The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

Don’t disagree that these things should be kept under wraps. Wrt the player in question though, I’d rather we took a punt on one of the young French trialists than someone we already know is bang average like Dallas. 

How many games have you watched him play? I feel like you're basing the fact he never scored many goals for a piss poor Morton side last season as him being bang average. I've not looked into it but I imagine he never really featured for them other than coming off the bench a few times. He was the reserve league top goalscorer last season and also scored 3 in six at Stenhousemuir last season whilst on loan.

Guest Ecosse83
11 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

Don’t disagree that these things should be kept under wraps. Wrt the player in question though, I’d rather we took a punt on one of the young French trialists than someone we already know is bang average like Dallas. 

To be fair the laddie is only 19. I haven't seen him play so can't comment on his ability but he is still very young.

7 minutes ago, BairnNecessity said:

How many games have you watched him play? I feel like you're basing the fact he never scored many goals for a piss poor Morton side last season as him being bang average. I've not looked into it but I imagine he never really featured for them other than coming off the bench a few times. He was the reserve league top goalscorer last season and also scored 3 in six at Stenhousemuir last season whilst on loan.

I’ve only watched him live when he played against us for Morton, but I work with 2 Morton fans (80% of their home gates) who saw almost all of his appearances for them. They think it’s hilarious that we’re even entertaining bringing him in.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

A player is / was under consideration who meets the criteria you've specified. 

If a certain individual knows about it, which I believe he does, it's hardly surprising that he's told the entire world. There's a shepherd on a mountain top in Outer Mongolia who knows what FFC are up to the minute decisions are made. 

And I bet he's a better footballer than the one we had.

11 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

That's because Lex Miller is in charge of the footballing side.  He cannot keep his mouth shut.

As someone on here said a wee while ago, if there was a village full of idiots, lex would still be the village idiot. 

Andy Thomson is no better, he’s got a bigger ego than George Craig had and that’s saying something. 

I cant believe sometimes the utter buffoons running our club. The Trump And Johnstone show.

I’ve only watched him live when he played against us for Morton, but I work with 2 Morton fans (80% of their home gates) who saw almost all of his appearances for them. They think it’s hilarious that we’re even entertaining bringing him in.
Whats your source that we are entertaining bringing him in?

Kevin Nesbit wasn’t the greatest in the championship but scored for fun in League 1. Dallas may do the same. For someone who hasn't even watched him play to write him off is just bizarre. 

Edited by wee_bairn

1 minute ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

As someone on here said a wee while ago, if there was a village full of idiots, lex would still be the village idiot. 

Andy Thomson is no better, he’s got a bigger ego than George Craig had and that’s saying something. 

I cant believe sometimes the utter buffoons running our club. The Trump And Johnstone show.

Just hope that Boris is half as good as Trump.

American stock market and economy is at an all time high.

Whats not to like

Are you forgetting that most Morton fans are cock wombles? The guy scored 3 goals in 6 games for a Stenhousemuir team that got relegated. A 19 year old who maybe didn't perform well in a poor Morton side, doesn't necessarily mean he'll be shite in a lower division with a team that should be up the top end of the table.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

Whats your source that we are entertaining bringing him in?

Morton fan at work who tends to know everything and anything about their dealings. Told me this morning he was due to sign today. Also know a good friend of young Robbie who was delighted to tell him he’d signed with us. No link here to any of the arseholes in the boardroom I’m afraid, but that’s not disputing they can’t keep their fat traps shut.

If Dallas does sign you have to think McKinnon is hoping he's going to have a similar impact to Rudden. That said no guarantees.  I'd rather we went for someone a bit more proven than Dallas but he may do as a squad player if we are still signing another striker. 

6 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Kevin Nesbit wasn’t the greatest in the championship but scored for fun in League 1. Dallas may do the same. For someone who hasn't even watched him properly to write him off is just bizarre. 

Did you miss my earlier comment where I took the word of colleagues who have saw him regularly, or did you just skip that part? 🤔

1 minute ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

Morton fan at work who tends to know everything and anything about their dealings. Told me this morning he was due to sign today. Also know a good friend of young Robbie who was delighted to tell him he’d signed with us. No link here to any of the arseholes in the boardroom I’m afraid, but that’s not disputing they can’t keep their fat traps shut.

How would a Morton fan know the dealings between Rangers and Falkirk?

2 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

Did you miss my earlier comment where I took the word of colleagues who have saw him regularly, or did you just skip that part? 🤔

Yes I seen that. I assume you missed that I had said that Nesbit wasn’t very good at Championship level previously and would have received a similar review from his previous clubs.

Edited by wee_bairn

4 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

How would a Morton fan know the dealings between Rangers and Falkirk?

Hardly unthinkable is it? Perhaps Morton were enquiring about his availability this season. I’m guessing he’s just heard that yet another player on loan at Morton last season is making his way to The Fawkurk Stadium. 🤷‍♂️ Turns out he was right though as Bainsford has all but confirmed.

6 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Yes I seen that. I assume you missed that I had said that Nesbit wasn’t very good at Championship level previously and would have received a similar review from his previous clubs.

I couldn’t care less about Nesbit, only the one we’re about to sign. 👍

Edited by Relegator Ritchie