the board had previous for not being trustworthy though, would it not have been wise to have secured a binding commitment?  I'm perhaps being unrealistic, displaying my own ignorance on such matters, or in turn being naive.  

16 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

If the board had previous for not being trustworthy though, would it not have been wise to have secured a binding commitment?  I'm perhaps being unrealistic, displaying my own ignorance on such matters, or in turn being naive.  

I don't know enough about the ins and outs of business to suggest how that could be done. I do however know enough about the board to know that if there had been an exclusive period attached, they would have hummed and hawes till it expired, then revealed that there were other parties interested. 

The fact Ray mentioned in his description of Robbie Leitch 'he can play anwhere across the front three' makes me think it will be a 4-2-3-1 this season. 

I think we'll revert between a 4-2-3-1 and a 4-3-1-2 as we now have 4 players capable of playing in behind the striker(Connolly, Leitch, Tidser and Telfer)

In my opinion we still need another 6/7 players(4 loans and 3 permanent) to take us up to 22/23 players. There's 18 in a match day squad so an extra 4 in case of injuries and not to do the lad a disservice but I don't think Laverty will be anywhere near the first team so we only currently have 16 players. 

A gk- young lad on loan as cover

2 defenders 

2 midfielders

2 strikers

Edited by BairnNecessity

29 minutes ago, BairnNecessity said:

The fact Ray mentioned in his description of Robbie Leitch 'he can play anwhere across the front three' makes me think it will be a 4-2-3-1 this season. 

I think we'll revert between a 4-2-3-1 and a 4-3-1-2 as we now have 4 players capable of playing in behind the striker(Connolly, Leitch, Tidser and Telfer)

In my opinion we still need another 6/7 players(4 loans and 3 permanent) to take us up to 22/23 players. There's 18 in a match day squad so an extra 3 in case of injuries and not to do the lad a disservice but I don't think Laverty will be anywhere near the first team so we only currently have 16 players. 

A gk- young lad on loan as cover

2 defenders 

2 midfielders

2 strikers

The intention is to play a front two. There is no chance of a squad of 22/23 players, unless we suddenly get an unexpected windfall or clubs loan us players without expecting us to contribute to their wages.

I'll give you an example. This came from the discussion Ray had yesterday with the fans who're going to be walking up Kiliminjaro for Strathcarron, so it should be okay to post it as he's already given it out to supporters.

We inquired about a young striker from a Premiership club. Someone who's not ready for their first team, but who's slightly too old for the youth team. We could have him, but we'd have to pay his full wages - £700 a week. For someone who would be a third choice striker for us.

Not going to happen.

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I must admit, the first thing going through my head upon reading it was "Why on earth did you assume that without getting it in writing". Seems like a bit of a crazy thing to move forward on without actually getting confirmation.

I must admit, the first thing going through my head upon reading it was "Why on earth did you assume that without getting it in writing". Seems like a bit of a crazy thing to move forward on without actually getting confirmation.
Maybe they thought that they could trust the board to be true to their word. Knowing who our board contains I agree trust isn't a word you would associate with them.