The Falkirk FC Thread

So, we have a squad of 15 signed players which includes 2 goalkeepers. Agreeing that due to the league that we are in we have to cut our cloth to suit and run with a squad of 18 - 19 players that means that we are 4 players shy. Due to the fact that we can only play signed players, and this  being the day before the real action starts, does that mean that all our trialists now hold the whip hand and can up their demands for the the salary and length of contract that they want?

3 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

So, we have a squad of 15 signed players which includes 2 goalkeepers. Agreeing that due to the league that we are in we have to cut our cloth to suit and run with a squad of 18 - 19 players that means that we are 4 players shy. Due to the fact that we can only play signed players, and this  being the day before the real action starts, does that mean that all our trialists now hold the whip hand and can up their demands for the the salary and length of contract that they want?

I think we’ll get confirmation pretty soon of at least 2 or 3 signings. Don’t think we need to worry about being held to ransom by some trialists who don’t have a club 1 day before the season starts 👍

See on the picture we’ve just tweeted out there’s Cieran Dunne, Ciaran Summers and Lewis Toshney are all there.

Can we assume they’ve signed if they’re still here training?

DO we have any reserve players or u19's that can sit on the bench for Saturday? 

Nope.

4 minutes ago, Russ said:

See on the picture we’ve just tweeted out there’s Cieran Dunne, Ciaran Summers and Lewis Toshney are all there.

Nope.

Who’s between Dixon and Doyle in said photo?

Nope.
I've heard Dunne is off

Who’s between Dixon and Doyle in said photo?

Reckon that’s Paul McKay. He was trialist number 16 against Brechin the other night.

I've heard Dunne is off

He’s definitely there in that picture.

Jeepers lads.  I think dear old Marshmallo has maybe lost it again, a bit like he did towards the end of the season.

He's just red dotted about twenty of my posts across four or five threads - most of them perfectly innocuous in nature.

I hope the lad's ok.  I worry about him a little at times.  Keep an eye on him. 

Edited by Monkey Tennis

2 minutes ago, Rocco said:
12 minutes ago, Russ said:

Nope.

I've heard Dunne is off

Such a shame. I think we all held out hopes for Cieran in a Last of the Mohicans way, being the only Academy youngster left at TFS. 
(Laverty came in from Hamilton). 

If this is indeed the case, really do wish him well.

Dallas didn’t set the heather alight in the Championship so it would seem a reasonable assumption that he would move down to League 1 for a season. Rudden took the chance that was presented to him and had he not got a bad injury, would almost certainly be playing for one of the top teams in the championship this season or a Livvi or Hamilton in the premiership.

18 minutes ago, Russ said:

The picture was taken yesterday when we still had unsigned players training with the squad. I don't think you can infer anything from it, except that players were still under consideration.

To answer Stuperman's question - there are no U19 or reserve players. All were released at the end of last season. CD is the only one remaining and he's just training with us.

And before anyone asks, I'm done for the day. Any announcements now are in the hands of the club.

The picture was taken yesterday when we still had unsigned players training with the squad. I don't think you can infer anything from it, except that players were still under consideration.
To answer Stuperman's question - there are no U19 or reserve players. All were released at the end of last season. CD is the only one remaining and he's just training with us.
And before anyone asks, I'm done for the day. Any announcements now are in the hands of the club.

So what you’re saying is, you’ve used your camera today? Or not?

Dallas was not ready for the championship last season but who knows how he will do as he develops. Rangers clearly think highly enough of him.

We had absolutely nothing up front the first half of last season so Johansson seemed excited that we would have a striker he'd worked with before that would run the channels and harass defenders. After a decent debut he soon went out the team despite our lack of options and never really made it back in, and any time Johansson did throw him a bone it was painful to watch. If I remember correctly his best game for us was away to Falkirk towards end of the season but even then he was average.

I think the fact that Johansson worked with him at rangers and we were crying out for a striker with his attributes yet he still doesn't trust Dallas says it all about his performance levels.