The Falkirk FC Thread

After the Farid "Pound" t-shirts, our new found cult hero Michael Doyle has come up with a good phrase which will go well on a t-shirt (judging by his comments on Falkirk TV)

"I'm a fit guy!"

"You can get yer suit back now!"

Good to see his character, after seeing some of the miserable, wannabe models of seasons past

14 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

When we got to the cup final and had a worldwide stage wonder why there wasn't a massive sack the board protest then? Would've had maximum effect. Do you honestly believe if hartley backed by allegedly our biggest ever budget (terrible a board acting like that and supporting a manager) had got more like Nelson and the jak from the english reserves instead of lewis and we'd gone up instead of down fans would be boycotting? Again if people thought the board really did think we were racists and it wasn't just a badly worded statement then why didn't people stop going then, why no talk of even boycotting the club shop, not buying 50/50 tickets etc? Why only when we went down did protest really start if it's not to do with how we perform on the pitch?

You could be right, I don't know everyone's reasons for renewing or not renewing, I could be grabbing the wrong end of the stick (wouldn't be the first time!) but that's the way I see it. I'd like us now to go forward with the fan's bid and the team to totally destroy this league COYB.

It's naive to think that the 'boycott' is down to one particular reason. There has been an accumulation of miss-management from this board that has led to the backlash. You keep referring to the Houston era as if it was some spectacular achievement however we didn't win the Scottish Cup or get promoted in fact this is when the decline of the club deepened. We had all the cash from Sevco, Hearts and Hibs being in the league banked at one point and I am sure we were promised this would be used to push for promotion. What happened to those funds? Relegation to league one was probably the last straw for some including myself. The racist allegation was just one thing in a long list (posted multiple times on this thread and social media) for which relegation was the straw that broke the camel’s back so to speak. 

I generally believe most things I'm told. Unless they come from Morton fans. (Oops, I did it again, as Britney said. Sorry Jamie)
That's one of the downsides of being a nice guy: automatically trusting people.
If you believe otherwise, perhaps you'ld like to share your reasoning with us? Specific reasoning I mean, not just a list of all the inaccurate statements that have been issued over the years.
I know a close friend of yours served on the board at the time. I'd be interested to hear your / his insight, given that more than six years have passed since then.

Read the last two statements on ownership. Tell me they have worked out as factual or not

Guest Ecosse83
47 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

Wasn't Jim McIntyre offered the job before PH but turned it down?

Yes. Think he wanted a rolling contract but the club wouldn't give him that.

I’m beginning to think your BOD are going to f**k you guys over. 

Why wouldn’t they embrace a fans take over? They’d then know that the clubs best interests will be taken care of.  I’d be very suspicious of their motives here, I cynically think that when/if they go, they’ll empty your coffers before doing so. 

Going by what I've read on here it sounds like this lot are dragging their heels, and that can only be to get the best deal for them and not the club. 

No wonder you guys are totally raging, these fuckers look like they’re  only out to look after themselves no matter what damage it does to your club. I hope you can hunt them to f**k out as I hate those type of c***s that use clubs like ours as a piggy bank. 

1 minute ago, P475 said:

Why wouldn’t they embrace a fans take over? They’d then know that the clubs best interests will be taken care of.  I’d be very suspicious of their motives here, I cynically think that when/if they go, they’ll empty your coffers before doing so. 

Going by what I've read on here it sounds like this lot are dragging their heels, and that can only be to get the best deal for them and not the club. 

No wonder you guys are totally raging, these fuckers look like they’re  only out to look after themselves no matter what damage it does to your club. I hope you can hunt them to f**k out as I hate those type of c***s that use clubs like ours as a piggy bank. 

It feels that way tbh, the club would be getting a cash injection and a monthly income stream with the fan ownership model. All they'd have to do is give up some but not all of their power as it wasn't a complete fans takeover (as i understand it).

When they proposed the plan it genuinely seemed like the best solution for everyone.

22 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

It feels that way tbh, the club would be getting a cash injection and a monthly income stream with the fan ownership model. All they'd have to do is give up some but not all of their power as it wasn't a complete fans takeover (as i understand it).

When they proposed the plan it genuinely seemed like the best solution for everyone.

Hence my suspicion m8. This whole thing reeks. 

24 minutes ago, P475 said:

I can't see them ever doing that.  To give these guys their due a lot of them were there when the club was in its darkest hour and were instrumental in saving it.  No point in doing that if at some point down the line your then going to put it back in the shitter.  I'm not concerned about that side of thing I just think these guys have been in charge for so long they just don't want to let go. If they had wanted to do a runner with the cash they would've done it when we had over a million n the bank and not now that thats all gone due to dreadful managerial appointments .

1 hour ago, Stuperman01 said:

Wasn't Jim McIntyre offered the job before PH but turned it down?

Not sure but it doesn't change the point 

The board pick who they like and go for him regardless of whether he applies.

I very much doubt the board have ever turned down the guy they like/want for someone who has a great CV

Seeing as it's been quoted a couple of times, which of the following managers do we think applied and were preferred to someone else the board would have liked?

Ray

Hartley

Houston

Holt

Pressley

May

Hughes

McCall

Totten

That's every manager since 97. 

4 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Genuine transfer rumour here. A guy I work with is pretty sure he just saw Iain Vigurs at the stadium.

Whilst the chances of it being him are very slim I would've said centre mid is one of the areas we're already pretty well covered in compared to some others.

Seeing as it's been quoted a couple of times, which of the following managers do we think applied and were preferred to someone else the board would have liked?
Ray
Hartley
Houston
Holt
Pressley
May
Hughes
McCall
Totten
That's every manager since 97. 

IMHO

Applied;

Ray McKinnon (Both club & manager were as bad as each other I think)
Gary Holt

Everyone else would have been approached I think.