The Falkirk FC Thread

40 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

That wouldnt surpise me, reckon he 3 directors appointed last week was to appease the fans and for to deflect some flak from the MSG, the 2 bids in the best interest of the club were the 2 that pulled the pin i reckon and the Mark Campbell and the Indian one were the MSG wanting their payday

If it's true that all bids have pulled out then that is nothing short of a disgrace that these clowns are still at the helm on the eve of a new season. 

9 minutes ago, LatapyBairn said:

Our directors don’t receive any payment from the club, so lower season ticket sales will have absolutely no impact on them.

Surely it's intended to withhold support for a regime, rather than to deprive individuals of wealth?

It's not intended to reduce their income though, even though some do financially benefit from their association and influence at the club. And no I can't clarify that, for obvious reasons.  
The boycott is intended to hurt the club. If the custodians care about FFC, rather than only themselves - as they claim -  then they'd consider if their presence was damaging it and whether it would be better for them to walk away. 
I believe some are willing to do that. Others think they know best and are enjoying their positions too much to contemplate slipping quietly off into the night. 
Oh, and can we please desist with the phrase "unpaid volunteers" when talking about the board?  
Someone who has the power to change the salaries, working hours & issue redundancy notices to FFC employees who've been there for decades should not have such an innocuous title. It's suitable for Jean, or the FFC TV guys, or the folk who sell raffle tickets, work in Hospitality or help out with kitman duties. It certainly doesn't apply to club Directors. 

[emoji1319]

7 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Oh, and can we please desist with the phrase "unpaid volunteers" when talking about the board?  

TBF it's only Edi/LatapyBairn that does it ............and me when I laugh at him.

BTW If we are making requests can we please ban LatapyBairn as he is absolutely soiling the name of one of the greatest Falkirk legends of all time  (as well as being a complete patsy for the BOD/ or actually on the BOD ). 

TBF it's only Edi/LatapyBairn that does it ............and me when I laugh at him.
BTW If we are making requests can we please ban LatapyBairn as he is absolutely soiling the name of one of the greatest Falkirk legends of all time  (as well as being a complete patsy for the BOD/ or actually on the BOD ). 

Hes not on the BOD, but its very probable that he is a patsy for one of them.

Even their patsys are pathetic though. The fact that this idiot has been skelped at one time or another by almost all of us, with his posts routinely dismantled is symptomatic of the boards view that the fanbase lacks intelligence.

They are going to get fucking destroyed at the EGM, since they have not sccounted for having to face up to intelligent, articulate fans who actually do want whats best for the club and who wont be hoodwinked.

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

They are going to get fucking destroyed at the EGM, since they have not sccounted for having to face up to intelligent, articulate fans who actually do want whats best for the club and who wont be hoodwinked.

Some of whom will ask if we're scouting the juniors or putting a man on the post at corners. 

14 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

None of which alters what I said.

The racism thing would have excited annoyance at the time, but would barely be getting mentioned now, had Hartley recruited skilfully, rather than calamitously last summer.  Similarly, the academy decision would now be looking like a masterstroke. 

I'm not for a moment suggesting that the board have got lots right; they demonstrably haven't.  However, I am saying that it's a dreadful on field season that's applied pressure now - a pressure that will ease if/when the team starts winning.

We were fecking awful the year before too. Its not just one season.

12 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

We were fecking awful the year before too. Its not just one season.

Yes, but it's taken an absolutely dreadful season with a serious consequence for things to kick off in this way.

Again, I'm not suggesting this is unique to Falkirk, but a similarly disappointing season to the previous one would not have seen this outcry.

We've now been out the premier  league 10 years. In that time we've challenged for the championship  title once. We've had one dreadful managerial appointment after another whilst clubs like st mirren, livi and hamilton have managed to appoint managers that have seen them get promoted on smaller budgets. We've gone from having a thriving academy that kept the club alive and brought in sizeable sums of money to having no academy, no money in the bank despite having made a million pound plus profit a few seasons ago and after all that we are now in league one. The money spent shouldve been more than enough to see us challenge for promotion not get relegated.  Add to that the complete and utter shambles off the park where fans have been treated as total shmucks . I fail to see how anyone can still back this bunch of complete clowns.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, but it's taken an absolutely dreadful season with a serious consequence for things to kick off in this way.

Again, I'm not suggesting this is unique to Falkirk, but a similarly disappointing season to the previous one would not have seen this outcry.

I think the shenanigans behind the scenes have instigated a lot of it though. The fan ownership plans were going forward before we got relegated so change was being pushed for anyway. The bod's subsequent stalling on that has seen a definite up surge in animosity towards them . If this had been carried through to its expected conclusion then protests wouldve never occurred.

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I think the shenanigans behind the scenes have instigated a lot of it though. The fan ownership plans were going forward before we got relegated so change was being pushed for anyway. The bod's subsequent stalling on that has seen a definite up surge in animosity towards them . If this had been carried through to its expected conclusion then protests wouldve never occurred.

This.

AIUI - fans (including myself) were prepared to put extra money in monthly to a value of £800k initially but ongoing in return for a say in how the club was run. This was agreed by the board but then reneged upon. They then muddied the waters with pish about "other buyers" which is looking like a stalling tactic to get them to the start of this season.

It's clear they don't want fan's involvement in the club.

Hes not on the BOD, but its very probable that he is a patsy for one of them.

Even their patsys are pathetic though. The fact that this idiot has been skelped at one time or another by almost all of us, with his posts routinely dismantled is symptomatic of the boards view that the fanbase lacks intelligence.

If Sheps is someone's idea of a charm offensive, God help them!

If Sheps is someone's idea of a charm offensive, God help them!
But they would never try a charm offensive. They would deploy someone to plant lies, scaremongering, and generally praise the board/arrogantly dismiss criticism.

That the person doing this on P&B is woefully inept at doing so, easily caught out, and routinely bodied is a perfect microcosm of the current board/fans dynamic.

15 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

My favourite part of the PH appointment is after the club telling us about the 100+ applicants we go out and just pick the guy we wanted who didn't even apply.

Basically confirms what I've always suspected In These situations. We set a period for applications  and shortlist that down for interviews but it's all shite for show.

We are gonnae go out and give the job to the guy the board likes long b4 the 1st CV arrives.

Wasn't Jim McIntyre offered the job before PH but turned it down?