The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

Did Morton fans no have a good laugh and  say that Lawrence Shankland was a shit player who would never make it before he scored a barrow load of goals in league one and then the championship?

Yes. 

His colleague is also a talented youth scout who can determine how players are likely to develop as they mature so I’d take notice and stay well clear. 

Edited by wee_bairn

17 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Yes. 

His colleague is also a talented youth scout who can determine how players are likely to develop as they mature so I’d take notice and stay well clear. 

No no, he’s just a big football fan like you or I whose opinion I value on the basis he watches his team every week. God forbid the guy should have an opinion on players as we do with the likes of Lewis, Turner etc

Edited by Relegator Ritchie

4 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

No no, he’s just a big football fan like you or I whose opinion I value on the basis he watches his team every week. God forbid the guy should have an opinion on players as we do. 

Of course he is. All I’m saying is IF Dallas does sign as our back-up striker, he may or may not do well for the club. Going solely on someone opinion who’s watched him flop on a 5 months loan deal isn’t exactly fair on the lad. 

Edited by wee_bairn

4 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

No no, he’s just a big football fan like you or I whose opinion I value on the basis he watches his team every week. God forbid the guy should have an opinion on players as we do with the likes of Lewis, Turner etc

What were his opinions on Lawrence Shankland when he was watching him every week? 

Just now, FalkirkLad said:

f**k me this chat is boring, can someone post some eyes again pls??

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

14 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Of course he is. All I’m saying is IF Dallas does sign as our back-up striker, he may or may not do well for the club. Going solely on someone opinion who’s watched him flop on a 5 months loan deal isn’t exactly fair on the lad. 

Yep, you’re right. I’m sure a spell on Love Island is just what Dennon Lewis needed to kickstart his career. Now than Dan Turner has been given the heave from Port Vale, I look forward to seeing how he develops at his next club. After all, both are only young lads. Would be totally unfair to write them off just because they flopped with us. 

Edited by Relegator Ritchie

7 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

Said he was a fat useless b*****d 😂

Which he was, McCall has done to Shankland what Yogi did to Higdon but it wouldn't surprise me to see Shankland fail next season.

Whoever we do sign should be judged on what they do for Falkirk, a case for looking at history but all that matters is how they do with us

8 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

Yep, you’re right. I’m sure a spell on Love Island is just what Dennon Lewis needed to kickstart his career. Now than Dan Turner has been given the heave from Port Vale, I look forward to seeing how he develops at his next club. After all, both are only young lads. Would be totally unfair to write them off just because they flopped with us. 

has this Dallas pumped your Mrs or something? You are trying so hard to write off a 19 year old lad before he's even been announced.

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

Which he was, McCall has done to Shankland what Yogi did to Higdon but it wouldn't surprise me to see Shankland fail next season.

Whoever we do sign should be judged on what they do for Falkirk, a case for looking at history but all that matters is how they do with us

Correct. If this guy does sign we have no idea how he'll play at this level and lets face it he wont be the first player to do ok after being utter dugshit at Morton.

Dallas was simply out of his depth at Championship level. He was too physically weak and tactically naive at this stage of his career and so was easily handled by opposition defenders. The seaside leagues are so bad that practically any dung forward can rack up double figures with enough game time though so this could be a viable starting point for his senior career.