The Falkirk FC Thread

It’s laughable if it weren’t so worrying. They read this forum (Hi Lex, Hi Andy) and should know what the fans are thinking. They will also have eyes through their friends who is saying what on that Facebook page so I don’t really understand what a meeting would achieve.

Other than for them hoping that someone who the fans know organised the last protest and possibly future protests now sees them as friends rather than foes.
They will be hoping to lie to, intimidate, scaremonger and otherwise hoodwink the proprietors of the FB page into toeing the line.

This is why Craig Campbell used to reply ro fans concerns with "come down to my office for a chat"

Honestly, the parallels I see in this gang with the bully boy style management I see at my work is incredible. I dont know enough about the MSG to knownwhat their individual business interests are, but I would bet pound to a penny they treat everyone around them like shite in their own domain too.

Anyone taking a meeting with Lex or any of the others would be well advised to record it for "accuracy".
Highly likely you would turn up to a 3 on 1 type effort where they try to belittle and humiliate you behind a thin veil of cheap platitudes.

Personally id invite Kenny Jamieson to chaperone me.

It's not often in recent times that I have sided with the boards decisions and by no means do I want them to stay, but I think Lex contacting someone to discuss the concerns of the fans would be a step forward. The only real issues with it that I have are the fact that only one person has been asked to represent the entire support and the fact that it was completely out of the blue leaving little time to collate opinions.  At least they would be somewhat trying to rebuild the bridges that they have spent the last 18 months burning down.  

The majority of us have been vocal about their opinions on various platforms and rightly so. I'm also more than sure that the board will have been made aware at some point of the posts on these platforms. Would the board get any new information from meeting representatives face to face? Probably not. But it would give a chance for us to be filled in on the steps forward and the takeover situation which is unfortunately looking less and less likely.

Just now, Falkirkfan1985 said:

the signings turned out to be shite but the buzz from this post was immense

Yes, if Hartley, "Mitch" and the players had performed as well as the social media team did last summer we'd be preparing for a season in the premiership right now.

My one point I really want clarified next Friday is why have they renaged on their promise to allow the fans to buy a percentage of shares in the club.

I am not a shareholder but I have friends who are that I know will be at the meeting next week. I don't trust the board but I do trust my friends. If they come away from the meeting convinced that Lex and Co. do really have the clubs best interests at heart and are actively trying to sell the club to real genuine bidders then I would consider renewing.

I'm not holding my breath though that a lot of good will come from the board side at next weeks meeting.

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

We are not obsessed personally I couldn’t give a flying f—k .But by infiltrating this site with the intention of spouting pro MSG propaganda 

Absolutely magnificent nonsense.

Pro - MSG propaganda?  From me?  I genuinely haven't a clue what MSG stands for or means.  I suggest you actually read my posts before attacking them.  

Tremendous effort - completely bonkers.

19 hours ago, Enigma said:

Maybe the guys just don’t believe a fan ownership model is the way to go in general for the betterment of the club. I don’t really buy into the arguments against it but you do seems to risk having guys without real world experience of running a business or other organisation in fairly senior positions, I believe such a thing happened at Berwick with dire consequences, for example. Our ‘fans representative’ has not always been the most appropriate choice, just whoever is in with the right people in the supporters clubs.

Again not something I agree with necessarily but I often hear that the “benevolent dictator” generally produces the best outcomes for a football club so long as said person is sane, think of a Geoff Brown type figure.

I think ideally you’d have something in between both models. A board of diverse talents, guys who know how to run a business, finance guys, guys who really know the footballing side and a benefactor or two willing to put their own money up when the chips are down, along with fan representation and some percentage of fan ownership.

But they agreed it was the right way forward and have now reneged on this.  Lets face it the people replacing them aren't going to be total schmucks.  The new bod would also need people with real world experiences of running businesses in failrly senior positions and I sure as hell can't see them doing as bad a job as the current incumbents. 

Guest Ecosse83
4 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

From what I’m hearing, prepare to be hugely underwhelmed by a striker who doesn’t score goals...👎

Storey?

2 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

From what I’m hearing, prepare to be hugely underwhelmed by a striker who doesn’t score goals...👎

Looking at Johnstone and Sammon's goal stats over the years whoever it is won't be out of place.