The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I wouldnt really see him as a striker though. Nearly always plays out wide when I've seen him.

McKinnon did say it could be someone that can cut in from wide areas. 

4 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

First “competitive” game tomorrow and by my reckoning we have 12 fit signed players two of whom are keepers.
Not good.
Even allowing for a few signing today this is a pretty shoddy way to run a football club of our size.

I fully expect Toshney announced today, and another striker at least. 

First “competitive” game tomorrow and by my reckoning we have 12 fit signed players two of whom are keepers.
Not good.
Even allowing for a few signing today this is a pretty shoddy way to run a football club of our size.

You would assume that both Gomis and MacLean are fit for tomorrow with only carrying a small knock. No point risking them on Tuesday when we could use trialists when we can’t tomorrow.

If the rumours I’ve heard are true then Toshney will most certainly be announced with 2 loanees also from a championship club. Could we even see a trialist sign from the pre season games?

Not heard anything at all about an Ex Morton striker signing. But it’s Ray McKinnon so you never know I suppose.

Connor Bell was decent for us in 17/18,  It's just a shame for him that Nathan Austin hit a hot streak and he got forced out and we ended up playing Oakley and Austin as our front two.

15 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not good.

If you ever bought into Latapy/Edi bairns posts we are a fine well oiled machine of a club and we should be lucky to have owners that have forked out their own hard earned cash to keep the club going, this is precisely how the cutting of the academy has bit the club on the arse (well done FFC and CC in particular for that decision).

I reckon we should be trying to get Logan Chalmers on loan from United.  Great young prospect who has played in a few first team games for them and Mckinnon really rated him when he was there.  Got loads of ability and pace and would be a great foil for the other two we have at the moment.

10 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

If the rumours I’ve heard are true then Toshney will most certainly be announced with 2 loanees also from a championship club. Could we even see a trialist sign from the pre season games?

Not heard anything at all about an Ex Morton striker signing. But it’s Ray McKinnon so you never know I suppose.

I thought we'd heard the same rumour but my rumour was a Striker on loan from a premiership team quite excited by him to be honest definitely shown he's got goals in him. Toshney is a certainty not a very exciting signing but he'll do the job and can play a few positions if he stays fit. My other I can't work out if it's a loan or a permanent signing as I don't know if he's been released but that's also from a premiership club.

32 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Welcome back Andy Nelson :)

35 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Just say the names then FFS 😅

1 hour ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

Correct with the Morton connection from last season (yet again!). That should be enough to spell it out. May turn out to be a load of pish I’m hearing though🤞 

A player is / was under consideration who meets the criteria you've specified. 

If a certain individual knows about it, which I believe he does, it's hardly surprising that he's told the entire world. There's a shepherd on a mountain top in Outer Mongolia who knows what FFC are up to the minute decisions are made. 

I know the Betfred cup is pretty much meh but I think not having enough to fill the bench 24 hours before our first competitive game is pretty poor though.   That will change today no doubt but skin of the teeth territory.